Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4622721 times)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #5180 on: November 09, 2007, 10:42:21 am »
Great breakfast place down the other end of the street...I think you are sort of central...it's called Yolk.

Thanks for that, although we probably won't be going out for breakfast since they have a very nice buffet right at the elevator (one on every floor). They have complimentary bathrobes in the closet and it is okay to go the breakfast in your robe...which I just did...and saw, guess what? Another good looking man, in his robe! LOL...

Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of nature
« Reply #5181 on: November 09, 2007, 10:45:38 am »
Good morning 58F and sunny here.  I expect it will warm up.  Right now I feel like getting back under the covers'

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #5182 on: November 09, 2007, 10:51:00 am »
You will love Wicked!

And I surely did. What an experience and what a show!

I went into it a little bit cold...I knew that it was about the two witches from the Wizard of Oz when they were younger, but that was about it. As the show got going, I thought to myself, "This is a fanfic!" and in one way, it is, especially in the first act. Things change gears a bit in the second act but in a completely good and natural way for the flow of the story.

Thinking about it from a fanfic point of view, I actually guessed alot of things that were going to happen, but I never expected the ending which was a complete surprise. That's all I'll say so I don't spoil it for anyone else.

The sets, the costumes, the music, the dancing....everything was amazing. We were in the fourth row! Probably the best seats I have ever had for a show in my life.

Although "Billy Elliott: The Musical" (which I saw in London in Aug 2006) is still number 1 in my lifetime favorite musical experiences, this is right up there...maybe a tie with "Grease" for place number 2. And I saw Grease when? 1972? I need to get out more! LOL

L

PS...The understudy performed last night in the role of Elphaba. Sometimes when I see it is going to be the understudy I think, "Oh no..." but this actress was AMAZING. I can't imagine how the regular performer could have been any better.
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #5183 on: November 09, 2007, 03:53:51 pm »
Do you know I was just looking at Wicked in London and thinking it looked kinda cool.....
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #5184 on: November 09, 2007, 06:03:35 pm »
Do you know I was just looking at Wicked in London and thinking it looked kinda cool.....

I would definitely recommend it!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #5185 on: November 09, 2007, 06:26:49 pm »
What is Wicked In London? Is this a new movie?

I just created a movie poll over at the Polling Place. If this is a movie, please let me know and I will add it to the list!  :)
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #5186 on: November 09, 2007, 06:31:50 pm »
I think I just figured it out. Are you talking about the Broadway "Wicked" and it is playing in London?

I tried scrolling back and I can't seem to locate the original post about this.

I'm confoozed!  :laugh:

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #5187 on: November 09, 2007, 07:06:49 pm »
David you were just hoping that there was a show called "Wicked in London" so you could go there and find out what was so wicked about it!  That's my take on it!

“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #5188 on: November 09, 2007, 07:15:51 pm »
I think I just figured it out. Are you talking about the Broadway "Wicked" and it is playing in London?

I tried scrolling back and I can't seem to locate the original post about this.

I'm confoozed!  :laugh:

David,

A few days ago, Lee was talking about seeing Young Frankenstein on Broadway. In response to that, I commented that I was going to see Wicked (the musical) here in Chicago...which I did, last night. Paul had said I would love Wicked and I was giving an update. I did love it. And then I mentioned Billy Elliott: The Musical and Grease. And then Kelda chimed in about Wicked in London.

Gee, I can't see any reason why you would be confused! LOL

L

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #5189 on: November 10, 2007, 09:55:51 am »
Morning all,

Still in Chicago. The room thermostat still stays it is 52 outside but I have decided I don't trust that since it said 52 yesterday but the weather report said the high for the day was 48! LOL...so checking my handy dandy iphone, the report is....not coming up. Oh well, who cares what the temperature is? It is sunny outside with blue sky. That's all that counts!

L

Saturdays Top Ten List

injest  21863
Garry_LH  11064
MaineWriter  8797
dot-matrix  8500
Front-Ranger  8286

Lucise  7821
David  7040
Ellemeno  7008

Sheriff Roland  6423
Fran  5094
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 04:41:33 pm by MaineWriter »