Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3107591 times)

Offline souxi

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #4810 on: October 02, 2006, 08:39:21 am »
Good point there June. Louise do you want a sexy English guy in a bowler hat or an old fuddy duddy? There thats another new word for you lol. ;D

Offline christie wood

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #4811 on: October 02, 2006, 08:44:07 am »

Us?? noooooooooo never, dont know what you mean. ;) Anyone would think we had rude thoughts, and we dont do we June?  ;) ;) ;)
Nice to be back btw, I was well pissed of when I couldnt get in here yesterday. grrrrr@servers. >:(  Am I the only one who likes Wayne btw? I think he,s funny and he seem harmless. I always remember that classic remark he made to Ennis about the sex headache and then said that if it wasnt sex it might be a stoke!! pmsl that made me laugh lol. I bet Ellery wont mention "that" dream to Dupree lol.  ;) ;D

Hi Souxi

I like Wayne too, he's harmless and has been put through the wringer lately.  I think its actually quite sweet that he has a crush on Ennis.  If it was Dupree, I'd be worried.  What worries is Ennis' obsession with slapping Wayne's ass. 

Offline christie wood

« Reply #4812 on: October 02, 2006, 08:44:52 am »
Actually, the voice I hear in my head as Ellery is not as deep as Ennis's. Ennis has a growl, Ellery has a slightly higher pitched voice.

L

Yes, thats how I hear Ellery. 

Ennis has a growl.....god, that gets me going just thinking about it.

Offline christie wood

« Reply #4813 on: October 02, 2006, 08:46:28 am »
How about this for Chas Chesterfield, aka Jeeves. I though it was perfect. What do you lot think?

A typical English Gent Souxi!!!  I imagined someone a little sexier than that though.  Maybe like John Thaw as Morse?   ???

Offline christie wood

« Reply #4814 on: October 02, 2006, 08:47:50 am »
Two chapters already.  ;D

I just love the interaction of all the characters.

Have to say, I not so sure this Jeeves character is what he seems. Interested to see how he turns out.

Now as this is the final book in the saga it's going to have at least 200 chapters isn't it Louise? Huh?

I have to say I agree with you Kazza about Jeeves....very intriguing.  Maybe thats what Dupree finds attractive? 

200 chapters sound just about right!  I just cant get my head round that this will be the last book.

yb

« Reply #4815 on: October 02, 2006, 08:50:39 am »

Now as this is the final book in the saga it's going to have at least 200 chapters isn't it Louise? Huh?

I like this idea a lot.  I felt so lost when book 5 ended at chapter 84!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #4816 on: October 02, 2006, 09:11:44 am »
200 chapters?  egad!

without having to move out of the country in the interim, the last 84 chapter book took me...from 27 August to 30 September.  Just over a calendar month.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #4817 on: October 02, 2006, 09:12:28 am »

Ennis has a growl.....god, that gets me going just thinking about it.
I try not to think about it too much........

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #4818 on: October 02, 2006, 09:17:10 am »
200 chapters?  egad!

without having to move out of the country in the interim, the last 84 chapter book took me...from 27 August to 30 September.  Just over a calendar month.
That's why you MUST write a MUCH longer book Louise!! I can't stand the thought of it all be over in a months time  :( :( :'( :'(

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #4819 on: October 02, 2006, 09:19:12 am »
Good point there June. Louise do you want a sexy English guy in a bowler hat or an old fuddy duddy? There thats another new word for you lol. ;D
Hehehe to fuddy duddy  :laugh: