Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4632519 times)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #8410 on: October 15, 2008, 08:24:38 am »
Glad you and Hannah made it home safely.

We sure had fun, didn't we?  Lisa and I stayed late, flirting with the bartender, and perusing the "Jake Scrapbook". 

Thanks for a great time!

Oh, fun...I'll have to plan another visit to see the scrapbook!

Somehow I had it in my head that the restaurant was "outside of Boston" and thus would be a shorter drive (for me)...but I messed up by not realizing that it was about 134 yards "outside of Boston." hahahaha....well, at least I didn't have to drive in the heart of the city.

We made good time getting home. No traffic at that hour (although I did see a few state troopers. I guess this is the strategy for balancing the budget in a down economy...speeding tickets!). I was home and tucked safely in my own little bed by midnight. No pumpkin for me!

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Online Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #8411 on: October 15, 2008, 09:08:38 am »
Morning all,

Sunny and blue sky. 45 degrees right now.

Mid-sixties down here this morning. Didn't even wear a jacket to work.  :-\
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #8412 on: October 15, 2008, 09:39:16 am »
So good to hear of your rendezvous with friends Paul, Lisa, and Pete. I've been wishing you could all get together for a long time! Offline Chuck, Adam, and me will be heading out to visit Pete in a little over a week! Yes, we will connect with Mount Washington again. I hope to God the cog railway will still be running, although I doubt it. All our mountainclimbing gear has already arrived in New England. Me, I'm setting my sights on conquering neighboring Mount Mousilauke!!

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Online Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #8413 on: October 15, 2008, 09:43:50 am »
So good to hear of your rendezvous with friends Paul, Lisa, and Pete. I've been wishing you could all get together for a long time! Offline Chuck, Adam, and me will be heading out to visit Pete in a little over a week! Yes, we will connect with Mount Washington again. I hope to God the cog railway will still be running, although I doubt it. All our mountainclimbing gear has already arrived in New England. Me, I'm setting my sights on conquering neighboring Mount Mousilauke!!

And in a little over a week, I'm heading back to Provincetown for a long weekend.  :D

October is a good month for travel.  :)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Artiste

« Reply #8414 on: October 15, 2008, 09:59:06 am »
Bonjour to all !

Jeff, isn't with September, October a great month to travel ?

On my last 4 days trip start of this October, scenes along the road were so surprisingly beautiful with many trees having changed colours... from Montreal to returning to California.

You want some pics of like those ?

Au revoir,
hugs!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #8415 on: October 15, 2008, 10:02:18 am »

At dinner, Pete told us that Adam has climbed Mt. Washington 67 times! His favorite climbing weather is below zero temps, wind chills of -140 and wind gusts of up to 140 mph.

I said, "He can have it. My idea of a Brokie get together is dinner with friends in a nice warm restaurant!" LOL

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #8416 on: October 15, 2008, 10:18:32 am »
I sometimes miss the changing seasons of England. Spring flowers and autumn leaves. Then I remember how stiff my fingers were and how much pain medication I was on and just sigh.

I hope when this recession ends, if ever and we have some money again, that we will be able to visit other states to see the diffrenet seasons. I have come to see you cannot of course have everything. I don't want to live in the cold again, but I would like to be able to experience in short bursts, other seasons.

In the meantime I will live it vicariously from other peoples posts and photos. !!!

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #8417 on: October 15, 2008, 11:01:45 am »
Paul, Leslie, Pete, Lisa and a nice, warm restaurant: Now that's a great Brokie get-together!  The good times keep rolling, almost 3 years since the movie opened.  Ennis was right, there's no reins on this one.  8)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #8418 on: October 15, 2008, 11:02:18 am »
I said, "He can have it. My idea of a Brokie get together is dinner with friends in a nice warm restaurant!" LOL

I knew there was a reason we make good visiting/sightseeing partners :).
"Mount Trifels" was enough for us, wasn't it? ;D

Glad to hear y'all had a great evening together. Ain't nothing like Brokie meetings!

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #8419 on: October 15, 2008, 11:03:05 am »
Ennis was right, there's no reins on this one.  8)

You bet!