Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3107939 times)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #6170 on: November 03, 2006, 07:32:49 pm »
I was quoting Ricardo Montalban in his Chevrolet commercial (or whatever car it was.)
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline laurel

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Heath, we'll never forget you.
« Reply #6171 on: November 03, 2006, 07:34:21 pm »
Louise, I like the catsuit, too.  And I did notice that there is a, shall we say, creative use of light and shadow?! ;D
I do have to agree with the others, though, who prefer long-haired Hugh.  Maybe what we need (hint hint to Lucise, please!) is for our talented artist in residence to put long-haired Hugh/Ellery's head on top of the catsuited body!  Now, that would be something that I think would NEVER fade!  Or, wait, maybe the leather pants part of the catsuit, with the very nice package, but a bare chest, and Ellery's beautiful Rapunzel hair.  OMG, I have to leave now before I put any more drool on the keyboard!
What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close, the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger.   -Annie Proulx (Icon by alighttofollow)

Offline Kazza

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #6172 on: November 03, 2006, 07:36:03 pm »
Does nobody else care about Lorenzo?

Karen

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #6173 on: November 03, 2006, 07:40:21 pm »
Update to "The Red Stallion"

http://louisev.livejournal.com/144048.html  "Chapter 72:  An Old Injury"

Spoiler...

Louise asked a question on LJ.  I can't post comments there since I don't have an LJ account.

I remembered that Ellery met a teenage boy at Mel's office that reminded him of someone he knew (don't remember the chapter though).  I always wonder if you will ever follow up on that lead.  Is this the boy that Ennis caught?

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #6174 on: November 03, 2006, 07:41:48 pm »
Louise, I like the catsuit, too.  And I did notice that there is a, shall we say, creative use of light and shadow?! ;D
I do have to agree with the others, though, who prefer long-haired Hugh.  Maybe what we need (hint hint to Lucise, please!) is for our talented artist in residence to put long-haired Hugh/Ellery's head on top of the catsuited body!  Now, that would be something that I think would NEVER fade!  Or, wait, maybe the leather pants part of the catsuit, with the very nice package, but a bare chest, and Ellery's beautiful Rapunzel hair.  OMG, I have to leave now before I put any more drool on the keyboard!

Laurel, in the Hugh Hugh Hugh thread is long-haired Hugh in full length black leather pants.  I think that might suit you!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #6175 on: November 03, 2006, 07:42:49 pm »
Spoiler...

Louise asked a question on LJ.  I can't post comments there since I don't have an LJ account.

I remembered that Ellery met a teenage boy at Mel's office that reminded him of someone he knew (don't remember the chapter though).  I always wonder if you will ever follow up on that lead.  Is this the boy that Ennis caught?

Jenny, you hit the nail on the head!  Excellent!

"Larry Esteban" is Larry in Mel's office, yes!

Offline Kazza

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #6176 on: November 03, 2006, 07:43:35 pm »
Spoiler...

Wow... you have got a good memory. I don't recall that bit. Then again, my rock 'n' roll lifestyle is taking it's toll on my brain cells.

Karen

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #6177 on: November 03, 2006, 07:44:48 pm »

Believe me, I am very proud of myself on this.   ;D

yb

« Reply #6178 on: November 03, 2006, 07:46:57 pm »

Oh, that one.  I just re-read that part not long ago, I just found the name Larry vaguely familiar but didn't make the connection.

Wow!  Jenny, very very good memory.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #6179 on: November 03, 2006, 07:48:30 pm »

Just because I can - Long-haired Hugh in black leather pants!