Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3107676 times)

Offline Bigheart

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #6340 on: November 06, 2006, 09:30:18 am »
I am quite sure that if Jeeves gets Dupree to bed, things will get very hard for him... [looks innocent]

Oh, did you mean "difficult" ???...oh, well, yeah, that too.... ;D

Ok, ok, going back to work before Angry Boss Man asks why I am giggling hysterically

Heeee! OH God you crack me up!  ;D

*giggles hysterically too*

yb

« Reply #6341 on: November 06, 2006, 09:33:38 am »
SPOILER

I have to be honest, I haven't picked up on any attraction between Ennis and Dupree, but perhaps I'e not been very perceptive (or my memory is letting me down again). Ennis may have subconsciously admired Dupree's looks, but I don't for one moment believe that he has entertained any ideas about doing anything about it.

I don't think there's any special feeling from Ennis to Dupree.  But what I'm not sure is Dupree's feeling to Ennis; but as I said, there's every chance that I may be wrong and I'll be happy to be wrong.

Offline NavyVet

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Harm/Tony - My fav rare pair
« Reply #6342 on: November 06, 2006, 10:04:24 am »
June, you are absolutely right about that.  In fact - I'm not even sure it would happen in their dreams.  Okay - maybe it would happen in Wayne's dreams...!

;)    ;)   As far as my dreams go:  ALREADY THERE!!!!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
NavyVet
"Brokeback Mountain:  Where slash is canon!"

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #6343 on: November 06, 2006, 10:18:29 am »
  ;)    ;)   As far as my dreams go:  ALREADY THERE!!!!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Dont you get me started on "those" dreams missy.  ;) ;)

Offline NavyVet

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Harm/Tony - My fav rare pair
« Reply #6344 on: November 06, 2006, 10:22:48 am »
Dont you get me started on "those" dreams missy.  ;) ;)

Hee-hee.  Hey, those dreams might be worthy of an LS AU!AU PWP someday!   ;D
NavyVet
"Brokeback Mountain:  Where slash is canon!"

Scott6373

« Reply #6345 on: November 06, 2006, 10:24:04 am »
I just can't see Ennis ever doing that...unless he had a VERY good reason...and even then I think he would leave Ellery before he did anything.

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #6346 on: November 06, 2006, 10:29:14 am »
Hee-hee.  Hey, those dreams might be worthy of an LS AU!AU PWP someday!   ;D

Hahahah. I darent tell you what "those" dreams were though lol. Anyway, it,s all that Junes fault I had em in the first place lol.  ;) ;) ;D :laugh:

Scott6373

« Reply #6347 on: November 06, 2006, 10:49:11 am »
But that could be a great set-up for some real psychologocal drama regarding one's own perception of their sexuality.

If all you wrote is true, then it would be kind of interesting to see Jeremy "think" he is falling in love" with Ennis because of their shared similarities.  The ensuing exploration of what sexuality means to Jeremy could be quite interesting.

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #6348 on: November 06, 2006, 11:03:46 am »
Hahahah. I darent tell you what "those" dreams were though lol. Anyway, it,s all that Junes fault I had em in the first place lol.  ;) ;) ;D :laugh:

Hmmmmm ~ blame it all on me eh?? As usual  ::)

;)

:-*

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #6349 on: November 06, 2006, 11:10:55 am »
But that could be a great set-up for some real psychologocal drama regarding one's own perception of their sexuality.

If all you wrote is true, then it would be kind of interesting to see Jeremy "think" he is falling in love" with Ennis because of their shared similarities.  The ensuing exploration of what sexuality means to Jeremy could be quite interesting.

Interestingly enough, Scott, this is to me a very realistic possibility.  What is the line between a close friendship, with strong identification between the friends, and attraction?  Sometimes this line is so subtle, it can't be perceived, even when it is crossed, until intimacy unexpectedly occurs.  Isn't this what happened between Ennis and Jack?  It still wouldn't mean Dupree is gay, and I for one - in even attempting this ridiculously complex plot - have to say that I don't think anything is cut and dried.  People just don't neatly fall into piles of queer and straight, and if there is any lesson that comes of Dupree's dilemma - it is this little home truth, illustrated.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”