Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4626061 times)

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • well, I won't
Re: Zo? Dit is prima!
« Reply #6800 on: May 13, 2008, 08:47:10 am »

Zo? Dit is prima!   :)

Paul, if you haven't already, I hope you'll join the Queen's Gambit conversation thread in Chez Tremblay.  As you may have heard, Ellen Juno was going to play the lead role when Heath directed it, so she is now a Brokieism to me.  So the movie Smart People became a Brokieism for me, when I saw it two weeks ago.

I'll join as soon as I finish the book!  As I read it, I keep thinking what wonderful things  Heath would have done with it. :'(  I had forgotten about Ellen Page, and didn't exactly picture her in my mind as Beth.  But, boy, she could pull it off.

Yes, the Brokieisms keep spreading.

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #6801 on: May 13, 2008, 08:47:34 am »
It's Boo-KAY, of course!  ;)  :laugh:  :-*

You get a beaker! :laugh:

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #6802 on: May 13, 2008, 08:53:32 am »
You get a beaker! :laugh:

Good! I need a beaker!  :laugh:

A digression anecdote: Our PBS affiliate runs Keeping Up Appearances every Monday at 7:30 p.m. In last night's episode, Rose and Daisy picked up a "toy boy," very young, rode a motorbike--didn't bother Onslow a bit. The kid was kinda cute, so I watched the credits at the end to see if they listed a name. Turned out it was a very young Jonny Lee Miller, probably most famous as the former Mr. Angelina Jolie, but also the star of this season's Eli Stone.

Goes to prove that cute boys grow up to be handsome men.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #6803 on: May 13, 2008, 09:06:20 am »

Then you must have been a very cute boy!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: Zo? Dit is prima!
« Reply #6804 on: May 13, 2008, 09:15:41 am »
I'll join as soon as I finish the book!  As I read it, I keep thinking what wonderful things  Heath would have done with it. :'(  I had forgotten about Ellen Page, and didn't exactly picture her in my mind as Beth.  But, boy, she could pull it off.

Yes, the Brokieisms keep spreading.

Supposedly there is a finished script, somewhere out there in the world. I'd love to read that!
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #6805 on: May 13, 2008, 09:23:37 am »
Supposedly there is a finished script, somewhere out there in the world. I'd love to read that!

Oh good, SuperSleuth is on the hunt!  If anyone can find it, Leslie, it's you!

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #6806 on: May 13, 2008, 09:39:42 am »

Oh good, SuperSleuth is on the hunt!  If anyone can find it, Leslie, it's you!

Never heard that rumour of a finished script before. If it really exists, the one or other Brokie will find and spread it one day. And like Elle said, I wouldn't be surprised if it were you L. :)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #6807 on: May 13, 2008, 09:45:48 am »
This is from one of the articles I posted over on the Queen's Gambit thread:

The product of this creative partnership, the 109-page script, is vastly nuanced and enjoyable. It is a Beautiful Mind-style tale of frustrated, lonely genius, and how that intelligence deals with the world. But of this, one page stands out. It is a scene in which Beth has a crisis of confidence leading up to a major tournament. She retreats, alone, to her family house. This section reads: "There is noise coming from everywhere in the house. Her suitcase lies open on the bed, clothes spilling everywhere. There are at least a dozen bottles of tranquilliser pills lying in the suitcase, stuffed into every corner, each with Mexican labels. She opens one of these – grabs a bottle of liquor – and drinks direct from the bottle to swallow two pills." It would have been a script with which Ledger would have been intimately connected at the time of his death.
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #6808 on: May 13, 2008, 10:00:49 am »

Then you must have been a very cute boy!

I was a very fat boy. ...  :P

However, I've seen your college picture. ...  ;)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #6809 on: May 13, 2008, 01:26:18 pm »
Good to hear you're home safe and sound Paul! I have a few pictures of Leuven that I will post later. Oh, and I need to go to Leuven to pick up my copy of The New Yorker!

I had a great time too Paul. Happy memories indeed.

We got back yesterday from a long weekend in London. That was great fun and WARM!! 77°F, sunscreen was needed. The kids really enjoyed it, the quirky London cabs, the changing of the Guards, the pubs with names like The Goat in Boots... :laugh:
I really like London, it's perfect for a weekend away and with the new highspeed rail link, it only takes 2 hours to get from Brussels to London.

I didn't realise it was only 2 hours!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/