Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4629977 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #7350 on: July 24, 2008, 09:38:58 am »
It's here, Jeff.

Power went out last night (while I was watching episode one of the old Brideshead, mind you). 

I woke up to an impending flood, as water was pouring into the back patio from the alley.  I got drenched to the bone shoveling gravel to divert the rain.  Ugh.

Then we've got something in common. Last evening I got drenched, at least to my underwear if not to the bone, coming home from the legacy fund board of directors' meeting. Serves me right for wearing underwear.  ;D Anyway, it was raining hard when I left the meeting, and about halfway home there was this ominous pause in the rain. The fund secretary, who was walking with me, said, "Oh, the rain is stopping!" I said, "Maybe it's just getting ready for something worse." It was. Within five minutes or so, the rain and wind let loose such that it was like getting hit with a blast from a fire hose. I took refuge under the awning of my old building until the hail stopped. ...

When I got back to my place, I stripped off my wet clothes just inside my front door. I was putting my clothes in the dryer when the fire alarm went off.  :P  I told myself, "This is a false alarm, the rain probably shorted something out in the garage," so I took my time, dried off, put on dry clothes, then went out into the fire tower--taking a book with me. I was out there for close to half an hour.

It was not a pleasant evening.  :-\

Oh, yes. You should search on eBay. I believe I've seen a replacement for your Big Jim camper--if you need to replace it.  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #7351 on: July 24, 2008, 10:26:27 am »
Oh, yes. You should search on eBay. I believe I've seen a replacement for your Big Jim camper--if you need to replace it.  ;D

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #7352 on: July 24, 2008, 11:20:13 am »

There are lots of listings on eBay for Big Jim and his accessories. I've even seen a listing for an action figure identified as Big Jim's buddy, Big Jeff.  ;D

I think I begin to understand Big Jim's real attraction: the dude had muscles for days. ...  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #7353 on: July 24, 2008, 11:32:54 am »
I think I begin to understand Big Jim's real attraction: the dude had muscles for days. ...  ;D

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #7354 on: July 24, 2008, 11:39:18 am »
and is this Big Jeff?

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #7355 on: July 24, 2008, 01:14:55 pm »
and is this Big Jeff?

The one I saw yesterday was not, er, that well tanned, but perhaps the seller got the name wrong.

But I did see other figures in those little bikini briefs.  ;D

Offline oilgun

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #7356 on: July 24, 2008, 02:22:14 pm »
and is this Big Jeff?

Man, I miss my G.I. Joe action figures!  I had a set of five first generation figures (10" inches of fun!): a couple of Americans, a Russian ally c/w with fur hat, a French resistance fighter in a big turtleneck and molded plastic beret and , if I'm not mistaken, a blonde German nazi.  I was so happy when they were introduced back in the sixties, I could finally play with dolls without guilt!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #7357 on: July 24, 2008, 02:38:54 pm »
Man, I miss my G.I. Joe action figures!  I had a set of five first generation figures (10" inches of fun!): a couple of Americans, a Russian ally c/w with fur hat, a French resistance fighter in a big turtleneck and molded plastic beret and , if I'm not mistaken, a blonde German nazi.  I was so happy when they were introduced back in the sixties, I could finally play with dolls without guilt!

Yikes! In pristine condition, I can't even begin to imagine what those first-generation G.I. Joes would be worth as collectibles. I only had one Joe, and I have no recollection of what became of him.  :-\

Offline oilgun

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #7358 on: July 24, 2008, 03:37:04 pm »
Yikes! In pristine condition, I can't even begin to imagine what those first-generation G.I. Joes would be worth as collectibles. I only had one Joe, and I have no recollection of what became of him.  :-\

I can just imagine! They were in excellent condition even though  I played with them quite a bit.  (We didn't keep the boxes in those days.)  A neighbour girl would come over with her Barbies and we'd play house.  G.I Joe would go off to war in the morning like it was a day job.  I even made clothes for my Joes, how gay is that!  I also had lots of accessories: a diving bell; a white arctic outfit c/w sled (I don't remember dogs though); a camouflage poncho;  I seem to remember a yellow inflatable dingy but maybe I' dreamt that... :laugh:

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #7359 on: July 24, 2008, 04:06:47 pm »
I can just imagine! They were in excellent condition even though  I played with them quite a bit.  (We didn't keep the boxes in those days.)  A neighbour girl would come over with her Barbies and we'd play house.  G.I Joe would go off to war in the morning like it was a day job.  I even made clothes for my Joes, how gay is that!  I also had lots of accessories: a diving bell; a white arctic outfit c/w sled (I don't remember dogs though); a camouflage poncho;  I seem to remember a yellow inflatable dingy but maybe I' dreamt that... :laugh:

Then maybe we're collectively hallucinating because I'm sure I remember the inflatable raft, too; some sort of commando thing, I believe. I remember the arctic suit, too.  :)