Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4622052 times)

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #8630 on: October 31, 2008, 02:01:13 pm »
Greetings from Australia! Temp here...who knows? We don't have thermometers in the Outback!

The Drover

Damn, mr. Drover, you do look good on a horse!

:)
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #8631 on: October 31, 2008, 06:41:01 pm »
congrats Dev!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #8632 on: November 01, 2008, 06:12:32 am »

Congrats to Dev
on 3000 posts!

Offline optom3

« Reply #8633 on: November 01, 2008, 04:25:56 pm »
Today is my younger son Matt's birthday. We have had a lovely time with him so far.We are so broke at the moment, we just gave him some money.We then took him to the outlet mall near us and he bought tons of clothes. He is over the moon as the recession means everything which is already masively discounted, has even more money off.
I am so pleased I managed to put a positive spin on the very hard times we are having. I told him he had got 3 times as much(true) for less tha 1/4 of what we gave him last year and he is a very happy little bunny.
 The birthday cards from us all were the real cheap ones from our store 10 cents,but I wrote my own poems in them and he was so pleased with that. Thought they were way more cool than usual. I look at him and my face lights up, as I think I must have done something right.
 He even has money left over. 3 pairs of American Eagle flip flops for $7, three quick silver Tshirts for $10, nike tennis shoes, $10, 2 aeropostle t shirts and 2 pairs of shorts, $20 A whole new wardrobe for under 50 bucks and he still had some change.
In the days when we used to spoil them, probably, we used to spend about $250.
He is just as happy today as in previous years, in fact even happier. He has less money but as everything is sooo cheap now, he does not have to dither on what to spend the money on. We are off to the all you can eat Italian buffet tonight, which he loves and fortunately is about as cheap as eating out gets. !!!!!

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #8634 on: November 01, 2008, 04:35:04 pm »
Hiya Fiona!

Happy birthday, Matt!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #8635 on: November 01, 2008, 11:48:53 pm »
Hey BetterMostians!  Just checking in briefly to report that I'm still in Anchorage and Carmen is on her feet!  Tomorrow night is the Piano Dress rehearsal, then we've got two Orchestra Dresses next week and open on the 8th.  I can't wait til I have some free time to explore.  Alaska is amazingly beautiful, and Anchorage is set right between the Chugach Mountains and the sea.  It's been cold here, but so far no snow, which is good, since I haven't driven in snow for years.  I'll try to check in more often as I get more time.

Miss you all.  Looks like you all had a fun Halloween!  ;D

Hugs,
Meryl
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #8636 on: November 02, 2008, 06:30:46 am »
Hey BetterMostians!  Just checking in briefly to report that I'm still in Anchorage and Carmen is on her feet!  Tomorrow night is the Piano Dress rehearsal, then we've got two Orchestra Dresses next week and open on the 8th.  I can't wait til I have some free time to explore.  Alaska is amazingly beautiful, and Anchorage is set right between the Chugach Mountains and the sea.  It's been cold here, but so far no snow, which is good, since I haven't driven in snow for years.  I'll try to check in more often as I get more time.

Miss you all.  Looks like you all had a fun Halloween!  ;D

Hugs,
Meryl

Meryl! :D
Thanks for checking in. No snow yet in Anchorage? I would have thought everything up there is already covered in snow.
Wish you all the best for opening night and great success for the whole production!
We miss you too :-*

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #8637 on: November 02, 2008, 09:42:37 am »
Hey Meryl! Good to see ya!

And Fiona, happy birthday to Matt - from all your posts you've done a great job with him. I think kids defo get far to spoiled these dayd and I'm glad he appreciated what he got. And probably much more too.
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline optom3

« Reply #8638 on: November 02, 2008, 10:13:34 am »
Meryl, is it Carmen the opera you are referring to, are am I a being a dozy mare. If so it is my joint favourite opera along with madame butterfly. I am the only one in my family who likes opera and ballet, although my husband used to take me to both when we had money, bless him.
Lovely day yesterday for Matt's b'day, but a bit chilly again today.
Hope everyone else is having a good weekend.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #8639 on: November 02, 2008, 01:51:08 pm »
Hiya Meryl!  Good to see you!    ;D

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!