Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4626281 times)

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #10100 on: July 13, 2009, 12:24:22 pm »
Where does he want to go to school? I didn't know they gave athletic scholarships to cyclists.

I didn't know that either.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #10101 on: July 13, 2009, 12:32:11 pm »
University of Colorado at Boulder. I understand there are cycling scholarships for their world-class team, but very few. However, he did just win a medal for the Cheyenne Canyon race last weekend, so perhaps there's hope. He's also landed a good job at the best cycling store in town (otherwise that bicycle would have cost me $7,000!!).
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #10102 on: July 13, 2009, 12:33:59 pm »
University of Colorado at Boulder. I understand there are cycling scholarships for their world-class team, but very few. However, he did just win a medal for the Cheyenne Canyon race last weekend, so perhaps there's hope. He's also landed a good job at the best cycling store in town (otherwise that bicycle would have cost me $7,000!!).

You could be the mother of the next Lance Armstrong!  :D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #10103 on: July 13, 2009, 02:25:49 pm »
(otherwise that bicycle would have cost me $7,000!!).

7000?  :o
Does this bicycle have a hidden motor or what? ;)

You son sure is ambigious. Wishing him (and you!) luck that he'll get one of those scholarships.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #10104 on: July 14, 2009, 09:14:01 am »

Happy Bastille Day Friends! 8)

We're actually having some Bastille Day celebrations here at the museum later this evening.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #10105 on: July 14, 2009, 02:18:33 pm »
enjoy!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #10106 on: July 15, 2009, 04:15:41 am »
Whew, I'm just catching up on several pages.  Happy milestones to our wonderful Paul, Roux, and Monika.  Glad the bomb scare was a hoax, Chrissi.  The word "monkeyshines" is a) lighthearted and silly, and b) pretty out-dated.  But cute.  And always with an S at the end.

Chrissi, I have a similar "bad mommy" moment to share.  Mini-Meno, about two years ago, started attending a gymnastics class once a week.  Many of the parents would drop their children at the class, and then leave, coming back at the end to pick their child up.  But, Mini-Meno wasn't ready for me to leave for a few weeks, so I stayed.  Finally, the week came when she said, "Mom, I'm ready for you to go."  So I went to a coffee place down the street, and I probably took my laptop, and spent my hour on BetterMost.  I walked back in time to pick her up.  To my horror, I discovered that it was "Show Day," when all the parents are invited into the class to watch their children perform what they had been learning.  Mini-Meno was the only child in the class with no grown-up there watching and cheering her.  I feel like shit all over again remembering this.  She's been at the same gymnastics school for nearly two years, and believe me I've been at every end of the term Show Day since.

Interestingly - I came to realize that for some reason, I don't think she realized that she was the only kid there without a parent there.  She was four at the time, and somehow didn't seem upset.  But ugh, I was.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #10107 on: July 15, 2009, 08:33:06 am »
A boneless blue morning in Philadelphia.

Since I returned from Denver, we've been having a Most Extraordinary July. Temperatures have been moderate for July, and the humidity has been low. Trust me, I'm not complaining, but it is unusual.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #10108 on: July 15, 2009, 09:06:55 am »
same here Jeff.

Usually in NJ by this time we've had more than a few days with temps over 90, and humid.

So far this year, I don't think we've had any day over the low 80s.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #10109 on: July 16, 2009, 08:39:56 am »
Weather's changing. Ver' humid this morning.  :(