Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4626063 times)

Online CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #8200 on: September 22, 2008, 10:09:41 am »
Hiya!

glad you fixed your comp!  I'm not sure what exactly happened, it sounds like everything was sideways.

:laugh:

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #8201 on: September 22, 2008, 10:48:55 am »
Hiya!

glad you fixed your comp!  I'm not sure what exactly happened, it sounds like everything was sideways.

It was, I don't know why the photo does not show up. Personally I think my computer was out on the lash last night, came home dead drunk, tripped over the dogs and landed sideways.

Online CellarDweller

« Reply #8202 on: September 22, 2008, 11:05:42 am »
 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Hey, you're about to hit a milestone, you're almost at 2,000 posts!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #8203 on: September 22, 2008, 02:52:40 pm »
That is SO cool, that Hannah is going to school with Hannah.  Can't wait to hear how it went for her.

that IS cool! Looking forward to hearing about it.. was big Hannah going as a teachers helper or something?
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #8204 on: September 23, 2008, 01:45:22 am »
Good morning BetterMost :)

We were quite busy yesterday, so here's the report how the school visit went:
Leslie's Hannah found the lessons boring (understandably), but the whole experience interesting. She went for the first four hours with my Hannah, then the last two hours with my niece who visits the same school.

My Hannah and her classmates started learning English only five or six weeks ago (she's in a class that started with French as first foreign language and recently has English as second foreign language). But the niece's class has already five years of learning English behind them and is closer in age to Leslie's Hannah. So I guess that was more interesting for Leslie's Hannah.

Oh, we found out that in the US, pupils don't have ink erasers :o.
Here the kids write with fountain pens and have ink earasers. Leslie's Hannah liked the idea of it and bought herself a set of it.

To give you an idea, here is such a set:

ink eraser and rewriter in one, fountain pen and cartridges:

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #8205 on: September 23, 2008, 03:27:11 am »
Hannah is enjoying her fountain pen and seems determined to use up all the ink at once! She has been doodling nonstop for hours!

7 degrees this morning and a little cloudy and overcast, but at least it is not raining. We are off for some castle sightseeing this morning.

More later,

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #8206 on: September 23, 2008, 03:28:40 am »
Good morning BetterMost :)

We were quite busy yesterday, so here's the report how the school visit went:
Leslie's Hannah found the lessons boring (understandably), but the whole experience interesting. She went for the first four hours with my Hannah, then the last two hours with my niece who visits the same school.

My Hannah and her classmates started learning English only five or six weeks ago (she's in a class that started with French as first foreign language and recently has English as second foreign language). But the niece's class has already five years of learning English behind them and is closer in age to Leslie's Hannah. So I guess that was more interesting for Leslie's Hannah.

Oh, we found out that in the US, pupils don't have ink erasers :o.
Here the kids write with fountain pens and have ink earasers. Leslie's Hannah liked the idea of it and bought herself a set of it.

To give you an idea, here is such a set:

ink eraser and rewriter in one, fountain pen and cartridges:

We don't have ink erasers here anymore? ???

We had them when I was in school. But they weren't on top of the pens. Some of the hand held erasers had both a pencil and pen eraser on it - pink on one side for the pensil, and white or silver on the other side for the ink. But you had to be very careful otherwise you'd tear a hole in your paper when you tried to erase off the ink. It was nearly as hard as stone!

I wonder what the kids do over here when they need to erase their mistakes written in ink? Please don't tell me they all carry a bottle of "white out" in their pockets! :laugh:

That would be so "American" wouldn't it? :laugh: ;D

I'm glad Hannah enjoyed German school Chrissi and Leslie. This will be something she will never forget and cherish for the rest of her life! :)

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #8207 on: September 23, 2008, 03:33:29 am »

I wonder what the kids do over here when they need to erase their mistakes written in ink? Please don't tell me they all carry a bottle of "white out" in their pockets! :laugh:

Hannah tells me she scribbles out the mistake and writes it again.

Writing in pen (or pencil) is for early drafts. Most finished products are typed on the computer and printed.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #8208 on: September 23, 2008, 03:37:57 am »
Hannah tells me she scribbles out the mistake and writes it again.

Writing in pen (or pencil) is for early drafts. Most finished products are typed on the computer and printed.

L

Do you remember those erasers Leslie? They were pink on one side for the pencil, and white or gray (or silver) on the other for the pen. They were a couple of inches long. I always had one of those vinyl zip up pencil cases and I kept mine in there.

You do remember those don't you? Or am I imagining things again? :laugh:

Did you make it to Castle Heidelburg (sp?) yesterday? :)
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Online CellarDweller

« Reply #8209 on: September 23, 2008, 08:13:06 am »
Good morning everyone!

They were pink on one side for the pencil, and white or gray (or silver) on the other for the pen. They were a couple of inches long. I always had one of those vinyl zip up pencil cases and I kept mine in there.

You do remember those don't you? Or am I imagining things again? :laugh:

David, I remember those erasers.  In fact, I have one now for when I do the crosswords at work during lunch.  And you're right, when you use the ink one, you have to be careful you don't go through the paper.