Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3153466 times)

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #9270 on: April 29, 2007, 11:05:42 am »
 :D  - Thank You x 5!

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #9271 on: April 29, 2007, 11:12:04 am »
:D  - Thank You x 5!

Marie

My...our...pleasure!

Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #9272 on: April 29, 2007, 11:37:10 am »
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #9273 on: April 30, 2007, 11:01:27 am »
Chapter 20 is up for the friends group...

http://louisev.livejournal.com/7581.html

Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #9274 on: April 30, 2007, 11:38:47 am »
And here is Chapter 21, friends!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/7884.html

Leslie

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #9275 on: April 30, 2007, 01:53:42 pm »
I think people are aware that I am in possession of a number of important artifacts from Taking Chances and its sequels, including the "To my one and only true love" card that was tucked in the roses and Ellery's business card. Well, I have just come into possession of Ellery's "little dress" (his silk robe). For those who care about details, it has a little bit of leopard skin print trim on the pocket. Whoo-eee! If you all sweet talk me enough, I might be persuaded to take a picture of it and post here. Unfortunately, Ellery won't be in it because he is wearing a "new woolly robe" given to him by Colson which "does not show all the way to France." Too bad....

Leslie
Prop mistress and archivist, on a good day

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #9276 on: April 30, 2007, 06:01:41 pm »
I think people are aware that I am in possession of a number of important artifacts from Taking Chances and its sequels, including the "To my one and only true love" card that was tucked in the roses and Ellery's business card. Well, I have just come into possession of Ellery's "little dress" (his silk robe). For those who care about details, it has a little bit of leopard skin print trim on the pocket. Whoo-eee! If you all sweet talk me enough, I might be persuaded to take a picture of it and post here. Unfortunately, Ellery won't be in it because he is wearing a "new woolly robe" given to him by Colson which "does not show all the way to France." Too bad....

Leslie
Prop mistress and archivist, on a good day   

Care about details?  As in obsessed with minutiae?  I do believe you're singing my song, my Royal Highness, Queen of Schmoop, fantastic fic writer, magnificent mod (let me know if you need more sweet nothings - I'll be happy to oblige   ;)

Your loyal subject,
Marie

P.S. Not even a wooly robe that doesn't show all the way to France can diminish Ellery's Squeeworthiness! 
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #9277 on: May 01, 2007, 03:14:34 am »

P.S. Not even a wooly robe that doesn't show all the way to France can diminish Ellery's Squeeworthiness! 

:laugh:  :laugh:

You're right of course Marie. Although 'all the way to France' certainly has its good points  8)

« Last Edit: May 01, 2007, 06:51:32 am by belbbmfan »
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #9278 on: May 01, 2007, 05:28:12 am »
There are other things Ellery wears that show all the way to France though.

Something to keep in mind.

By the way I have not got a lot of feedback on the most recent chapters and how people feel about the subtle but nonetheless important additions to Colson's inner dialogue.

Any ... thoughts?
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #9279 on: May 01, 2007, 07:45:13 am »
Everyone,

We have an important anniversary coming up on Thursday, May 3rd...that is the day, one year ago, that Louise began writing "Taking Chances." In her original vision it was going to be a short story, detailing the visit of a rural gay man to a discreet "men's club" in the city. One million words later...

I'd like to have some sort of celebration. Thoughts?

Leslie