Author Topic: Messages From The Heartland  (Read 2162108 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: Messages From The Heartland
« Reply #2420 on: February 04, 2008, 12:10:59 am »
That's what they used to say about the weather in WV, too, David.  Out here in Merced the weather is much more predictable.  The change in temperature from season to season is very gradual with hardly any unseasonably warm or cold days, and there's hardly any rain.  And there's no snow at all.

Hope everything is going well with you.

Hugs,
Gary

Thanks Gary! I hope everything is going well with you too! :)

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #2421 on: February 06, 2008, 12:38:58 am »
Wow!  :o

We just had a very nasty storm come through. Half of Indianapolis is in the dark now, but so far my lights are still on. They think several tornadoes skirted across town, but they aren't certain if they ever made contact with the ground. They will have to wait until tomorrow to check for damage.

Shasta, how are you doing? I heard Arkansas was hit especially hard. Are you okay? It's hard to believe the same storm stretched from Indiana to Louisiana! Unbelievable. Channel 6 is reporting 2 deaths and several dozen injuries in Indiana so far.

I think the storms are over with here, for now anyway. Now they've posted severe flood warnings for the state.

Here we go!  :P

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2422 on: February 06, 2008, 12:46:23 am »
Hi David! Thanks for asking. Yes--so far, I'm okay. I just got connected tho, so I'm attributing that to the weather. Memphis had a lot of wind damage. I haven't heard much news. Thankfully -- I still have electricity too. I'm glad your side of town stayed lit!  ;) Is it warm there? 60* here. We have tornado watches and rain right now.

Take care -- we'll weather the storm, won't we? It'll probably be cold and snowy in a few days. LOL
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #2423 on: February 06, 2008, 01:22:29 am »
Hey Shasta! I'm glad you're okay! I was worried.

Yeah, it was 65 here today. The Weather Channel says it is 50 right now. They are forecasting snow for tomorrow night!  :laugh:

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2424 on: February 06, 2008, 01:28:25 am »
Saturday I went to Target. This little teenager chick had on shorts and a man's white sleeveless undershirt. I guess she thought it was a nice outfit. I'm probably an old fogey -- but -- in the middle of winter?? I had on a jacket and jeans.

Then on my way home, it got hot and I rolled down the car window and thought maybe that girl had a good idea. LOL
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #2425 on: February 06, 2008, 11:17:17 am »
Hiya David  :-*
Just wanted to pop in and say hi to you  :D Haven't talked to you in a while.
Gosh, is it already one year ago that you introduced us (me at least  :laugh:) to the puppy bowl?

My Mäxi does the same when there's dog noise on the TV. I can always tell whether a bark in a movie is real or faked by some Foley artist. Of course I don't hear the difference myself ( :laugh:), but I can see it in Max' reaction.

Hope you're doing well Bud  :)

And good luck with the weather (also to you Shasta)!

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
« Reply #2426 on: February 06, 2008, 11:25:03 am »
Hey Handsome!
I just wanted to pop in and say hello to you too!
I haven't talked to you in awhile!
Hope all is well with you!!  ;D
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #2427 on: February 06, 2008, 08:05:49 pm »
It turns out we only had one confirmed tornado in Indiana, two counties west of here in Putnam and Morgan co. The tornado didn't quite make it to Indy. It was mostly sraightline wind damage here. The unconfirmed 2 deaths ended up not being true. Thank God. We only had minor injuries here, although power is still down in parts of my city and some are left without homes in the west central part of the state.

And snow tonight!!  :laugh:

I sure do hope things are getting better for the folks in the South. It was terrible what happened down there.  :'(

Hey Handsome!
I just wanted to pop in and say hello to you too!
I haven't talked to you in awhile!
Hope all is well with you!!  ;D

{{{RICH}}}  :-*  :-*

I hope things are going well for you too!

Hiya David  :-*
Just wanted to pop in and say hi to you  :D Haven't talked to you in a while.
Gosh, is it already one year ago that you introduced us (me at least  :laugh:) to the puppy bowl?

My Mäxi does the same when there's dog noise on the TV. I can always tell whether a bark in a movie is real or faked by some Foley artist. Of course I don't hear the difference myself ( :laugh:), but I can see it in Max' reaction.

Hope you're doing well Bud  :)

And good luck with the weather (also to you Shasta)!

Ah! The Puppy Bowl!! Did you watch the youtube clips I posted Chrissi?

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,17040.0.html

Your dog Maxi is sooo cute! I've seen pictures of him. I feel like hugging him!!! :)

(Is Maxi a "he" or a "she"?) What a cutie!!!

injest

« Reply #2428 on: February 06, 2008, 08:11:07 pm »
hi you sweet thing!!

glad you got thru ok! That storm passed over us...and we didn't even have lamb's blood on our door!

It was a scary looking storm though...did so much damage to a school here in East Texas it is closed til Friday...

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #2429 on: February 06, 2008, 08:27:26 pm »
hi you sweet thing!!

glad you got thru ok! That storm passed over us...and we didn't even have lamb's blood on our door!

It was a scary looking storm though...did so much damage to a school here in East Texas it is closed til Friday...

So the storm affected you too Jess? WOW!! That was a huge storm, wasn't it! I hope nobody was hurt in your area, and there wasn't too much damage. Apparently there was quite a bit of damage to the school.

Now we have flash flooding occurring in northern and central Indiana. The Wabash and Tippecanoe rivers are overflowing up north, and so is the White river down in my area. I haven't heard anything about the Ohio river, but I lived next to it for many years, and it doesn't take much at all before it starts to flood, so I should imagine southern Indiana is also experiencing a lot of problems.

Gosh, and to think all of this tornado and flood weather is starting in February. Normally it doesn't start happening until March around here. It's going to be a very long late winter and spring season for us I guess.