Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4626082 times)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #8130 on: September 18, 2008, 11:19:03 am »
Good with his hands, is he?  ::)

He's good with his hands but numb as a hake...

(Sorry, couldn't resist!)
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #8131 on: September 18, 2008, 11:26:33 am »
Hi BetterMostians!  A quick progress report frim Arizona.  Mkaela and I had a very smooth flight to Phoenix (we had to leave my place at 4:30 am to catch an early flight!), connected with our friend Marie and drove up to Sedona.  We stopped along the way and saw some beautiful Sinagua Indian cliff dwellings.  The scenery is amazing, and when we drove into red rock country there was much gasping, oohing and ahhing.  Later we lucked out and found a wondeful Italian restaurant where the food was really delicious and the atmosphere utterly charming.  We conked out about 9:00, having had almost no sleep in 48 hours.

Today we head up through Flagstaff to the Grand Canyon.  Wish you were here!  8)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #8132 on: September 18, 2008, 11:30:49 am »
That sounds like a whole lot of fun Meryl! :D

And please tell Mikaela I said hey! :)

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #8133 on: September 18, 2008, 12:21:51 pm »
He's good with his hands but numb as a hake...

(Sorry, couldn't resist!)

Is that "Maine" for "dumb as a rake"?  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #8134 on: September 18, 2008, 02:31:16 pm »
Bananas, cheese, hot dogs and bacon! Don't forget the bacon, it is the piece de resistance! LOL

When it was described to me the day before (and the bacon was described as 'lard') I was really throwing up a little bit in my mouth. But I decided to be adventurous and planned on eating one and then ate two. Who knows, maybe I was starving. It wasn't bad, though. You might want to try it!

It must be one of those things where it sounds disgusting but all the flavors come together and compliment each other and it actually tastes good.

Sort of like dill pickles, grape jelly and chocolate. ;)

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #8135 on: September 18, 2008, 02:32:27 pm »

ehhhhhhh!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #8136 on: September 18, 2008, 02:58:58 pm »
Is that "Maine" for "dumb as a rake"?  ;D

Hahaha, I think so!
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #8137 on: September 18, 2008, 03:03:14 pm »
It must be one of those things where it sounds disgusting but all the flavors come together and compliment each other and it actually tastes good.

I think you are exactly right. Although to be honest, I can't picture myself going home and making "Toasts" anytime soon for the family. LOL

L

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #8138 on: September 18, 2008, 03:21:50 pm »

No, the only time that would sound good to me was years ago at about 6 months pregnant !!!! and it was dill pickles, which I usually hate, with vanilla icecream.That and play dough ???  and paper.
 No Can't give you a rational explanation I'm afraid. Funnily enough it never seemed to tempt my husband .James however did develop a liking for play dough which he did not grow out of until he was about 7.and still to this day eats paper.Oh the sins of the mother !!! I do make sure it's recycled though.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #8139 on: September 18, 2008, 03:26:51 pm »
No, the only time that would sound good to me was years ago at about 6 months pregnant !!!! and it was dill pickles, which I usually hate, with vanilla icecream.That and play dough ???  and paper.
 No Can't give you a rational explanation I'm afraid. Funnily enough it never seemed to tempt my husband .James however did develop a liking for play dough which he did not grow out of until he was about 7.and still to this day eats paper.Oh the sins of the mother !!! I do make sure it's recycled though.

James isn't the only one Fiona. I ate Play-Dough too when I was a kid. That and school paste. :P

And I was only kidding about the pickles, jelly and chocolate. I've never tried that before and it sounds terrible. I was just wondering what you all would say! :laugh: