Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4636861 times)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #8180 on: September 20, 2008, 03:51:03 am »
Oh, I forgot. My widget says it is 8 degrees here, 9 degrees in Basel, 8 degrees in Leuven, and 40 degrees at home (jeez, this weather list is getting awfully long...)

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #8181 on: September 20, 2008, 11:28:43 am »
Back to sticky and humid here,but migraine has gone so don't care.Daughter has gone to a qualifying gymnastics meet with her father and right at the last minute the boys decided to go. I think the idea of a whole host of pretty girls in leotards appealed to them. :)
Still it lets me off the taxi service to the mall for oldest, and the I am bored from the youngest.
I have to say had I known they were all going a little earlier,I would have had time to get a shower, and gone too.

Tomorrow is papier mache parrot day, for daughters rainforest project,I can hardly contain my excitement.It will probably end up looking like a snake,everything I make looks like a snake.!!!!  Nothing Freudian, just non existant artistic talents.

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #8182 on: September 20, 2008, 11:31:25 am »
Sometimes a snake is just a snake...

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #8183 on: September 20, 2008, 11:44:38 am »
Hi folks! We did the Grand Canyon yesterday, and words are simply inadequate to describe the splendor of it all.  Eventually, I'll post some pics (must be a thousand of 'em).  Today we're off to visit the Hopis on Second Mesa and the Navajos at Canyon de Chelly.

Cheers to all who passed posting milestones!  8)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #8184 on: September 20, 2008, 11:53:19 am »
Howdy, Meryl and Mikaela!  Glad you're enjoying our beautiful Southwest!

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #8185 on: September 20, 2008, 01:09:10 pm »
Congrats Jess!! And hello Meryl and Mikela - looking forward to thoser pics!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #8186 on: September 20, 2008, 05:53:17 pm »
Hi folks! We did the Grand Canyon yesterday, and words are simply inadequate to describe the splendor of it all. 

I had a huge personal epiphany at the Grand Canyon, about 25 years ago.  I was traveling through the Southwest with my boyfriend and our friend Bob, and the two of them decided to hike down into the Canyon.  I decided not to.  So I spent that day and night on my own.  I went to a spot on the edge of the canyon renowned for sunsets, and sure enough it was beyond exquisite.  I was falling into a deep funk because I was wishing that my friends were with me to see it, and pretty much ruining this incredibly special experience for myself, with my own attitude.   Suddenly I realized that my eyes wouldn't see the beauty any better if someone was there with me, in fact I would be distracted from the view.  It healed a lot of self-created loneliness for me.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #8187 on: September 20, 2008, 09:02:14 pm »
*waves to everyone*

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #8188 on: September 20, 2008, 10:05:42 pm »
 Suddenly I realized that my eyes wouldn't see the beauty any better if someone was there with me, in fact I would be distracted from the view.  It healed a lot of self-created loneliness for me.

Very interesting, Elle! It's strange, but when I'm alone in nature I don't feel lonely either! In fact, when I feel the loneliest is when I'm in a crowd of uncaring people, or in a hostile place, or surrounded by impersonal cubicles and office workers.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #8189 on: September 20, 2008, 11:58:37 pm »

Heya Meryl and Mikaela!!! Thanks for checking in!  Can't wait to hear more about your great trip! :)
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie