Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4632094 times)

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #7090 on: June 21, 2008, 09:39:29 am »
Bonjour ce samedi !

Wow, wow, what two big balls he has !

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #7091 on: June 21, 2008, 12:31:35 pm »
Revised Maine weather report:

It has turned into a beautiful first day of summer. 80 degrees, blue skies with just a few clouds, a light breeze....perfect!

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #7092 on: June 21, 2008, 12:48:29 pm »
Well for the first time in as long as I can remember Matt. is not watching the soccer,England did not even qualify. He is watching the tennis chanel instead and this is a boy who lived for soccer.In fact he lived in soccer kit. Now since we moved to the states ,he is a tennis nut and will only watch soccer if England play.
I am quite happy as it saves the blood pressure as I watch England go so far, think they stand a chance, then watch them go out, yet again on a penalty shoot out.
We are having the most spectacular thunder storm here at the moment.The last clap wa so loud all the patio doors shook and I have 3 dogs all trying to get under the same sofa.
We will have these storms now for the next couple of months and they always surprise me.Should be used to them by now.They really are spectacular,and I quite like them, but my daughter is terrified, as soon as she hears the lightning siren go off she just starts to shake.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #7093 on: June 21, 2008, 05:17:40 pm »
Well Chrissi, the Netherlands just LOST!!

>:( >:( >:( >:(

So, I'll be cheering for Germany now!

GO GERMANY!!! :D

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #7094 on: June 22, 2008, 07:26:49 am »
Morning all,

62 degrees and a little foggy right now. But I am expecting another nice day like yesterday, once the fog burns off.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #7095 on: June 22, 2008, 07:34:30 am »
Well Chrissi, the Netherlands just LOST!!

>:( >:( >:( >:(

So, I'll be cheering for Germany now!

GO GERMANY!!! :D

I was also cheering for the Netherlands yesterday, at least at the beginning. But the Russians were definitively better, the Netherlands team seemed exhausted and did just not play good.

Today evening it's Spain vs. Italy. I'll cheer for the Spanish.
I'll get in trouble with myself next Wednsday ;). Germany will be playing against Turkey and I cheer for both teams :-\. We will be in Turkey by that time, which should make for an interesting evening :).

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #7096 on: June 22, 2008, 07:51:40 am »
Grande catasprophe today at our home. Our aquarium burst :o!!! 160 liter water flooded our kitchen and entry. Luckily, we were at home, so Hannah and I swept most of the water just outside with brooms and it couldn't spread too much, while Jens was trying to catch as much of the water, which was still pouring, out of the fish tank.

Even more important luck, the ground fault circuit interrupter stopped the power instantly. I don't even want to think what could have happened without it.

It was a huge mess, lots of work and now we have some buckets full of fish and vegetable standing in an outbuilding. We don't know anybody who has a fish tank and tomorrow we'll go on vacation for two weeks. I asked my sister-in-law to come and feed the fish while we're away, and then we'll just see how many will survive two weeks in a bucket. But I'm optimistic, we mostly have guppies, they are tough little guys and procreate like crazy.

So much for going to the public pool today. Instead we were quite busy with water in a different kind than we had imagined.  ::) :laugh:
But that's better than if it would have burst tomorrow, when we would have been away already.

Offline Artiste

« Reply #7097 on: June 22, 2008, 09:42:48 am »
Bonjour !!

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #7098 on: June 22, 2008, 04:21:35 pm »
Grande catasprophe today at our home. Our aquarium burst :o!!! 160 liter water flooded our kitchen and entry. Luckily, we were at home, so Hannah and I swept most of the water just outside with brooms and it couldn't spread too much, while Jens was trying to catch as much of the water, which was still pouring, out of the fish tank.

Even more important luck, the ground fault circuit interrupter stopped the power instantly. I don't even want to think what could have happened without it.

It was a huge mess, lots of work and now we have some buckets full of fish and vegetable standing in an outbuilding. We don't know anybody who has a fish tank and tomorrow we'll go on vacation for two weeks. I asked my sister-in-law to come and feed the fish while we're away, and then we'll just see how many will survive two weeks in a bucket. But I'm optimistic, we mostly have guppies, they are tough little guys and procreate like crazy.

So much for going to the public pool today. Instead we were quite busy with water in a different kind than we had imagined.  ::) :laugh:
But that's better than if it would have burst tomorrow, when we would have been away already.

Yikes!!! That does sound like a mess.   :o

And, you're right... it's so lucky it didn't happen while you're away on vacation.  Do you have any idea why it would have burst in the first place?

I'm glad that the fish were rescued and put in the buckets.  I would guess that guppies could survive pretty well that way. 

Well, following that wackiness... I hope you have a great vacation Bud!  :-*

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline oilgun

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #7099 on: June 22, 2008, 04:39:34 pm »
This is what a 160 looks like..

:o