Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4632956 times)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #8220 on: September 23, 2008, 02:42:53 pm »
So, now, are these like old-fashioned pens where you have to dip the pen in an inkwell, or do these pens have cartridges filled with ink that you put inside the pen? I've used pens like that for calligraphy.  :)

They have cartridges. Hannah bought a set (kit) for 2 euros: pen, corrector pen, and a box of 5 cartridges. The pen is a regular fountain pen...not a fancy keepsake from Mont Blanc or anything, but I suspect I could find something similar at Staples, if I looked. I think the interesting difference is that the students here are required to use them and at home, I suspect that 99% of students have never touched a fountain pen!

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #8221 on: September 23, 2008, 06:23:43 pm »

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #8222 on: September 23, 2008, 11:19:14 pm »
When I was in grade school, I was required to write with a fountain pen.  It's tough, for a leftie.  Smear.....

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #8223 on: September 23, 2008, 11:44:57 pm »

Yup! That's what they looked like! I never used the pen (ink) side unless I had too, because I hated ripping holes in my paper. It was a bit like trying to clean a balloon with a scouring pad. I think those pens they are selling in Germany sound like a good idea. I wonder if they sell them here too, or if they ever will?

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #8224 on: September 24, 2008, 03:31:38 am »
Morning all,

10 degrees here and a bit cloudy this morning. The plan today is to head for Schwetzinger Palace which, fortunately, is not on top of a mountain! No more hiking for us, just walking. My feet say thanks for that...LOL

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #8225 on: September 24, 2008, 06:47:09 am »
Wow, Leslie, you are getting out and about aren't you?  :)

And LOL at the fountain pen discussion. It made me think of the 'why can't I move the showerhead' thread. Our kids use fountain pens (with cartridges) and corrector pens too. I agree that they do learn to write nicer that way. Plenty of time to use ordinary balpoints later.

'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #8226 on: September 24, 2008, 06:53:37 am »
And look!!!

Next Wednesday, Brokeback Mountain is on Belgian tv, for the first time!! At last.

There was a nice big picture in my tv/current affairs magazine. The movie got the highest score of 4 stars. It's described as 'a superb, sensitive drama with a sophisticated pace and devastatingly beautiful, subdues performances'.  :)

'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #8227 on: September 24, 2008, 09:04:40 am »
Yup! That's what they looked like! I never used the pen (ink) side unless I had too, because I hated ripping holes in my paper. It was a bit like trying to clean a balloon with a scouring pad. I think those pens they are selling in Germany sound like a good idea. I wonder if they sell them here too, or if they ever will?

We used to have "white-out pens" in our office supply room here at work, but I haven't seen any around lately. They were kind of neat--easier to use than a brush and a bottle.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #8228 on: September 24, 2008, 09:19:50 am »
I don't think I've ever written with a fountain pen. 

People can barely read what I write now with ballpoint, I can't even imagine the mess I'd make with a fountain pen.

:laugh:

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #8229 on: September 24, 2008, 09:20:31 am »
It was a bit like trying to clean a balloon with a scouring pad.

:laugh:

That's a very good analogy!