Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4622207 times)

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #8390 on: October 09, 2008, 11:13:07 am »
Wow injest, you are great!             

Congratulations injest and may you continue as you please!

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #8391 on: October 09, 2008, 05:15:12 pm »
phew.. 31K.. wow.. that's a lot of talking...
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Artiste

« Reply #8392 on: October 09, 2008, 08:33:12 pm »
You deserve a crown injest!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #8393 on: October 09, 2008, 08:37:29 pm »
WHAT?? Jess is up to 31,000 posts? Yipes! I just congratulated her for achieving 30,000 posts something like.... what?.... two minutes ago! ;)

I wonder how many keyboards she's burned up since she joined Bettermost? ;D :laugh:

Congratulations Jess!! :D

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #8394 on: October 09, 2008, 08:37:48 pm »

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Artiste

« Reply #8395 on: October 09, 2008, 08:43:05 pm »
Oh, I wish I could give her such a crown merited, as in your pic CellarDweller!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #8396 on: October 11, 2008, 09:22:06 am »
Morning all,

I was off in Boston for a quick business trip but now I am back. Another beautiful day...46 degrees and lots of blue skies.

My widget tells me it is 22 deg C in Basel. Looks like summer has returned over in Switzerland!

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #8397 on: October 11, 2008, 11:54:09 am »
Sunny and no humidity here, just a glorious day.The kids have all gone to the school fair with their father, as he sees so little of them . I am reasonably happy as the banks are now closed for 3 days, so nothing catastrophic can happen with the business !!!

We do however need a minor miracle at some stage in the next week,but I am closing my eyes and ears to anything business wise for the next 3 days. I have spent the last week in abject terror, trying to keep all the problems from the kids, bolster up my husband, who is pretty close to the edge,and find ever increasingly inventive accounting methods.

I have tried so hard to see the plus side of all the this, and I figured as we could not afford a grocery truck order this week, we do at least now know, which foods are vital, to our customers and which are more dead stock, by looking at the holes in the stock.

I am amazed that in such a poor area, we still have block cheese left, but the ready grated has all gone. How lazy are some people ?? They do not have 2 cents to rub together, and yet they pay over the odds, not to grate their own cheese, and same with corn muffin mix, all gone. Yet how much cheaper it is to get the individual ingredients and make your own. !!!!!!

I truly am flabergasted.

Offline Artiste

« Reply #8398 on: October 11, 2008, 01:09:06 pm »
Bonjour Fiona!

You present good news!

Am glad that the kids are with their father, this time as those are rare times!

Yes, too many persons are now with a habit of purchasing ready-made foods such as you say.
I can agree with mother getting some of those items you mentioned since she is in her 80's and with bad back and other health problems such as cancer, and at least, I see her still making her soups by trying her memory and other daily meals mostly or all from scratch.

Maybe, you could have someone there in the store show how to create soups from left-overs?

Have a wonderful day!

Au revoir,
hugs!

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #8399 on: October 12, 2008, 12:00:53 pm »
I have decided that as our customers  do not want to grate their own cheese, and will pay a premium for the ready grated, we will buy in block cheese.
 I will grate it myself, bag and label it. The price will be cheaper than the bought in grated, but we will still make a better profit, my labour is free.
 I call that a win/win situation. Cheaper for the customers, more profit for us, and bye bye, to another big supplier, who refused us even one weeks grace on our bill, and we were able to pay 50% of the bill in cash.They refused to deliver anything, until the whole bill was cleared.

We will search around for more local suppliers, and give them the business instead. !!!