Author Topic: Messages From The Heartland  (Read 2138871 times)

mvansand76

Re: Messages From The Heartland
« Reply #1850 on: August 01, 2007, 05:55:36 am »
Scott, Melissa has been gently encouraging me to start writing. And  I've been thinking about many different things, but last night when you mentioned this I started getting some ideas for this story. In fact I had a difficult time sleeping because I kept thinking about it. Melissa calls it a "bunny" I think. Or a rabbit. How do you say that Melissa? Anyway, I caught one and I think I have an idea of how I can write a story about Brokeback Mountain from a Native American perspective and I could aslo include the encounters they had with the mountain itself.  :D

It's a plot bunny and David, you have no idea how EXCITED I am to hear this!!!!

I bet it will be wonderful, like any other thing you write... and I totally get that feeling of having difficulty sleeping because of the story running around in your head, it's the best feeling ever!

:-* :D  :-* :D :-* :D :-* :D :-* :D :-* :D :-* :D :-* :D :-* :D

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #1851 on: August 01, 2007, 04:18:29 pm »

It's a plot bunny and David, you have no idea how EXCITED I am to hear this!!!!

I bet it will be wonderful, like any other thing you write... and I totally get that feeling of having difficulty sleeping because of the story running around in your head, it's the best feeling ever!

:-* :D  :-* :D :-* :D :-* :D :-* :D :-* :D :-* :D :-* :D :-* :D

Thanks Melissa! I think I'm going to do it.  :D
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

mvansand76

« Reply #1852 on: August 01, 2007, 05:33:05 pm »
Thanks Melissa! I think I'm going to do it.  :D

EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

moremojo

« Reply #1853 on: August 01, 2007, 06:24:31 pm »

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1854 on: August 01, 2007, 07:12:32 pm »

Looking forward to your story David.

Beautiful mind

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #1855 on: August 03, 2007, 05:02:37 pm »

The crimes Michael Vick has been charged with are very disturbing and I think most people in this country are very angry and appalled with him right now. But I've seen some cute cartoons in the newspaper recently about this dog fighting scandal. Here's a few of them.....

But I think the following pictures help to put this back into its proper perspective....

moremojo

« Reply #1856 on: August 03, 2007, 05:06:51 pm »
My sister told me on Wednesday that she learned that the dogs trained to fight in these things have to be medically killed when rescued from their abusive trainers/owners. The reason is that they have basically been conditioned to become killing and maiming machines, and cannot "unlearn" their conditioned impulse to violence. So their lives are thrown away no matter what...if they don't die in these blood-sports, they will be killed when discovered and rescued by the authorities. It's really tragic, and so utterly senseless.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #1857 on: August 03, 2007, 05:13:28 pm »
I heard this same thing on the news, Scott. It's absolutely terrible. And as a dog owner, I find it quite offensive. How could ANYONE do something like this to an innocent animal?  :'(

CNN and MSNBC, along with our local news here also reported that Michael Vick and his friends would frequently kill the dogs if  they failed to win a fight. Quite often the losing animal will die during the fight, but if he didn't, he would be executed in very cruel ways including electrocution and hanging. I hope these reports are inaccurate and false, but I have a feeling they're true.

mvansand76

« Reply #1858 on: August 03, 2007, 05:18:36 pm »
I heard this same thing on the news, Scott. It's absolutely terrible. And as a dog owner, I find it quite offensive. How could ANYONE do something like this to an innocent animal?  :'(

CNN and MSNBC, along with our local news here also reported that Michael Vick and his friends would frequently kill the dogs if  they failed to win a fight. Quite often the losing animal will die during the fight, but if he didn't, he would be executed in very cruel ways including electrocution and hanging. I hope these reports are inaccurate and false, but I have a feeling they're true.

Oh no, now I can't sleep because of these pics! People who do this to animals should suffer through the same things they did to the poor creatures and then be shot.

moremojo

« Reply #1859 on: August 03, 2007, 05:19:30 pm »
Quite often the losing animal will die during the fight, but if he didn't, he would be executed in very cruel ways including electrocution and hanging.
That is absolutely monstrous. I am strongly opposed to the death penalty, but I think someone guilty of that should be given the harshest possible sentence short of execution. Accounts like this make me ashamed and sad to be a human being.