Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4625983 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #9460 on: February 11, 2009, 11:32:42 am »

Yes, today in Pittsburgh it feels very spring-like.  The warm temps and rain/humidity, though, also feel wrong given the time of year.  I'm not surprised strong storms are coming.

Global warming. ...  8)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #9461 on: February 11, 2009, 01:20:02 pm »
I have the weirdest thing happening here right now. Within the last hour, I had about 12 phone calls from a family named Springmann, and for a a family named Springmann.
They live in the neighbouring village and have the same area code, but a totally different numer (landline).

First, it was Mr. Springmann, calling me three times. He wanted to call his own home to tell his wife he's on his way home now. The first two times he thought he had dialed the wrong number. The third time he looked on the display and had indeed called the correct number - but still my phone rang! :o

He said he would give up then. Next a woman called two times. Then another Mr. Springmann called; an older voice than the first Mr. Springmann. The father. He called from Austria and wanted to talk to his son. He tried it four times, but every time he got me on the phone!

Then the phone rang three more times, but I didn't take it and left it to the answering machine. I guess those were more calls for/from the Springmann family.

We got curios and dialed our own number from the cellphone.: "The number you have called is not available"  :o

It looks that at the moment, I have Springmann's number and my own number is somewhere in number's nirvana.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #9462 on: February 11, 2009, 01:47:30 pm »
I have the weirdest thing happening here right now. Within the last hour, I had about 12 phone calls from a family named Springmann, and for a a family named Springmann.
They live in the neighbouring village and have the same area code, but a totally different numer (landline).

First, it was Mr. Springmann, calling me three times. He wanted to call his own home to tell his wife he's on his way home now. The first two times he thought he had dialed the wrong number. The third time he looked on the display and had indeed called the correct number - but still my phone rang! :o

He said he would give up then. Next a woman called two times. Then another Mr. Springmann called; an older voice than the first Mr. Springmann. The father. He called from Austria and wanted to talk to his son. He tried it four times, but every time he got me on the phone!

Then the phone rang three more times, but I didn't take it and left it to the answering machine. I guess those were more calls for/from the Springmann family.

We got curios and dialed our own number from the cellphone.: "The number you have called is not available"  :o

It looks that at the moment, I have Springmann's number and my own number is somewhere in number's nirvana.

Hunh!  That is quite a puzzling situation.  I hope it all gets worked out soon!  What a pain!

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #9463 on: February 11, 2009, 02:19:52 pm »

Hmmm.  Sunspots?  Full moon?  Springmann fever?  ;D
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #9464 on: February 11, 2009, 02:23:13 pm »
Hmmm.  Sunspots?  Full moon?  Springmann fever?  ;D

Poltergeists.  8)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #9465 on: February 11, 2009, 04:27:12 pm »
Who knows? Our number is still not available. Meanwhile it's late, otherwise I'd try Springmann's number, to see myself where the connection goes to (I've looked up the Spingmann number).

Hunh!  That is quite a puzzling situation.  I hope it all gets worked out soon!  What a pain!

Acutally, it wasn't a pain, but instead so much fun!
The first five times I was on the phone, the sixth time I let my husband take it. Next thing I hear him say is "Oh, you must be Mr. Springmann. I'll hand the phone to my wife, you've already talked to her a few times."
Then he handed me the phone - and it was a very confused Mr. Springmann senior, who had of course NOT previously talked to me at this point :laugh:.
The poor man didn't know who we are or why we knew that he was Mr. Springmann! Hubby and I are still laughing about the situation.

And Mr. Springmann junior is actually very nice to talk to. He and I were a bit confused, but laughed about it together. I like people who laugh easily.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #9466 on: February 11, 2009, 04:46:13 pm »
Acutally, it wasn't a pain, but instead so much fun!
The first five times I was on the phone, the sixth time I let my husband take it. Next thing I hear him say is "Oh, you must be Mr. Springmann. I'll hand the phone to my wife, you've already talked to her a few times."
Then he handed me the phone - and it was a very confused Mr. Springmann senior, who had of course NOT previously talked to me at this point :laugh:.
The poor man didn't know who we are or why we knew that he was Mr. Springmann! Hubby and I are still laughing about the situation.

Sounds like something out of a Marx Brothers movie.  ;D

But I still suspect a poltergeist.  8)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #9467 on: February 12, 2009, 10:11:48 am »
Good morning. Temp. was 55 F when I left home this morning, but very, very windy. Some sunshine, though.  :)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #9468 on: February 12, 2009, 11:57:50 am »
Sounds like something out of a Marx Brothers movie.  ;D

The Marx Brothers are not well-known here. I know I've seen a movie with them, but can't remember anything of it.
But it sure was surreal and fun.

But I still suspect a poltergeist.  8)

The phone failure lasted until ten minutes ago. I called the service department this morning and ten mins ago someone called me back, saying he has repaired it. Yay!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #9469 on: February 12, 2009, 12:06:33 pm »
The phone failure lasted until ten minutes ago. I called the service department this morning and ten mins ago someone called me back, saying he has repaired it. Yay!

If I were you I wouldn't cheer until a day passes without a call for any of the Springmanns.  ;D