Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4632252 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3260 on: April 11, 2007, 09:15:50 am »
Morning all...

Greetings from the land where winter never ends! It is 19 degrees wright now with a high of 41 predicted for today. Sunny though, with blue sky already.

L

So is Maine going to have two seasons this year, winter and mud?
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #3261 on: April 11, 2007, 09:56:42 am »
So is Maine going to have two seasons this year, winter and mud?

It's beginning to feel that way!

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #3262 on: April 11, 2007, 01:39:03 pm »
Hey, David, here's one for our resident travel security expert.  ;)

What's the deal on tablet-type prescription medications?

I've just been to the TSA web site, and I believe I understand correctly that you are allowed to carry on more than three ounces of prescription medication, but you have to show the medicationss at the screening point?

So I'm currently taking two different prescription medications, both in tablet form. Any suggestions on how I should pack the bottles?

And the little, 24-pill size bottles of stuff like Tylenol, they're also supposed to be in the one-gallon Zip-lok bag?

Thanks, bud!

Edit: Don't worry, I meant "one-quart." See below.  ;D
« Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 03:19:32 pm by Jeff Wrangler »
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #3263 on: April 11, 2007, 01:52:00 pm »
Jeff,

My understanding is that prescription medication in tablet form needs to be in the original prescription bottle, with the pharmacy label.

They don't seem to care at all about anything like Tylenol. I have a Tupperware container (small) that I keep in my purse with Tylenol in it...not labeled. No one has ever asked about it or confiscated it. At least not yet!

Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3264 on: April 11, 2007, 02:45:43 pm »
Hey, David, here's one for our resident travel security expert.  ;)

What's the deal on tablet-type prescription medications?

I've just been to the TSA web site, and I believe I understand correctly that you are allowed to carry on more than three ounces of prescription medication, but you have to show the medicationss at the screening point?

So I'm currently taking two different prescription medications, both in tablet form. Any suggestions on how I should pack the bottles?

And the little, 24-pill size bottles of stuff like Tylenol, they're also supposed to be in the one-gallon Zip-lok bag?

Thanks, bud!

I think it is just the liquid stuff that needs to be in a one gallon zip-lock bag, just liquids and gels.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #3265 on: April 11, 2007, 03:05:01 pm »

Thanks, bud!

And Jeff, I believe it is a one quart bag, not one gallon.

And you are only allowed one bag.

Leslie

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #3266 on: April 11, 2007, 03:11:16 pm »
Jeff,

My understanding is that prescription medication in tablet form needs to be in the original prescription bottle, with the pharmacy label.

That I would take as a given. I never take my prescription stuff out of its original containers. But then I only take two prescription things--for now.  ;)

They don't seem to care at all about anything like Tylenol. I have a Tupperware container (small) that I keep in my purse with Tylenol in it...not labeled. No one has ever asked about it or confiscated it. At least not yet!

Leslie

That's a good suggestion, a small Tupperware container. That's what I'm really hoping for from our expert, advice on how to deal with this stuff to get through quickly and efficiently.

Did I say "gallon"?  ???  :o

Sorry about that. I know it's "quart," the size I use for kitchen storage all the time.

Just don't send me out to get you a quart of milk. ...  :laugh:

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #3267 on: April 11, 2007, 03:38:20 pm »
That I would take as a given. I never take my prescription stuff out of its original containers. But then I only take two prescription things--for now.  ;)

Lots of people transfer their pills to those "pill per day" containers and they are not labeled. That's where the problem comes in.

That's a good suggestion, a small Tupperware container. That's what I'm really hoping for from our expert, advice on how to deal with this stuff to get through quickly and efficiently.

Like I said, I have never had a problem.

Just don't send me out to get you a quart of milk. ...  :laugh:

Just a bottle of Glenfiddich, darlin!

L

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #3268 on: April 11, 2007, 04:10:35 pm »
Lots of people transfer their pills to those "pill per day" containers and they are not labeled. That's where the problem comes in.

My dad does that. He has this enormous container to organize a week's worth of pills. I guess I have that to look forward to.  :-\  :laugh:

Just a bottle of Glenfiddich, darlin!

L

Yeah, but that comes in different sizes, too!  :laugh:

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #3269 on: April 11, 2007, 05:39:40 pm »
Coming through Paris three weeks ago there was a woman with an enormous bag of beauty products, all full size, all liquid. The inspection guy was not happy and I thought to myself, has she been living with her head in the sand for the past 9 months?

L