Author Topic: COLLECTOR'S EDITION DVD Release  (Read 56671 times)

Offline LauraGigs

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
    • My Design Portfolio
Re: COLLECTOR'S EDITION DVD Release
« Reply #240 on: February 23, 2007, 11:44:03 pm »
Shamus stated VERY early, around Toronto film fest time, before the first dvd ever came out that there would never be any release of deleted scenes from the movie on any dvd.

This is interesting, Ranchgal. Did he explain why?   ???

Offline ranchgal

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #241 on: February 27, 2007, 02:38:22 am »
No, I remember hearing him say it during one of the interview clips that were running then, when he was on a BBM panel with Ang and several of the cast members.   I don't think it was ever expanded or pursued after he said it. Maybe they ran out of time, or maybe no one else asked any more about it.   I haven't gone through most of the stuff I have from back then lately, so I am not sure which festival it came up at.

Offline oilgun

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #242 on: March 03, 2007, 02:58:26 pm »
I do not believe Ang Lee has anything to say about what is in or out of the dvd---he made the movie, now it is in the hands of the production company and backing company----James Shamus stated VERY early, around
Toronto film fest time,  before the first dvd ever came out that there would never be any release of deleted scenes from the movie on any dvd.   So I think if you are going to blame someone---you have to blame the producers--not the director.
I'm sure you're right and my anger is misplaced.  I was aware that there wouldn't be any deleted scenes and I'm fine with that.  My big complaint is the lack of a director or other commentary.  I even wouldn't mind a producer and/or screenwriter and/or actor commentary.  Just throw us a bone for god's sake!  

What I don't understand is that Schamus, as one of the producers, doesn't seem to have much say in the dvd's content either.  In the last interview I read with him he was obviously distancing himself from the Collector's Edition, saying things like "they" wanted to include this or that etc, not taking ownership at all.  

I wish someone familiar with how these things work would enlighten us so that I'd know who to hold responsible for this blatant double-dip travesty, lol!