Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4633875 times)

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2540 on: February 09, 2007, 08:02:54 am »
I hear ya Leslie.   I wont wash it unless I think I can get several days of good weather.    Plus when it gets that winter grime on it, I end up somehow rubbing against the car getting in and it is on my jacket or pants.  That and I like driving a nice shiny clean car.  I hate looking out dirty windows.

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2541 on: February 09, 2007, 08:23:38 am »
Jeff,  here is a better pic of the S.S.United States taken recently.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #2542 on: February 09, 2007, 09:47:17 am »
I hear ya Leslie.   I wont wash it unless I think I can get several days of good weather.    Plus when it gets that winter grime on it, I end up somehow rubbing against the car getting in and it is on my jacket or pants.  That and I like driving a nice shiny clean car.  I hate looking out dirty windows.

Been a long time since I've been a vehicle owner, but isn't it better for the car to keep cleaning that crud off it, even if you just have to turn around and do it again after the next storm?  ???
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #2543 on: February 09, 2007, 09:54:06 am »
Been a long time since I've been a vehicle owner, but isn't it better for the car to keep cleaning that crud off it, even if you just have to turn around and do it again after the next storm?  ???
Probaby, but at $10-$12 a pop for a car wash, it bugs me. I also wonder how good it is for my convertible top to be running it through a car wash all the time (maybe someone can answer that question for me). One nice thing about taking it to the dealer for service...they wash the car, by hand, and vacuum the inside.

I think people know, I picked my car up in Sweden, and then toured Norway for two weeks. When we were in Bergen, we parked it under a tree and some sort of sticky stuff got all over it. I didn't have time to find a car wash in Bergen, but in Trondheim, we did. Figuring out how to run the car through a Norwegian car wash was an experience. This is some of the stuff I like doing the most on trips...ordinary things you do at home, but doing it in a foreign country where it seems completely alien. I also like going grocery shopping in other countries.

Okay, I'm weird.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #2544 on: February 09, 2007, 10:00:25 am »
Probaby, but at $10-$12 a pop for a car wash, it bugs me. I also wonder how good it is for my convertible top to be running it through a car wash all the time (maybe someone can answer that question for me). One nice thing about taking it to the dealer for service...they wash the car, by hand, and vacuum the inside.

Oooo. Never thought about the effect of takin' a ragtop through a car warsh.  ??? My daddy, he always had hardtops.  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline saucycobblers

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.
« Reply #2545 on: February 09, 2007, 02:53:44 pm »
((Nicky glances nervously at the dimly-lit sign saying 'Bettermost 1000+ Posts Club' above the reinforced steel door, takes several deep breaths, cracks her knuckles and raps on the door 3 times.

Several moments pass. Then a small sliding hatch opens with a loud clank. A pair of eyes darts first left, then right, then looks directly at the trembling Nicky...))

**WHUT?**

((Nicky gulps))

**Er...excuse me, but as this is my 1000th post I was wonderin' if I could join your most exclusive and prestigious club? Do I need a secret password or sumthin'?**
Will you stop playing with that radio of yours, I'm trying to get to sleep!

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #2546 on: February 09, 2007, 03:05:18 pm »
NICKY!! 

So glad you're here, come on in.  The cherry cake will be out of the oven in a minute.  Par-tay!

Offline saucycobblers

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.
« Reply #2547 on: February 09, 2007, 03:07:37 pm »
How lovely! It smells delicious!

((Nicky relaxes in a leather easy-chair, kicks off her cowgirl boots and sighs contentedly...))
Will you stop playing with that radio of yours, I'm trying to get to sleep!

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #2548 on: February 09, 2007, 03:09:25 pm »
This is some of the stuff I like doing the most on trips...ordinary things you do at home, but doing it in a foreign country where it seems completely alien. I also like going grocery shopping in other countries.

Okay, I'm weird.

L

Not weird, Leslie, it's one of the funnest parts of travelling.  I love doing the small regular things in other countries (or for that matter sometimes in this varied country of ours).  Like in Germany, how so many food stuffs come in tubes, that would come in jars or squeeze bottles in the US.  I love that part of travelling.  I live close to the Canadian border, and even right over it there are some differences.  

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #2549 on: February 09, 2007, 03:21:14 pm »
Saucy!!!!! welcome!!!!!!!!!!!

;D
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/