Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4632142 times)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #4760 on: September 17, 2007, 04:38:49 am »
hey everybody,

It's another grey cool day in Britain and I am home sick with swollen glands and a headache that is threatening to make half of my face break off.  I need distractions...!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #4761 on: September 17, 2007, 06:29:41 am »
Morning all,

41 degrees and clear skies. Looks like a nice day once the chill burns off!

My handy-dandy iPhone weather center says it is 73 and sunny in Zeiskam! Chrissi, are you enjoying this weather?

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #4762 on: September 17, 2007, 08:30:12 am »
I wish a pounding headache was all I had.  I turned on the computer to read what illnesses are indicated by "swollen glands" and unless it's strep throat or an infection of some kind, all of the illnesses are horrible.  So I am going on the theory I have a viral infection due to all the other symptoms, and taking long hard naps and not going ANYWHERE.  Thank goodness I went out for a new bottle of fruit squash to keep my fluids up!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #4763 on: September 17, 2007, 09:00:02 am »
Brrr!   Another cool morning here too.    And I woke up with a pounding headache too Louise.    :-\

Two Tylenol and two cups of coffee later things are looking up.  That plus I turned on the heat to take the chill off the house.   :)

Yesterday was such a lovely pre-autumn day down here that I kept the windows open to air my place out and didn't close them until bedtime.

This morning I woke up with the worst sinus congestion I've had in months and my right eye "pasted" shut.

:P
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #4764 on: September 17, 2007, 12:00:36 pm »
Geeez!   It sounds like we are all falling apart!     :P

I actually feel pretty good...knock on wood!

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #4765 on: September 17, 2007, 03:06:44 pm »

Thanks all for all the good wishes and caring prayers...Very much appreciated...

Janice

Beautiful mind

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #4766 on: September 17, 2007, 03:47:46 pm »
My handy-dandy iPhone weather center says it is 73 and sunny in Zeiskam! Chrissi, are you enjoying this weather?

L

Hm. Considering you posted this at 6:30am and it was 12:30pm in Germany at that time: yup, it was warm and sunny. Even more than 22°. I'd guess 25°C (77°F). Around 2pm it changed and rained almost the whole remaining day.

But what is more amazing: your weather order from last week did work! Wednsday you said it would be sunny through Sunday for me. And it was!  :D

Wow!

BTW: I thought the handy-dandy iPhone is your husband's? Was I wrong or did you scrounge it from him  ;)?

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #4767 on: September 17, 2007, 04:03:02 pm »

BTW: I thought the handy-dandy iPhone is your husband's? Was I wrong or did you scrounge it from him  ;)?

Actually, I got my own a few weeks ago. Tony had mentioned getting me an iPhone or MP3 player for my birthday. I wasn't sure what I what, if either. Then, when I went to Las Vegas my other phone was very infuriating...it kept shutting off and I missed a bunch of important calls. So I came home and said, "I want my birthday iPhone!" and I got it.

I love it.

And for your weather, Chrissi...it says rain tomorrow (Tuesday) but then sunny for the rest of the week with temps in the 60s.

L

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #4768 on: September 17, 2007, 04:22:15 pm »
Hm. Considering you posted this at 6:30am and it was 12:30pm in Germany at that time: yup, it was warm and sunny. Even more than 22°. I'd guess 25°C (77°F). Around 2pm it changed and rained almost the whole remaining day.

But what is more amazing: your weather order from last week did work! Wednsday you said it would be sunny through Sunday for me. And it was!  :D

Wow!

What major city are you close to in Germany, Chrissi? I'd like to know so I can look up your weather on my cell phone!

Hey, we need a back up around here, just in case Leslie takes a sick day!  ;)  :D
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #4769 on: September 18, 2007, 05:04:06 am »
Still home sick, I got rid of the headache as the day went on yesterday but looks like it's back till I push enough fluids.

but today I have a phone interview which may promise a return to America and a productive contract, so wish me luck peeps!