Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3107780 times)

Offline notBastet

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • no way out but through
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #1250 on: July 13, 2006, 10:03:11 am »
re: beefy!Ennis...something tells me that Ennis Del Mar would never, ever go out and take care of horses in his underwear!

L

It's certainly not very safe... but we know he likes to be nude when they're camping (if memory serves me right. maybe I made that up).  Anyhow if that's the case, I bet he's been 'in the flesh' around the horses a time or two.
“It can be a little distressing to have to overintellectualize yourself” - Heath Ledger

Offline notBastet

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • no way out but through
« Reply #1251 on: July 13, 2006, 10:06:06 am »
Update to "A Second Chance"

http://louisev.livejournal.com/71947.html  "Chapter 83:  A Case of Homicide"

Louise I can't believe you have two chapters up already.  So much for me having a productive work morning, guess I will have to aim for super productive late morning and afternoon!
“It can be a little distressing to have to overintellectualize yourself” - Heath Ledger

Offline notBastet

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • no way out but through
« Reply #1252 on: July 13, 2006, 10:10:54 am »
fyi - I can't read the words "Chief Deputy Cantrell" without getting a [naughty] little tickle in my tummy...

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #1253 on: July 13, 2006, 10:14:06 am »
It's certainly not very safe... but we know he likes to be nude when they're camping (if memory serves me right. maybe I made that up).  Anyhow if that's the case, I bet he's been 'in the flesh' around the horses a time or two.

Yes, he certainly has been "in the flesh."  Is there anyone else here besides me that finds Ennis looking after his horses while stark naked to be somewhat titillating?
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Helen

« Reply #1254 on: July 13, 2006, 10:16:52 am »
Yes, he certainly has been "in the flesh."  Is there anyone else here besides me that finds Ennis looking after his horses while stark naked to be somewhat titillating?

Ummm....yes....

Offline notBastet

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • no way out but through
« Reply #1255 on: July 13, 2006, 10:24:11 am »
Ummm....yes....

uhh, yes here too... especially if you follow the thought a little further and also think about him on horseback...

Offline notBastet

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • no way out but through
« Reply #1256 on: July 13, 2006, 10:27:08 am »
Chap 83 spoiler:

Hmnnn... the ending of chap 83....  seems like a little more emotion (or at least information) might be coming from Mrs. Wilkes once she gets off the phone with her husband.  I hope they don't just stare at each other blankly while they wait for Mr. Wilkes.  I never thought about Ellery having to give bad news before.

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #1257 on: July 13, 2006, 10:30:50 am »
uhh, yes here too... especially if you follow the thought a little further and also think about him on horseback...
Oh god yes! that's SO hot....

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #1258 on: July 13, 2006, 10:39:56 am »
Update to "A Second Chance"

http://louisev.livejournal.com/72326.html  "Chapter 84:  The Roommate Who Wasn't There"
Louise, I may be way off base here but is Beagle the killer??

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #1259 on: July 13, 2006, 10:40:20 am »
Oh god yes! that's SO hot....

you know... I might be able to fit in a naked making out scene with horses in it for their next camping trip.  I have been inspired by those naked photos of Ennis before he plunges off that cliff.... what a lovely fruit arrangement.  *sigh*
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”