Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4632677 times)

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #8020 on: September 12, 2008, 10:45:47 am »
Bonjour... to all !

Since some have now rain up to their knees, better to still get out to safe areas... somehow be safe since such storm is inceasing !

Au revoir,
hugs!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #8021 on: September 12, 2008, 11:17:19 am »
God, how cute are they? :-* :-*

Let me at them! :laugh:

There was a huge close-up pic of Roger in The New Yorker a week or so ago--an add for Swiss watches. He has brown eyes. I love brown eyes. (Except when I love Jake's blue eyes. ...  ::) )
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #8022 on: September 12, 2008, 11:19:02 am »

OMG  Never mind thud I am flat on my back hyperventilating,. You absoloute star Jeff for posting those.

Thanks, but I can't take credit. It was Paul who posted the pics. I just fainted from the hotness of the two of them. ...  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #8023 on: September 12, 2008, 11:50:13 am »
I'm sure Leslie's sleeping, so, how's this, Fiona?

I was in such a dither, I thanked the wrong person. So sincere apologies. and THANKYOU  for the pics.

I never know whether I want to mother Nadal or throw myself at him,fat chance. He is talented, so sweet and humble about it all,killer accent and the way he ends all his answers with no? Not to mention the body of a greek god. As for Federer he is just a god of tennis and he he wasn't overlooked in the body and looks department either.
Perhaps you could find me some more pics.I know, some people are never satisfied, but the sight of those 2 this morning despite not playing for over 4 months,recession etc.I went on court this morning and played like a demon!!! I was doing passing shots,lobs, volleys.My coach actually passed comment and asked me what had been in my morning coffee.!!
I did not dare say a double dose of Federer and Nadal, he already thinks I am one sandwich short of a pic-nic !!!!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #8024 on: September 12, 2008, 12:02:55 pm »
What the heck is green rice, anyway? 

I think you're mistaken, Leslie.  That's not a sign for the special food at all.  Crevetten clearly is like cravat, so it's an ad for the nearby tie shop:

"Reasonable ties for spies (you know, like those skinny James Bond ties) by Daniel (the designer, of course) with a gem surprise (like a tie tack)." 

30,50 Francs?  I forgot Switzerland ain't in the Eurozone.  How much is a Swiss franc now?  Used to be about 50 cents a million years ago. 

I like that translation, Paul. Anyone else?

A Swiss franc is about a dollar so you are either buying a $30 tie or a $30 shrimp surprise.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline optom3

« Reply #8025 on: September 12, 2008, 12:11:40 pm »
Thanks, but I can't take credit. It was Paul who posted the pics. I just fainted from the hotness of the two of them. ...  ;D

I have ammende my post.
I was in such a dither,I got it all wrong,I have now thanked Paul.!!! I think I may be turning into a floozy,Heath, Nadal, and Federer.
I have not been this silly over any tennis player, since Borg hit the scene in the 70's and converted me to tennis for ever.I live in hope that my middle son will continue to do as well at his tennis as he is at the moment and maybe I will meet one or both of them.!!!!!

A girl has to have a dream to keep going.In the meantime I have printed out the pics and put them on the fridge next to Heath.

Offline optom3

« Reply #8026 on: September 12, 2008, 12:21:16 pm »
A few more of Roger and the crew. I realize these may not be thud-worthy pictures but hey! I saw him!

Is he as lovely in real life as he is on the screen.
You were so lucky to get to see him .It gives me goosebumps just thinking about it.Now if  you just happen by chance, on one of your trips to see Nadal, then I am really going to sulk!!!

Monica Seles lives in our community, she is just a few houses down from us.The only one allowed to have tennis courts in her yard. However to be frank.she just doesn't do it for me in the same way,Federer or Nadal do.Hubby quite likes her though.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #8027 on: September 12, 2008, 12:37:59 pm »
I never know whether I want to mother Nadal or throw myself at him,fat chance. He is talented, so sweet and humble about it all,killer accent and the way he ends all his answers with no? Not to mention the body of a greek god. As for Federer he is just a god of tennis and he he wasn't overlooked in the body and looks department either.

Either one would do quite nicely, but I must confess that neither quite does for me what Pete Sampras always did. ...

:o  Thud!

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #8028 on: September 12, 2008, 01:02:14 pm »
Let's play...what's on the menu, shall we? After seeing Roger, I stopped for a glass of wine at a cafe and this was the special for the evening.

After studying it for several minutes, I decided it says, "Fried shrimp with spices, Danieli-style, with tasty green rice."

Other guesses?

Hmm, I'll never come up with a better response than Paul's, so I'll just make a real guess based on rusty German:  Jumbo shrimp with bacon (or some meat) a la Danieli with vegetable rice?
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline optom3

« Reply #8029 on: September 12, 2008, 01:14:27 pm »
Either one would do quite nicely, but I must confess that neither quite does for me what Pete Sampras always did. ...

:o  Thud!

No, going to have to disagree with you on that one.Amazing tennis player, but could never quite get past the eyebrows.So hows about you have Sampras and I'll take Nadal and Federer, I wish !!!