Author Topic: Messages From The Heartland  (Read 2162789 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: Messages From The Heartland
« Reply #1910 on: September 15, 2007, 04:32:18 pm »

Free Comments <br />         and Funny Pictures at pYzam.com" border="0
Get Funny Pictures at pYzam.com

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #1911 on: September 15, 2007, 04:48:04 pm »

Funny Pictures at pYzam.com

Funny Pictures at pYzam.com

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

« Last Edit: September 15, 2007, 06:00:09 pm by David »

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #1912 on: September 15, 2007, 09:24:30 pm »
Same Sex Marriage Laws Around The World

(Source: Wikipedia)

The World

If you look closely at the map up above, you will notice Iraq, Israel, Turkey and Jordan appear in light green, suggesting they do not have current laws banning homosexuality. This surprises me since these countries are all located in the mideast, and three of them have Muslim majority populations!

Europe

United States of America

This November the residents of Indiana will vote to legalize or ban same sex marriage in the state. Recent polls suggest the vast majority of Hoosiers are adamently against same sex marriage and same sex civil unions, and Indiana will join other red states in denying equality for their Gay tax paying citizens.  :'(

« Last Edit: September 15, 2007, 09:42:16 pm by David »

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #1913 on: September 16, 2007, 04:08:43 pm »
Marriage According to Scriptural Principles

In the United States, the ‘Christian Right’ is asking Americans to “pray for the President as he seeks wisdom on how to legally codify the definition of marriage. Pray that it will be according to Biblical principles. With many forces insisting on variant definitions of marriage, pray that God's Word and His standards will be honored by our government."

Any good religious person believes prayer should be balanced by action.  So here, in support of the Prayer Team's admirable goals, is a proposed Constitutional Amendment codifying marriage entirely on biblical principles:

A. Marriage in the United States shall consist of a union between one man and one or more women. (Gen 29:17-28; II Sam 3:2-5)

B. Marriage shall not impede a man's right to take concubines, in addition to his wife or wives. (II Sam 5:13; I Kings 11:3; II Chron 11:21)

C. A marriage shall be considered valid only if the wife is a virgin. If the wife is not a virgin, she shall be executed. (Deut 22:13-21)

D. Marriage of a believer and a non-believer shall be forbidden. (Gen 24:3;
Num 25:1-9; Ezra 9:12; Neh10:30)

E. Since marriage is for life, neither this Constitution nor the constitution of any State, nor any state or federal law, shall be construed to permit divorce. (Deut 22:19; Mark 10:9)

F. If a married man dies without children, his brother shall marry the widow. If he refuses to marry his brother's widow or deliberately does not give her children, he shall pay a fine of one shoe, and be otherwise punished in a manner to be determined by law. (Gen. 38:6-10; Deut 25:5-10)

G. In lieu of marriage, if there are no acceptable men in your town, it is required that you get your dad drunk and have sex with him (even if he had previously offered you up as a sex toy to men young and old), and tag-teaming with any sisters you may have. Of course, this rule applies only if you are female.
(Gen 19:31-36)

--- from Protestants for the Common Good

« Last Edit: September 16, 2007, 04:18:59 pm by David »

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #1914 on: September 16, 2007, 05:01:38 pm »

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #1915 on: September 18, 2007, 02:51:43 pm »
David, you're on a roll!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #1916 on: September 19, 2007, 12:51:39 am »
David, you're on a roll!

Hi Paul!

Yup! I'm on a roll. But you're probably the only one who knows it. Nobody comes in here and reads this anymore. So, I thank you for your readership!  :D

Kelda, where are you? You used to come in here and post comments. Oh yeah. You're in Greece aren't you? Kali tihi.

Okay, here's a few more funny pictures I found...

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #1917 on: September 19, 2007, 02:18:48 am »
Bad Hair Day...

Offline dot-matrix

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
« Reply #1918 on: September 19, 2007, 02:39:15 am »

Loved this one   David you are so funny  :-*  I know how you feel no one leaves me any messages anymore either.  That's OK I like talking to myself  ;)  :D
Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #1919 on: September 19, 2007, 05:45:24 am »
I'm here David  :D! I'm not a regular reader of any of the blogs, I just drop by every now and then.
And I absolutely loved your marriage and Bush roll  ;D.

Same Sex Marriage Laws Around The World
(Source: Wikipedia)
The World

It's a shame, isn't it?. But not surprising, considering the general human rights situation worldwide  >:(.

If you look closely at the map up above, you will notice Iraq, Israel, Turkey and Jordan appear in light green, suggesting they do not have current laws banning homosexuality. This surprises me since these countries are all located in the mideast, and three of them have Muslim majority populations!

It doesn't surprise me. Israel and Turkey are orientating themselves very much towards the Western world. Israel anyway, and Turkey increasingly during the last 20 years. They want to become a member of the EU, so they have to be a modern state (measured by Western standards) to reach their goal. And Iraq - well, your beloved president ( ;)) and his troops make sure that Iraq is not much more than an American base in the Middle East these days.

This November the residents of Indiana will vote to legalize or ban same sex marriage in the state. Recent polls suggest the vast majority of Hoosiers are adamently against same sex marriage and same sex civil unions, and Indiana will join other red states in denying equality for their Gay tax paying citizens.  :'(

If they banned it, what does this mean? Does it truly mean there will be no way for same sex marriage in future? Or will this law (if it becomes one) be just as reversible as any other?