Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4629698 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #8890 on: December 02, 2008, 09:45:38 am »
Hiya everyone!   Hope y'all are well!

It was a clear sky last night, and I was able to see the "display" very clearly!   ;D

"Rocking horse moon".  Never heard that term before, Paul, but I like it!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #8891 on: December 02, 2008, 09:46:07 am »
Another boneless blue morning in Philadelphia. Temp. 38 F when I left home this morning.

I couldn't see the planetary conjunction either last night. We had clouds off and on, and even a couple of rain showers, but at times I could see the moon but not the planets. Maybe it was already too late when I looked at the moon. Last week, while I was up at my dad's for Thanksgiving, we could see Venus and Jupiter every evening just after sunset. On Thanksgiving evening Dad remarked about the "two bright stars," but I said I thought they had to be planets. Just after sunset they were always in the same position in the sky, and in the same position relative to each other, and very bright.  :)

Of course it reminded me of, "We have seen his star in the east. ..."
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Artiste

« Reply #8892 on: December 02, 2008, 09:57:02 am »
Good to wake up... to warmth !

Online Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #8893 on: December 02, 2008, 11:08:36 am »
Good a.m. everyone! Hope you're feeling better now, Chrissi! We can not go without your smile, even one day!!

I saw the stars and moon while driving home. Thought they were awfully pretty, but didn't know about the alignment thing. Then, happyatlast texted me and told me about it, so I went outside to look again, but the moon and stars had slipped below the horizon.

It will be 60 degrees here today!!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #8894 on: December 02, 2008, 11:25:10 am »
Good a.m. everyone! Hope you're feeling better now, Chrissi! We can not go without your smile, even one day!!

Not really better. But since it doesn't hurt much I've decided to wait until tomorrow.
And of course I can't manage a day whithout smiling. That's just not me. So my chipmunk-self smiles lopsided and the kids have their fun.

I saw the stars and moon while driving home. Thought they were awfully pretty, but didn't know about the alignment thing. Then, happyatlast texted me and told me about it, so I went outside to look again, but the moon and stars had slipped below the horizon.

It will be 60 degrees here today!!

I haven't heard anything about it. Maybe it was only visible in North America?

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #8895 on: December 02, 2008, 05:32:03 pm »
Aw, Chrissi, that's a GDBOAUS!   Here's a nice glass of nut brown ale to relax with.  Your chipmunk side will appreciate it!  ;)

Today I bought knee socks and was happy to find a nice stripey pair to make me think of Heath.   8)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Online Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #8896 on: December 02, 2008, 06:20:11 pm »
Aw, Chrissi, that's a GDBOAUS!   Here's a nice glass of nut brown ale to relax with. 

Did you read the lyrics to John Barleycorn Must Die over on the Thanksgiving Symbolism thread????

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #8897 on: December 02, 2008, 06:43:54 pm »
Did you read the lyrics to John Barleycorn Must Die over on the Thanksgiving Symbolism thread????

Yes, Lee, but only after I posted this.  Serendipity!  8)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #8898 on: December 03, 2008, 08:25:19 am »
Morning all,

20 degrees and very frosty this morning. I didn't get to see the planets...I had to work late and by the time I got home, they were gone. Oh well, I'll just have to wait another 950 years, according to the astronomers. LOL

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #8899 on: December 03, 2008, 08:33:10 am »
Aw, Chrissi, that's a GDBOAUS!   Here's a nice glass of nut brown ale to relax with.  Your chipmunk side will appreciate it!  ;)

Today I bought knee socks and was happy to find a nice stripey pair to make me think of Heath.   8)

GDBOAUS for sure, since it still isn't better (but also not worse).
Beer is not the drug of my choice, I'm afraid. I have a nice, sweet tasting liqueur made of apricots which I had planned to drink yesterday evening. But then I simply forgot it ::). Guess alcohol at large is not the drug of my choice :laugh:.

Yay for your stripey Heath socks :D