Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3107703 times)

yb

Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #4170 on: September 20, 2006, 08:15:13 pm »
Oh Dupree is going to be featured in the next book, indeed.

Something to do with Jeeves?

Offline magicmountain

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Fire from heaven
« Reply #4171 on: September 20, 2006, 09:57:48 pm »
OK. What's gonna happen if Ellery gets well enough for foolin' around but Junior is still confined to the house?

By the way, Alma should count her lucky stars she wasn't married to ex-Governor McGreevey. He recently told Oprah that his wife only discovered he was gay when he announced it in a press conference. Asked how she was coping, he said she "was in transition"! I wonder if that could describe Alma's current state?

« Last Edit: September 20, 2006, 10:33:30 pm by magicmountain »
Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all. - Alexander the Great

yb

« Reply #4172 on: September 20, 2006, 10:03:28 pm »
I have enjoyed the whole Laramie Saga, and have segments that stick out as my favorites.  Previously, a highlight for me was when Ellery was having a hard time with Beagle and Ennis held him back from going to confront him. (I sadly forget which book and chapter).  It stands out as a highlight to me of previous works. 
Currently, I really totally am enjoying all the family aspects of what is happening in Riverton. An was really thrilled at the way Ellery and JR may be working on Ennis.
Too Cool. 

I second this.  Before that time, it had always been Ellery offering support to Ennis at times of his distress, it was the first time that Ellery showed his vulnerability and Ennis was there to support and comfort him.

Offline NavyVet

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Harm/Tony - My fav rare pair
« Reply #4173 on: September 20, 2006, 10:05:03 pm »
Hahaha souxi darlin, I don't think so, LOL "THAT" dream is WAAAAY too, uhm....naughty.....?!!

;D  ;D  :-*

Oh, You have no idea! :laugh:
It takes a lot to squirk me.  In fact, I have very few fanfic peeves.  I don't read Character Death fic (when it's not canon), Mpregs, anime, or really badly written fic where the author doesn't even bother to spell-check or proof-read.  (I know we've all seen some of those out there.)

I'm an amateur when it comes to writing - I'm not even qualified to carry Louise's laptop across the street, as the saying goes.  I'm very slow at it, and I've never written BBM, though I've had this huge plot bunny in my head for months that just won't leave me alone.
In fact, I only have three works to date: 2 short stories - a JAG gen fic and a JAG/NCIS adult slash PWP.  I've been working on my JAG novel for forever, a dark WIP with around 210,000 words so far.  The feedback I've gotten has been very encouraging.  If anyone's curious, my work is archived here:
http://www.squidge.org/~peja/cgi-bin/viewuser.php?uid=104

Hope it's okay to do that. ;)
NavyVet
"Brokeback Mountain:  Where slash is canon!"

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #4174 on: September 21, 2006, 02:12:31 am »
OK. What's gonna happen if Ellery gets well enough for foolin' around but Junior is still confined to the house?

Hmmm, good question.
Somehow I don't see them checking into The Best Western for a couple of hours, I think Ennis will be too embarassed to do that after what happened at the hospital....so I don't know but it sure looks like Junior will be hanging around for a few days! I guess they'll just have to be really really quiet!  :D

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #4175 on: September 21, 2006, 02:20:41 am »
Oh, You have no idea! :laugh:
It takes a lot to squirk me.  In fact, I have very few fanfic peeves.  I don't read Character Death fic (when it's not canon), Mpregs, anime, or really badly written fic where the author doesn't even bother to spell-check or proof-read.  (I know we've all seen some of those out there.)

I'm an amateur when it comes to writing - I'm not even qualified to carry Louise's laptop across the street, as the saying goes.  I'm very slow at it, and I've never written BBM, though I've had this huge plot bunny in my head for months that just won't leave me alone.
In fact, I only have three works to date: 2 short stories - a JAG gen fic and a JAG/NCIS adult slash PWP.  I've been working on my JAG novel for forever, a dark WIP with around 210,000 words so far.  The feedback I've gotten has been very encouraging.  If anyone's curious, my work is archived here:
http://www.squidge.org/~peja/cgi-bin/viewuser.php?uid=104

Hope it's okay to do that. ;)
Thanks for the link Navyvet!  :)

I guess souxi will have to get in touch with you! LOL!  ;D

yb

« Reply #4176 on: September 21, 2006, 02:37:24 am »
Hmmm, good question.
Somehow I don't see them checking into The Best Western for a couple of hours, I think Ennis will be too embarassed to do that after what happened at the hospital....so I don't know but it sure looks like Junior will be hanging around for a few days! I guess they'll just have to be really really quiet!  :D

I doubt if they could keep quiet, we'll have to think about something so that they can go at it; otherwise I'm afraid they'll die from sexual frustration.

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #4177 on: September 21, 2006, 02:37:51 am »
Oh Dupree is going to be featured in the next book, indeed.
*disappointed sigh*
Nothing a bit sooner??

:-*

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #4178 on: September 21, 2006, 02:41:29 am »
I doubt if they could keep quiet, we'll have to think about something so that they can go at it; otherwise I'm afraid they'll die from sexual frustration.

Hehehe, I agree, that's gonna be real tough! It could be part of the fun though!  ;D
I've been racking my brain but can't come up with anything atm, it's still pretty early here, need to wake up a bit more!  :D

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #4179 on: September 21, 2006, 04:26:25 am »
Something to do with Jeeves?

Nuh huh. No more clues.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”