Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4637116 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #9880 on: May 21, 2009, 08:43:06 am »
I guess we've been lucky this week so far. Another boneless blue morning in Philadelphia, with temp. about 62 F when I left home. Supposed to go into the low 80s F this afternoon.  :)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #9881 on: May 21, 2009, 12:57:44 pm »
Grey and overcast today.The last 4 days it has rained non stop. I know I should be pleased as we have needed rain for months, but all this grey is depressing.It is not raining at the moment but looking at the sky I suspect that will change any time soon.
I am going to try and get some pictures of Annie, the swimming dog, as she has now discovered a new game, well 2 actually. When you walk her she plays lets roll over in as many storm drains as possible, isn't this fun mummy.
Her most recent discovery,is if she goes to the far side of the lanai, which is not under the roof, she can play slip and slide the whole length of the pool.
I thought it was a real hoot watching her yesterday, until she had a malfunction with her brakes and went crashing right through the lanai screen and of course was out the yard in a flash making a dash for freedom.
As she is part German shepherd, she was completely unharmed,but the panel will have to be replaced,again !!!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #9882 on: May 21, 2009, 02:54:49 pm »
Grey and overcast today.The last 4 days it has rained non stop. I know I should be pleased as we have needed rain for months, but all this grey is depressing.It is not raining at the moment but looking at the sky I suspect that will change any time soon.

What on earth is happening in Florida? I think I heard on the news this morning that some places have had two feet of rain!  :o
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #9883 on: May 22, 2009, 08:38:00 am »
Well, temp. 62 F when I left home this morning, but gray and damp.  :(  I thought it was s'posed to be nice today?  ??? Anyway, I'm leaving the office at noon today to go visit my dad for a part of the holiday weekend. Be back home sometime Sunday afternoon or evening.

Online Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #9884 on: May 22, 2009, 10:45:01 am »
Weather in the Rocky Mountains was as follows: heavy fog over the Continental Divide, overcast in Vail, hot on the Western Slope, dust storms in Monument Valley, and driving rain in Northern Arizona. Nevertheless, the praying Prius prevailed!! Gray and wet in Flagstaff this a.m.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #9885 on: May 23, 2009, 12:45:26 pm »

CONGRATS to JEFF, GIL and KATIE!
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #9886 on: May 23, 2009, 12:53:29 pm »
Weather in the Rocky Mountains was as follows: heavy fog over the Continental Divide, overcast in Vail, hot on the Western Slope, dust storms in Monument Valley, and driving rain in Northern Arizona. Nevertheless, the praying Prius prevailed!! Gray and wet in Flagstaff this a.m.

Thanks for the weather report, Lee.  Looks like Mikaela and I lucked out on the timing of our Southwest trip.  Last week it was beautiful in all those places.  Here's the incredible view from our hotel room at Monument Valley:

Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #9887 on: May 23, 2009, 07:27:46 pm »
Wow wow, Merly!!  I want that on the banner.  May we?  I hope you say mais oui!  :)

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #9888 on: May 23, 2009, 07:29:24 pm »
Thanks for the weather report, Lee.  Looks like Mikaela and I lucked out on the timing of our Southwest trip.  Last week it was beautiful in all those places.  Here's the incredible view from our hotel room at Monument Valley:

yes! wow!!

Was it really hot there?

This is definately a place I want to visit!

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #9889 on: May 24, 2009, 12:53:45 am »
Wow wow, Merly!!  I want that on the banner.  May we?  I hope you say mais oui!  :)

Sure enough, Clarissa.  Yes, Monika, it was hot, but at least it wasn't humid. 8)

Here are some more from our trip:

This was a ceremony held at our hotel by and for Navajo veterans of the U.S. military.  It included Navajo chanting as well as the Star-Spangled Banner sung in Navajo.

Another view of Monument Valley taken during our sunset tour

A Navajo hogan and its brush arbor deep inside Monument Valley

The Totem Pole formation

Monument Valley seen through the Teardrop formation in Mystery Valley, an area to the south where old ruins and pictographs can be found.

Ich bin ein Brokie...