Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4622235 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #8140 on: September 18, 2008, 03:36:34 pm »
No, the only time that would sound good to me was years ago at about 6 months pregnant !!!! and it was dill pickles, which I usually hate, with vanilla icecream.That and play dough ???  and paper.
 No Can't give you a rational explanation I'm afraid. Funnily enough it never seemed to tempt my husband .James however did develop a liking for play dough which he did not grow out of until he was about 7.and still to this day eats paper.Oh the sins of the mother !!! I do make sure it's recycled though.

I guess it you have someone in the household who likes to eat paper then you can save money by not having to buy a home paper shredder.  :D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline oilgun

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #8141 on: September 18, 2008, 05:54:21 pm »
This is surprisingly delicious:

Spread some regular mustard on a slice of freshly baked French bread and dip in......molasses!  It's wonderful!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #8142 on: September 18, 2008, 06:40:01 pm »
I guess it you have someone in the household who likes to eat paper then you can save money by not having to buy a home paper shredder.  :D

One time I ate so much Play-Dough I crapped an ash tray. ;)

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #8143 on: September 18, 2008, 10:30:54 pm »
James isn't the only one Fiona. I ate Play-Dough too when I was a kid. That and school paste. :P

And I was only kidding about the pickles, jelly and chocolate. I've never tried that before and it sounds terrible. I was just wondering what you all would say! :laugh:

Well that makes me feel beter.I loved the smell of play dough, but as never tempted to eat it.It had a sort of marzipan smell.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #8144 on: September 18, 2008, 11:07:39 pm »
Well that makes me feel beter.I loved the smell of play dough, but as never tempted to eat it.It had a sort of marzipan smell.

It's very salty. At least it used to be. :)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #8145 on: September 18, 2008, 11:57:11 pm »
Good morning all,

No culinary experiments to report this morning. We went out for Italian food to celebrate my last night in Basel and I had scallopine di vitello al limone. The folks I was with (all German speaking) seemed amazed that I could read Italian on the menu. LOL

Not as chilly here today -- 9 degrees -- but my widget says it is 4 in Leuven where Fabienne is. Fabienne, check in ... is it that cold there?

I am up early to pack and head to the train station. I rendez-vous with Chrissi and Hannah at 12:22 pm!

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #8146 on: September 19, 2008, 12:11:40 am »
This is surprisingly delicious:

Spread some regular mustard on a slice of freshly baked French bread and dip in......molasses!  It's wonderful!

Mustard and molasses? Are you sure about that? ;) :laugh:

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #8147 on: September 19, 2008, 12:13:29 am »
Good morning all,

No culinary experiments to report this morning. We went out for Italian food to celebrate my last night in Basel and I had scallopine di vitello al limone. The folks I was with (all German speaking) seemed amazed that I could read Italian on the menu. LOL

Not as chilly here today -- 9 degrees -- but my widget says it is 4 in Leuven where Fabienne is. Fabienne, check in ... is it that cold there?

I am up early to pack and head to the train station. I rendez-vous with Chrissi and Hannah at 12:22 pm!

L

Leslie you're reporting those temperatures in Celcius I hope!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #8148 on: September 19, 2008, 12:18:12 am »
Leslie you're reporting those temperatures in Celcius I hope!

I sure am!

9 in C is 48 d F

4 d C is 39 d F... which is what my widget says it is also at home in Westbrook. Brrr!

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #8149 on: September 19, 2008, 12:20:28 am »
I sure am!

9 in C is 48 d F

4 d C is 39 d F... which is what my widget says it is also at home in Westbrook. Brrr!

L

That's good! I was beginning to worry perhaps Europe started its winter early! Although 39 F doesn't sound too good either! I hope you packed your longjohns! :D

Please give Chrissi a big hug for me when you see her, okay Leslie? :-*