Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4631299 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #6160 on: February 15, 2008, 10:43:08 am »
When I was a little boy, I always looked forward to the first crocuses in my mother's garden.  :D

I love the tiny irises! (They look like tiny irises, anyway. ...)

We're having lovely pre-spring weather over here. I already have flowers in my garden. I hope this will cheer the 'winter suffers' up a little.

"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #6161 on: February 15, 2008, 11:01:15 am »
Fabienne,

I was thinking about those flowers and I remembered...just about a year ago, you said the same thing. You had flowers...and then one month later, I went to visit you and it was rather chilly! And in Germany, it was downright cold! So don't be seduced by those flowers, I think you have some more winter ahead of you...LOL

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #6162 on: February 15, 2008, 11:41:35 am »
Fabienne,

I was thinking about those flowers and I remembered...just about a year ago, you said the same thing. You had flowers...and then one month later, I went to visit you and it was rather chilly! And in Germany, it was downright cold! So don't be seduced by those flowers, I think you have some more winter ahead of you...LOL

L

I know, we're not out of the woods yet, but it doesn't look like we'll be having real winter weather this winter. Global heating, you know. We're having cold nights though, almost subzero temperatures. But the weekend will be good. My husband's off cycling tomorrow and I'll go for a run in the woods.

And funny enough, I can't remember it being cold when you were here last year. I remember we had good weather, lots of sunshine and a beautiful sunset in Ypres. But you're right of course, if the sun was shining, it must have been chilly.

Time flies doesn't it.  :-\
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #6163 on: February 15, 2008, 12:34:03 pm »
I remember, too. We had really lovely spring weather before you came here, Leslie. But when I drove you to the airport, there was a wintery mix on the streets  :)
Oh, and there were some snowflakes when we visited the cementary in France. It fitted the mood.

Yes, time flies  :-\ It's almost a year since then, and to think of the past few weeks, ...

But hey, there are always things to look forward to. Before we know it, May will be here  :D
Just today I received a letter from my travel agency, telling me the flight schedule has slightly changed.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #6164 on: February 15, 2008, 12:44:39 pm »
My fellow BetterMostians can officially welcome me to the 21. century!  ;D

I got a cell-phone today. My first. Husband bought it. He thinks I need a cell-phone for my US trip, so I can call home anytime and he'll be able to reach me if it were necessary.

Aaaaaand: he also bought me a laptop!  :D Just like this. He saw a good offer and thought it would be nice for me to have a laptop. I know I'm repeating myself, but I LOVE this man!

I'm a modern girl now  ;D

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #6165 on: February 15, 2008, 01:47:23 pm »
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #6166 on: February 15, 2008, 02:29:54 pm »
Wow, Chrissi, glasses, a cell phone and a laptop all in one week!  Good things come in threes.  ;D
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #6167 on: February 15, 2008, 02:31:16 pm »

CONGRATULATIONS ON 4000 POSTS, PAUL!
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #6168 on: February 15, 2008, 03:35:34 pm »
Wow, Chrissi, glasses, a cell phone and a laptop all in one week!  Good things come in threes.  ;D

They really do! Congratulations, Chrissi...well, maybe not congratulations on the glasses, but the cellphone and computer are exciting!

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #6169 on: February 15, 2008, 04:53:32 pm »

CONGRATULATIONS ON 4000 POSTS, PAUL!
Thanks, Meryl!