Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4633752 times)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #7100 on: June 22, 2008, 04:56:19 pm »
Yikes!!! That does sound like a mess.   :o

It was.

Do you have any idea why it would have burst in the first place?

Nope, no idea. Nobody hit against it, nothing else happened. But it was old, more than 20 years old. Guess it was a hair-line crack (fissure?) that for whatever reason didn't hold anymore :-\.
All family members except me were in the garden, I sat at the computer and suddenly heard the strange noise (it was quite loud). Split-second later, the power went off. I went looking what was wrong and the water already came flooded towards me.

Well, following that wackiness... I hope you have a great vacation Bud!  :-*

Thank ya!  :-*

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #7101 on: June 22, 2008, 04:57:55 pm »
This is what a 160 looks like..

:o

Yup. Not too small .... lots and lots of water  :P

Offline Artiste

« Reply #7102 on: June 22, 2008, 08:20:54 pm »
Wow, c'est beau !

We have a much smaller one with 2 fishes.

It relaxes mother and I, and not only when we are stessed!

Plus, it cools down the temperature when the house is too hot !

Why do you like yours ?

Au revoir,
hugs!

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #7103 on: June 23, 2008, 03:58:35 am »
Chrissi, wow.  Glad you were home when it happened. 

I've thought about water before - that I love it so much, to swim, to shower, rain.  But it can be so awful in the wrong situation.  Have a beautiful time on vacation.  I can't believe it's been a year already since the last one!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #7104 on: June 23, 2008, 04:17:46 am »
Morning all,

66 degrees and dark outside. I am on my way to St. Louis and southern Illinois...how exciting.

I see on the news George Carlin has died...sad.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #7105 on: June 24, 2008, 07:55:30 am »
Morning all,

My widget tells me it is 63 degrees back home in Maine. Meanwhile, here in southern Illinois (land of malls and cornfields it seems) it is much warmer. Supposed to get up to 90 today....but I'll be stuck all day in a windowless conference room. Fun, fun, fun!

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #7106 on: June 24, 2008, 09:17:24 am »
All family members except me were in the garden, I sat at the computer and suddenly heard the strange noise (it was quite loud). Split-second later, the power went off. I went looking what was wrong and the water already came flooded towards me.

Reminds me of something that happened in my home when I was still a small boy. I wasn't feeling well, so my mother kept me home from school that day. When I was ill, she always bedded me down on the sofa in the living room so she could keep an eye on me and still go about her housework without having to run upstairs to my bedroom. This particular time, I was lying on the sofa, and Mother was downstairs in the basement laundry room taking some laundry out of the washing machine. All of a sudden I heard a clanging sort of crash and a splashing noise. I got off the sofa and ran to the top of the basement stairs and called down to ask my mother what had happened: The bottom had fallen out of the hot water heater! Apparently it had rusted through.  ::)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #7107 on: June 24, 2008, 10:08:19 am »
Morning all,

My widget tells me it is 63 degrees back home in Maine. Meanwhile, here in southern Illinois (land of malls and cornfields it seems) it is much warmer. Supposed to get up to 90 today....but I'll be stuck all day in a windowless conference room. Fun, fun, fun!

L

;D  ;D

Happy conferencing Leslie!  :)
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #7108 on: June 25, 2008, 08:09:23 am »
The conferencing was exactly as I expected. Locked up in the windowless conference room from 9 am to 4:30 pm. I managed to sneak out once to use the ladies room and that was my only break! Ack!

My son is sending me beautiful pictures of sunsets over Lake Winnepesaukee and I am stuck in the land of malls and cornfields. Note to self: do NOT move to southern Illinois.

My computer tells me is is 70 degrees at home. Here? Who knows. Who cares...LOL

L

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #7109 on: June 25, 2008, 11:06:34 am »
The conferencing was exactly as I expected. Locked up in the windowless conference room from 9 am to 4:30 pm. I managed to sneak out once to use the ladies room and that was my only break! Ack!

My son is sending me beautiful pictures of sunsets over Lake Winnepesaukee and I am stuck in the land of malls and cornfields. Note to self: do NOT move to southern Illinois.

My computer tells me is is 70 degrees at home. Here? Who knows. Who cares...LOL

L

Yikes!  Hang in there Bud.  The windowless room definitely sounds dreary.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie