Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4637976 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #8540 on: October 26, 2008, 03:29:23 am »
Hey, wassup here Brokies? No weather in Maine? No milestones? No nothing?

Did ya all fall asleep? Ah, I think I might have a clue: you're all having great, great weekends, full of fun activities. I'm the only one left, with my booooooring pathetic weekend. *sniff*

Well, my weekend is not great, but also not boring to be honest. Wish it was, kind of. Some bigger power must have decided this is the weekend I need more kids than the three I already have. Saturday morning began with five kids in the house, then there was a school festivity with my middle child performing on stage (plus a hundred of other kids, lol). And today I have to take care of a friend's kid all day. The bad thing is that this boy and my middle child hate, hate, hate each other. My house will be warzone today. :P
Guess I'll take them to the zoo or sumpthn, get 'em an icecream...

Wish me luck ;)

Nope! I'm still here Chrissi! It's really quiet here tonight/this morning, isn't it?

It's currently 40 F here in central Indiana under partly cloudy skies. They are talking about possible snow flurries here next week! Yuck.

I'm just sitting here with my dog and cat. My roommate is still at work but he should be home soon. I picked my niece and her new husband up at the airport earlier today. They just got back from a cruise to the Bahamas. The flight was over an hour late, and she wrote down the wrong flight number! So that was ALMOST interesting. I caught the mistake before I left for the airport. I'm glad I did, otherwise I would have been very confused looking for a flight that didn't exist! :-\

Good luck with the kiddies today Chrissi!

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #8541 on: October 26, 2008, 09:27:05 am »
Morning all,

32 degrees and it feels chilly this morning! Clear blue sky and a beautiful sunrise.

In washing machine news, I went with a front loader stackable pair from Sears -- Kenmore brand, made by Frigidaire. They get delivered on Saturday. That's the big excitement in our world!

L

Hey Leslie,
how's the washing machine doing? Tried it yet? I know washing machine aren't a very exciting topic. But just image having to do the washing like poor Alma.  :o

'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #8542 on: October 26, 2008, 09:30:03 am »
Hey, wassup here Brokies? No weather in Maine? No milestones? No nothing?

Did ya all fall asleep? Ah, I think I might have a clue: you're all having great, great weekends, full of fun activities. I'm the only one left, with my booooooring pathetic weekend. *sniff*

Well, my weekend is not great, but also not boring to be honest. Wish it was, kind of. Some bigger power must have decided this is the weekend I need more kids than the three I already have. Saturday morning began with five kids in the house, then there was a school festivity with my middle child performing on stage (plus a hundred of other kids, lol). And today I have to take care of a friend's kid all day. The bad thing is that this boy and my middle child hate, hate, hate each other. My house will be warzone today. :P
Guess I'll take them to the zoo or sumpthn, get 'em an icecream...

Wish me luck ;)

Awww, good luck entangling them shilean sheep the kiddies.

It's a quiet sunday afternoon here too. I spent the whole morning at the stables. I should do laundry next. *sigh* I think I'm going to bake pancakes instead. Laundry can wait!
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #8543 on: October 26, 2008, 09:44:13 am »
Morning all,

It's 57 degrees here and cloudy. We had pouring rain and wind overnight. I said to myself, "It sounds like October." All the wind and rustling leaves -- leaves blowing off the trees, that is! They are not completely bare but the pretty foliage is more or less over.

In washing machine news...the machines didn't get delivered yesterday. Apparently they got scratched on the truck yesterday so they had to go back and get a new pair! New delivery time...sometime this morning. I'm sitting here patiently waiting.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #8544 on: October 26, 2008, 11:34:41 am »
Turned out I was indeed lucky and was spared from spending my Sunday in a warzone. The boy I should have looked after threw a fit about having to spend the day with my daughter and managed to cajole his father into finding another solution.
Instead, I'm having a lazy day. Got some laundry to do now though. But thankfully not Alma style. ;D

from Leslie:
...sometime this morning. I'm sitting here patiently waiting.

:o It's Sunday! :o You crazy Americans ;)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #8545 on: October 26, 2008, 11:49:04 am »

:o It's Sunday! :o You crazy Americans ;)

Hahahaha, yes. I was surprised with the Sunday delivery but since they screwed up, I guess they figured they needed to make it right.

The washer and dryer are here now and installed. They seem to be working fine! We'll see how clean the clothes are after the first load is done.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #8546 on: October 26, 2008, 12:22:46 pm »
The washer and dryer are here now and installed. They seem to be working fine! We'll see how clean the clothes are after the first load is done.

Hoooray for Leslie's new washer and dryer!

(...and with this, I log off and finally pay my own washer and dryer a visit. They've been waiting for me for a while now. *sigh*)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #8547 on: October 26, 2008, 12:23:31 pm »
So now I am in a really, really bad mood...

The dryer installation guys left this cord hanging in front of the dryer. I didn't quibble about it when they left, figuring it was just a matter of lifting up the cord and moving it. Well, when my husband did just that, the whole dryer came unplugged! The washer/dryer are stacked and squeezed into this closet that is a "tight as a glove" fit so it's not a simple matter of just reaching behind and plugging in the stupid thing. Grrr....

Of course, my husband wants to take the whole thing out (himself) to plug the dryer in. I am insisting that the delivery people come back and finish the job they didn't do right. Sears is telling me that can't come back today! After I gave them a piece of my mind about THAT response, they said they'd call me back in an hour or two and see if they could get an installation team back here this afternoon.

I have steam coming out of my ears as you can imagine....

L   >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #8548 on: October 26, 2008, 07:00:03 pm »
Steam out of ears update....

Sears never called back. After 4 hours, I called them again and once again, they promised an immediate re-callback. It is now 7 pm (3 hours after the second call) and no one has called.

Meanwhile, handy husband did pull out the washer and dryer in order to replug in the dryer. In doing so he found: 1) the vent had not been properly attached. It probably would have fallen off after two or three loads. 2) a big piece of rubber was in the dryer vent (???); 3) they had left a page of instructions between the washer and dryer when they stacked them together (!).

On top of all this, they weren't the most professional or courteous installation guys to begin with. My husband had pulled out the old machines and put them in our shed and cleaned out the closet where the new pair would be installed. I had to deal with comments like, (looking at the old machines), "We are supposed to haul away old appliances, not scrap metal." Looking at the closet, "If we can't fit in there, we're not required to do the installation."

So, my wise Bettermost friends and dear 1000+ post club members, how exactly do I deal with this? What is the appropriate way to convey my dissatisfaction about this entire experience to Sears? (Remember, I rearranged my schedule for yesterday to be home in the afternoon and receive delivery, which did not happen because they damaged the machines.)

Thanks in advance,

L

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #8549 on: October 26, 2008, 07:19:45 pm »
God, what a mess Leslie. I feel for you. :(

I've never been a big fan of Sears. Generally when I shop for appliances I go to Best Buy or HH Gregg. Maybe after giving them a piece of your mind tomorrow, you could write a scathing review and send it to your local newspaper. It may help you feel better and save others from going through a similar experience.

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.