Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3107562 times)

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #7980 on: November 30, 2006, 07:32:15 am »
SPOILER
    Well,  Jeremy, er, Dupree should have apologized when he knocked over poor Wayne.  Then perhaps Wayne wouldn't have said something snotty and gotten slapped.   Then again, Wayne does have a way with puting his foot in his mouth.   He is always puting something in his mouth right?   ::)

What disappoints me is Laurens behavoir.  He didn't strike me as the the bar gossip type.   I would have thought he'd grab Dupree aside and whisper his questions about Nick to Dupree.     Not that Dupree would have answered mind you!

Offline christie wood

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #7981 on: November 30, 2006, 07:33:15 am »
SPOILER

I still LOVE Jeeves, and  would still be very happy to see him and Jeremy hook up  :). He is a GREAT character.

IMHO, he really wasn't on his best behaviour in this chapter, but, hey, we all slip up from time to time....

Um... also, it seems no one feels very sympathetic towards  Wayne, even though he did get slapped for no good reason  ;D

Oh no!!!! No way should Jeremy and Jeeves get together!!!  No, absolutely not.  Jeeves may be an interesting character, but he's not one of my favourites..he annoys the bejesus out of me to be honest, with his jolly hockey sticks attitude.  

Maybe in time, and when he's apologised good and proper to Jeremy, that they can be friends, but I certainly dont want anything else to go on between them.

Offline christie wood

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #7982 on: November 30, 2006, 07:36:46 am »
SPOILER
    Well,  Jeremy, er, Dupree should have apologized when he knocked over poor Wayne.  Then perhaps Wayne wouldn't have said something snotty and gotten slapped.   Then again, Wayne does have a way with puting his foot in his mouth.   He is always puting something in his mouth right?   ::)

What disappoints me is Laurens behavoir.  He didn't strike me as the the bar gossip type.   I would have thought he'd grab Dupree aside and whisper his questions about Nick to Dupree.     Not that Dupree would have answered mind you!

I agree that Jeremy should have apologised to Wayne for hitting him, that was totally out of order but also totally out of character...but then Jeremy had just been verbally harrassed by Jeeves and he was being given the third degree from Lauren too....talking of Lauren, I agree, he really surprised me, I thought he would have realised by Jeremy's reaction that he didnt want to talk about it.  But then Lauren ran out after Jeremy so maybe he'd realised he had gone too far...but still, very disappointed in him.  Why cant they all just leave it, couldnt they sense that Jeremy didnt want to talk about it?

Offline David

« Reply #7983 on: November 30, 2006, 07:53:46 am »
It is a fairly small town and the Stallion is the only real social hot spot for the boys.   I suppose that Duprees "Date" was the hot topic of conversation by all !

Lauren may be a sweet guy, but you can bet he ran home after work that night to tell Simon about Dupree being picked up by Nick Sampson.

I sure hope that Jeremy doesn't go running to go call Paula. 

He should be running to Nicks arms!

Offline souxi

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #7984 on: November 30, 2006, 07:54:20 am »
I agree that Jeremy should have apologised to Wayne for hitting him, that was totally out of order but also totally out of character...but then Jeremy had just been verbally harrassed by Jeeves and he was being given the third degree from Lauren too....talking of Lauren, I agree, he really surprised me, I thought he would have realised by Jeremy's reaction that he didnt want to talk about it.  But then Lauren ran out after Jeremy so maybe he'd realised he had gone too far...but still, very disappointed in him.  Why cant they all just leave it, couldnt they sense that Jeremy didnt want to talk about it?

Chrisite hun ther,e men...enough said really eh? ::) ::) ::)

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #7985 on: November 30, 2006, 07:58:10 am »
It is a fairly small town and the Stallion is the only real social hot spot for the boys.   I suppose that Duprees "Date" was the hot topic of conversation by all !

Lauren may be a sweet guy, but you can bet he ran home after work that night to tell Simon about Dupree being picked up by Nick Sampson.

I sure hope that Jeremy doesn't go running to go call Paula. 

He should be running to Nicks arms!

I agree with you there David. That will only confuse the poor guy even more. He,s still on a high. He,s just slept with a guy for the first time in his life. He doesnt need some 6ft stick insect to complicate things even more. Hot Nick is what he needs. ;) Love that pic btw. :o :o :o :o

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #7986 on: November 30, 2006, 08:11:02 am »
Milli ~ I really LOVE your banner! *jealous*

:-*

What happened to the gorgeous Shane??  :(

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #7987 on: November 30, 2006, 08:59:02 am »
SPOILER

Um... also, it seems no one feels very sympathetic towards  Wayne, even though he did get slapped for no good reason  ;D

yeah, how come nobody is feeling sorry for Wayne?
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #7988 on: November 30, 2006, 09:02:37 am »
well here I am, off work for the first day and I feel like a dishrag, I've slept in most of the day so far, and will have to venture out since I'm low on food... and don't want to!!!  Gah.  So I am sucking on my last cough drop and trying to get the energy to sneak out for emergency supplies.

Meh.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline David

« Reply #7989 on: November 30, 2006, 09:09:44 am »
well here I am, off work for the first day and I feel like a dishrag, I've slept in most of the day so far, and will have to venture out since I'm low on food... and don't want to!!!  Gah.  So I am sucking on my last cough drop and trying to get the energy to sneak out for emergency supplies.

Meh.

Indeed!   you need your energy to type!     ;D