Author Topic: Messages From The Heartland  (Read 2161981 times)

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
Re: Messages From The Heartland
« Reply #1840 on: July 31, 2007, 03:34:55 am »
Ypu've gone back to Oreo - I thought the misangled one of your face last night was fun!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

moremojo

« Reply #1841 on: July 31, 2007, 03:29:14 pm »
If I understand what Scott is wanting ....is a story of Native American lovers that lived on Brokeback in the days before the white man came.  Native Americans whose spirits watched over the lovers on Brokeback...
That would be beautiful, but it wouldn't necessarily have to be a same-sex story, or even a love story. Just a story involving a Native American encounter with the mountain that later settlers would call Brokeback, and how the mountain colored and shaped the characters' lives, and the imprint they in turn left on the mountain. And it could be set in the modern era, as well.

mvansand76

« Reply #1842 on: July 31, 2007, 03:37:22 pm »
That would be beautiful, but it wouldn't necessarily have to be a same-sex story, or even a love story. Just a story involving a Native American encounter with the mountain that later settlers would call Brokeback, and how the mountain colored and shaped the characters' lives, and the imprint they in turn left on the mountain. And it could be set in the modern era, as well.

Oh YES! I bet you would be able to make it a great story, David! If you delve into all your knowledge of your ancestors, then you will be able to make a great and powerful story, just like the one you started a few days ago! I just know you can do it! It's a great idea...

Offline isabelle

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • And French-kissing, too!
« Reply #1843 on: July 31, 2007, 04:32:03 pm »
Full Moon Over Indianapolis

Taken just minutes ago from the roof of my house just outside my bedroom window!

Isn't it pretty!!!  :D

Yes, very pretty, and it makes me all excited to think that I was watching the exact same view from my bedroom window last night before I went to sleep! Funny to think you must have caught this a few hours after me, maybe even as I was getting up?

I love your blog , David! Yes, the violin is hard to play, but when I start, I do not see the time go by, and 2 hours can fly by before I stop and notice!

« Last Edit: July 31, 2007, 06:58:04 pm by David »
" - I'm vegan now."
"-Vegan? I thought you were still Church of England"

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #1844 on: July 31, 2007, 05:21:40 pm »
Full Moon Over Indianapolis

Taken just minutes ago from the roof of my house just outside my bedroom window!

Isn't it pretty!!!  :D

GORGEOUS!!!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #1845 on: July 31, 2007, 07:03:09 pm »
Yes, very pretty, and it makes me all excited to think that I was watching the exact same view from my bedroom window last night before I went to sleep! Funny to think you must have caught this a few hours after me, maybe even as I was getting up?

I love your blog , David! Yes, the violin is hard to play, but when I start, I do not see the time go by, and 2 hours can fly by before I stop and notice!

I think I took that picture around 2:30 in the morning (Indianapolis time) Isabelle, so it was probably about 8:30 am in France.

It's weird when I think about it. We all see the same moon and sun no matter where we live. The moon I was looking at last night was the exact same moon you saw in France only several hours earlier. And somebody else in the world will be looking at it several hours after it leaves Indiana! When I think about things like this, I begin to understand we are all much closer than we realize, and it makes me very happy.  :D

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #1846 on: July 31, 2007, 07:33:52 pm »

Scott, Melissa has been gently encouraging me to start writing. And  I've been thinking about many different things, but last night when you mentioned this I started getting some ideas for this story. In fact I had a difficult time sleeping because I kept thinking about it. Melissa calls it a "bunny" I think. Or a rabbit. How do you say that Melissa? Anyway, I caught one and I think I have an idea of how I can write a story about Brokeback Mountain from a Native American perspective and I could aslo include the encounters they had with the mountain itself.  :D

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1847 on: July 31, 2007, 07:34:54 pm »
I guess the moon is a symbol for something very mysterious and romantic. The tides, which always fascinate me, are governed by the moon---and listening to the ocean seems so calming and enchanting.

I love the song "Somewhere out There" from "An American Tail".

Somewhere out there beneath the pale moonlight
Someone's thinking of me and loving me tonight

Somewhere out there someone's saying a prayer
That we'll find one another in that big somewhere out there

And even though I know how very far apart we are
It helps to think we might be wishing on the same bright star

And when the night wind starts to sing a lonesome lullaby
It helps to think we're sleeping underneath the same big sky

And remember Ponyboy and Cherry Valance talking about seeing the same moon from the rich side of town as was seen from the poor side. (Or was that the sunset?) Same concept.  :P

The earth and the moon are attracted to each other---like Ennis and Jack were brought together under the full Wyoming moon.

That's a beautiful picture, David, and a beautiful thought that someone else thousands of miles away sees the very same sight out their window.

Somewhere out there if love can see us "BROKIES" through
Then we'll be together somewhere out there
Out where dreams come true
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

moremojo

« Reply #1848 on: July 31, 2007, 07:40:14 pm »
Shasta, when my friend Jackie went to see Brokeback Mountain last year, she loved it, but didn't cry as I had reported I had done. She said there had been one movie so far which had made her cry...An American Tail!

Yes, friends, beautiful ruminations on the mysterious things that connect us, make us more whole. And David, I am very pleased to hear that you have been inspired for a new story! I can't wait to read it, if and when you do write it.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #1849 on: July 31, 2007, 07:42:47 pm »

The same thing happens to me when I play my violin and cello, Isabelle. I belong to a local chamber orchestra, but I haven't been able to meet with them lately. I've started working a second job, and now I'm working more on the weekends when they meet. Anyway, do you know what I like to do sometimes? Sometimes I will put on a CD and turn the stereo up and play along with the orchestra. I've been working on Bach's Violin Concerto in E Minor. I've also been working on Bach's Brandenburg Concerto #4 and #5 which both have wonderful violin solos in them. I also do the same thing for the cello. I've been working on Bach's Cello Suite lately. It's no substitution for playing with an actual orchestra, but it's better than nothing!  :D

I especially love playing the cello. I think it's my favorite instrument, with the violin coming in a close second. I love the feeling of the strings vibrating against the bow when I play the cello. I can feel such power in those strings. The cello really is a gentle giant. It's a beautiful instrument, and very challenging and fun to play!  :D

I'm so glad you are playing the violin Isabelle. What songs are you working on right now?