Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4632567 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #8210 on: September 23, 2008, 08:57:26 am »
You're kidding! You mean they don't make ink erasers anymore?  :o

And they still use fountain pens in Germany?  :o

I wonder whether they still make carbon paper?  ???
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #8212 on: September 23, 2008, 09:22:54 am »
We don't have ink erasers here anymore? ???

We had them when I was in school. But they weren't on top of the pens. Some of the hand held erasers had both a pencil and pen eraser on it - pink on one side for the pensil, and white or silver on the other side for the ink. But you had to be very careful otherwise you'd tear a hole in your paper when you tried to erase off the ink. It was nearly as hard as stone!

I wonder what the kids do over here when they need to erase their mistakes written in ink? Please don't tell me they all carry a bottle of "white out" in their pockets! :laugh:

That would be so "American" wouldn't it? :laugh: ;D

I'm glad Hannah enjoyed German school Chrissi and Leslie. This will be something she will never forget and cherish for the rest of her life! :)

I remember those pink and white erasers/rubbers. You could get them in dark grey and white as well and you are right,rub too hard and you ended up with a hole in the paper.
I got many a rap on the knuckles from the nuns for that. In fact I am so old I can remember slide rules and logarithm tables.

We wer the first year to be allowed to take calculators, into exams. I loved my first fountain pen,it was a Prker blue and silver !!!  Happy days, permanantly blue stained fingers though !!

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #8213 on: September 23, 2008, 09:32:18 am »

Congrats
to
Optom3
(Fiona)
On
Reaching
Posts!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #8214 on: September 23, 2008, 09:56:29 am »
Congrats
to
Optom3
(Fiona)
On
Reaching
Posts!

Thankyou kindly.I really need to get out more often !!!!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #8215 on: September 23, 2008, 11:42:14 am »
Yes, David, I remember those erasers. I think you can still buy them (although I haven't looked lately).

On Sunday, we went to Heidelburg. We didn't go into the castle, just saw it from a distance. We walked around the city, did lots of window shopping, and finished up the day with a walk along the Neckar River. It was very nice.

Yesterday, after Hannah got home from school, we went to Speyer and visited the Cathedral. It is very beautiful and different from the "typical" Cathedral. No flying buttresses holding it up! After that, more shopping (mostly window) along the main street.

Today we went to see Trifels Burg, an old castle on top of a mountain. Even though we could drive almost all the way up, to get to the castle still involved a hefty uphill hike of about 30 minutes. We were all huffing and puffing at the end! It was worth it though, the view was beautiful. Afterwards, we had lunch in Annweiler. Then I came home and collapsed and took a nap!

L

PS, Fiona, congrats on 2000 posts!
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #8216 on: September 23, 2008, 11:59:57 am »
But you had to be very careful otherwise you'd tear a hole in your paper when you tried to erase off the ink. It was nearly as hard as stone!

Hunh? No, that's not how our ink erasers work. They look like a white felttip pen and work similar to a felttip pen. You just go over the mistake, and the ink disappears magically (meaning chemically ;D). No rubbing, no tearing apart the paper.

And they still use fountain pens in Germany?  :o

Yes of course. They have to. Teachers say it makes a better handwriting than ballpens or whatever.
But of course students in higher classes write with what they like.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #8217 on: September 23, 2008, 12:36:02 pm »
Congrats Fiona!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #8218 on: September 23, 2008, 12:53:53 pm »
Oh, right. I forgot:

Congratulations on 2000 Fiona! :)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #8219 on: September 23, 2008, 02:32:22 pm »

Hunh? No, that's not how our ink erasers work. They look like a white felttip pen and work similar to a felttip pen. You just go over the mistake, and the ink disappears magically (meaning chemically ;D). No rubbing, no tearing apart the paper.

Oh, how cool!  :D

Yes of course. They have to. Teachers say it makes a better handwriting than ballpens or whatever.
But of course students in higher classes write with what they like.

So, now, are these like old-fashioned pens where you have to dip the pen in an inkwell, or do these pens have cartridges filled with ink that you put inside the pen? I've used pens like that for calligraphy.  :)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.