Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3107802 times)

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #4480 on: September 25, 2006, 02:22:57 pm »
YOU are totally spoiling us, Louise  :-*

ain't that the truth!

And i can't believe you guys posted five (FIVE) pages on this thread since i last checked earlier today  :). I can't keep up.

Magic, I loooooved Ellery's bones. it was hilarious!

Ellery really needs to get over this deep-seated belief he still has (STILL) that he's just a piece of ass to Ennis.  I think that somewhere inside of him, he still thinks of himself as just that...a piece of ass, because that's how Beagle treated him and Bill wasn't any better.  If he still believes that his value is purely decorative and/or sexual, he will have trouble believing what else Ennis sess in him to love.

Maybe Ellery never 'wanted' someone get to get really close. He knew what it feels like to be loved unconditionally and to lose that love. I think losing his mum affected him profoundly. And when you really love someone and be let yourself be loved, you have to take a chance. Because with love may also come hurt, and loss. Maybe that's why he ended up with guys like Beagle and Bill. It was 'safe'. But very unfulfilling, so ending it with Bill was maybe the first step Ellery had to take to learn about love. And then of course, Ennis walks in to the Red Stallion...

I really can't tell you how much i love this story...
(getting quite emotional about all this *sigh*)
thanks Louise, you are amazing
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #4481 on: September 25, 2006, 02:30:50 pm »

Update to "The Long Way Home"

http://louisev.livejournal.com/120889.html  "Chapter 68:  Butting In"
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #4482 on: September 25, 2006, 02:44:29 pm »
ain't that the truth!

And i can't believe you guys posted five (FIVE) pages on this thread since i last checked earlier today  :). I can't keep up.

Magic, I loooooved Ellery's bones. it was hilarious!

Maybe Ellery never 'wanted' someone get to get really close. He knew what it feels like to be loved unconditionally and to lose that love. I think losing his mum affected him profoundly. And when you really love someone and be let yourself be loved, you have to take a chance. Because with love may also come hurt, and loss. Maybe that's why he ended up with guys like Beagle and Bill. It was 'safe'. But very unfulfilling, so ending it with Bill was maybe the first step Ellery had to take to learn about love. And then of course, Ennis walks in to the Red Stallion...

I really can't tell you how much i love this story...
(getting quite emotional about all this *sigh*)
thanks Louise, you are amazing

very insightful comments about Ellery, Fabienne...!  and thank you... enjoy the new chapter too!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline gn411

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #4483 on: September 25, 2006, 02:58:16 pm »
About all the comments about Ellery and why he is insecure about Ennis's commitment to the point of covering up his own health concerns.  All seem to be in agreement that Ellery is insecure about Ennis's commitment, as unfounded as it is, and everyone seems to agree that this insecurity is probably due to the loose of his parents and probably his total commitment to Beagle.
And that in previouse relationships (Bill) he did not make the emotional commitment to others that he has made to Ennis.      OK, 
My questions,  What about Ennis has caught Ellery's attention, and why has he made the emotional commitment?    And
What can Ennis do to ease Ellery's concerns?

This conversation is just awesome. 

Offline souxi

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #4484 on: September 25, 2006, 03:05:53 pm »
My questions,  What about Ennis has caught Ellery's attention, and why has he made the emotional commitment?    And
What can Ennis do to ease Ellery's concerns?

Thats a very good point that is...hmmmmmm. I,m gonna go away and think about that one. Right, thanks for chapters today Louise. Nite all. Be good June. ;) ;) ;D

Offline MadLori

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Remember - Jack Nasty loves you.
« Reply #4485 on: September 25, 2006, 03:30:46 pm »
Well, it's happened to me now too, NavyVet.  Someone who must be lurking on this thread just posted a comment on the most recent chapter of TCJ containing a quote from something I said a few pages back on this thread just to get my goat.  I deleted the comment because it has nothing to do with TCJ.  I would not normally delete a negative comment, and if this person had posted on a post I made on wranglers or another general forum it would have stayed, but the HI forum is for my story and it's my community and was not about TCJ so I deleted it.  So there.

How angry, bitter and downright sad does a person have to be that they'll lurk on a tthread for a story they despise for the sole purpose of accumulating ammo against the people who dare to like the story?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2006, 03:55:34 pm by MadLori »
Jack:  I could kick your ass any day of the week.
Ennis:  Then the weeks where you live must have a No Fuckin' Way Day.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #4486 on: September 25, 2006, 03:40:31 pm »
Egad.   I am so sorry this is happening, Lori.  All I can say is that no one will be allowed to make any provoking comments anywhere on this forum, or in my blog, about ANY of the fan fiction posted here, or its authors.  However, the board is open for for guests to read:  and during the day today I have counted as many as 9 guests in just this thread.

Polite readers and authors would follow such an ethic even in the public and unregulated areas of the Internet, for the good of everyone who loves and appreciates BBM: but it's clear not everyone is polite in our fandom, and even sincere, polite requests go ignored as well.  All we can do is to play nice in the sandbox and be a positive example for the fandom at large.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #4487 on: September 25, 2006, 03:55:57 pm »
*typity typity type.*

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #4488 on: September 25, 2006, 04:04:19 pm »
Sucks to hear of people trolling your LJs ladies. 

I am not sure what the spammers expect to achieve .. it aint like you are about to quit writing or get all discouraged because of a few negative comments. 

Attention:
To all the angry guests who are lurking on this thread and others .. if you can't beat 'em, join 'em!  So register, why don't cha?   8)

Offline NavyVet

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Harm/Tony - My fav rare pair
« Reply #4489 on: September 25, 2006, 04:05:42 pm »
Un *******believable.  It boggles my mind.

I must've opened one hell of a can 'o' worms and am so sorry it's affected other people, as well.

All I can do is hope it dies from lack of interest.  I've taken measures to protect myself by steering clear with a wide berth of applicable areas, even had to block my own e-mail account to avoid further harrassment.  I figure if I don't see or know anything, I won't react, and therefore not stoop to that level.  I wonder if people do this type of thing just to rile others up.  I've seen it in the past in other fandoms, as well.  Gets old quick.

On a completely different note, is anyone having troubles with certain features in their LJ's?
My LJ cut button has stopped working - nothing happens - I'm baffled.
Sorry to go OT.
Thanx
NavyVet
"Brokeback Mountain:  Where slash is canon!"