Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4631058 times)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2750 on: February 26, 2007, 07:32:11 pm »
DAMMIT   The BlockBuster rental DVD doesn't have any extras on it.   :(

Well DARN...how can that be, I wonder? They make different versions? Maybe...come to think of it, I have had plenty of Netflix movies that didn't have any special features.

RATS.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #2751 on: February 26, 2007, 07:33:48 pm »
DAMMIT   The BlockBuster rental DVD doesn't have any extras on it.   :(

God David, you've got to be kidding me! No extras at all? What a bunch of cheapskates!

I think I watched The Terminal on Showtime or HBO several years back. I don't think I rented it on DVD. I wonder if the store bought DVDs also lack extras?   :-\
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #2752 on: February 27, 2007, 03:34:59 am »
Amanda and all,

I have TiVo, and one of the things on it is a game called Wordsmith.  It's a sort of Scrabble-like game for one person, where you have to make words out of the bunch of letters they give you.  I enjoy it very much, and the game's bank of words it "knows" and accepts is very impressive.  It's very up to date and very thorough.  I was playing it a couple of days ago, and saw that I could make the word "LEET."  I tried it, and it accepted it!!!

I thought about posting this in the "Report your use of Brokieisms in so-called "real life"  thread, but decided it's really more of a post count topic than a Brokieism topic.

:)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #2753 on: February 27, 2007, 03:51:06 am »
Amanda and all,

I have TiVo, and one of the things on it is a game called Wordsmith.  It's a sort of Scrabble-like game for one person, where you have to make words out of the bunch of letters they give you.  I enjoy it very much, and the game's bank of words it "knows" and accepts is very impressive.  It's very up to date and very thorough.  I was playing it a couple of days ago, and saw that I could make the word "LEET."  I tried it, and it accepted it!!!
I thought about posting this in the "Report your use of Brokieisms in so-called "real life"  thread, but decided it's really more of a post count topic than a Brokieism topic.

:)

Clarissa, it actually knew the word "leet"? Did it provide a definition for "leet"? Something like, "a word used to confuse BetterMostians when they post their 1337 message"?

I wonder what the actual definition of "leet" is?  ???
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #2754 on: February 27, 2007, 06:56:41 am »
Clarissa, it actually knew the word "leet"? Did it provide a definition for "leet"? Something like, "a word used to confuse BetterMostians when they post their 1337 message"?

I wonder what the actual definition of "leet" is?  ???

From Wikipedia...

Leet or Leetspeak (often written in Leet as 1337 or 13375p34k, or 13375p33|<) is a writing system used primarily on the Internet, particularly on IRC but nowadays also in online games such as Counter-Strike, RuneScape, Ragnarok Online, and Team Fortress. The term itself is derived from the word Elite, meaning “better than the rest,” and generally has the same meaning when referring to the hacking skills of another person.

Leet can be defined as the perturbation or modification of written text. For example, the term leet itself is often written l33t, or 1337, and many other variations.[1] Such perturbations are frequently referred to as “Leetspeak”. In addition to modification of standard language, new colloquialisms have been added to the parlance. It is also important to note that Leet itself is not solely based upon one language or character set. Greek, Russian, Chinese, and other languages have been subjected to the Leet variety. As such, while it may be referred to as a “cipher,” a “dialect,” or a “language,” Leet does not fit squarely into any of these categories.

Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #2755 on: February 27, 2007, 06:57:38 am »
Morning all....

9 degrees this morning. Not sure what the day holds in terms of precipitation. No snow so far...

L

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2756 on: February 27, 2007, 07:53:45 am »
Anybody else seen The Terminal?     

I saw it in the theater. It was a good entertaining movie but plotwise it was somewhat silly. I enjoyed it thoguh. It is the kind of movie that helps you relax and put away all your worries for a little while.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #2757 on: February 27, 2007, 08:01:54 am »
I saw it in the theater. It was a good entertaining movie but plotwise it was somewhat silly. I enjoyed it thoguh. It is the kind of movie that helps you relax and put away all your worries for a little while.

And to be honest, more often than not, that's what I am looking for in a movie.

L

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #2758 on: February 27, 2007, 08:05:43 am »
That lazy David...you'd think it was his weekend or something!

Tuesday Morning Top Ten List

injest  10178
Lucise  6362
Garry_LH  5202
MaineWriter  5075

Front-Ranger  4661
louisev  3388
David Twist  3285
Ellemeno  3028
David  3021

Fran  2805

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2759 on: February 27, 2007, 08:57:57 am »
Ha ha ha!      Sure enough!

Thanks Leslie!

Geez!   It is snowing again!    Looks real purty outside, that's for sure.