Author Topic: Messages From The Heartland  (Read 2162912 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: Messages From The Heartland
« Reply #3080 on: November 01, 2008, 10:37:01 pm »
I just saw a show called "Dirty Jobs" about this guy that goes around doing weird jobs...(you know stuff you never think about?)

Is that Dirty Jobs from the Discovery Channel? I've seen that show before.

he had a BLOWTORCH and was going from cow to cow burning the hair off her udders...he said "Oh it doesnt hurt them, they are just surprised at the flash!"

FIRST cows cant SEE directly behind them so that is just a buncha HUEY! and second, we can SEE the cow flinch and try to pull away when he does it...so we KNOW it hurt!

>:( >:( >:( >:(

>:(  >:(  >:(

They burn it off? WHY??  ???

Of course that's a damn lie! How could it not hurt? That was a stupid thing for them to say wasn't it? I think it's awful they burn the hair off.  :'(  :'(

Animals are so misused and abused in this world, especially on those commercial farms. >:(

then they showed the cows giving birth and didn't mention how she didn't get to raise the calf herself...the calf never even sees its mom after it is first born..they are fed by hand.  >:( >:( >:(

What the hell is the point in THAT? >:(

What purpose could it possibly serve? Why won't they let the baby see his mother? That is so sad. It reminds me of those awful puppy mills. >:( :'(

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

injest

« Reply #3081 on: November 01, 2008, 10:43:47 pm »
Is that Dirty Jobs from the Discovery Channel? I've seen that show before.

>:(  >:(  >:(

They burn it off? WHY??  ???

Of course that's a damn lie! How could it not hurt? That was a stupid thing for them to say wasn't it? I think it's awful they burn the hair off.  :'(  :'(

Animals are so misused and abused in this world, especially on those commercial farms. >:(

What the hell is the point in THAT? >:(

What purpose could it possibly serve? Why won't they let the baby see his mother? That is so sad. It reminds me of those awful puppy mills. >:( :'(

cause they think the baby would drink up too much milk, so they want to ration it so they can get more.  >:(

pure greed!

that milk is FOR the baby...that is how it has always been...farmers have always taken the EXTRA milk...now they take the milk and if there is any left over they let the baby have some.

PLUS half those babies go to the butcher for veal. They didnt' MENTION that!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #3082 on: November 01, 2008, 10:49:11 pm »
cause they think the baby would drink up too much milk, so they want to ration it so they can get more.  >:(

pure greed!

that milk is FOR the baby...that is how it has always been...farmers have always taken the EXTRA milk...now they take the milk and if there is any left over they let the baby have some.

PLUS half those babies go to the butcher for veal. They didnt' MENTION that!

What do they give the babies when they hand feed them from bottles? They don't put milk in there? I don't understand, what is the difference between drinking milk from his mother's udders or drinking milk from a bottle?

Or do they not put milk in those bottles? What do they put in them Jess? Some kind of powdered baby formula? People shouldn't mess around with nature like that. This is another reason to stop drinking milk isn't it? They sell soy milk at the store. Maybe I'll start buying it instead. I don't want any part of this animal abuse. :(

injest

« Reply #3083 on: November 01, 2008, 11:07:23 pm »
What do they give the babies when they hand feed them from bottles? They don't put milk in there? I don't understand, what is the difference between drinking milk from his mother's udders or drinking milk from a bottle?

Or do they not put milk in those bottles? What do they put in them Jess? Some kind of powdered baby formula? People shouldn't mess around with nature like that. This is another reason to stop drinking milk isn't it? They sell soy milk at the store. Maybe I'll start buying it instead. I don't want any part of this animal abuse. :(

well a baby cow only NEEDS a certain amount of milk but they often suck when they aren't hungry...for comfort or reassurance or just cause its there and they want some...even after they are eating grass and grain they still suck every now and again just because...

these big factory farms feel that is wasted milk.  >:( >:(

you should (if you can) buy milk that is local...not grown at factory farms. and NEVER buy milk that has human hormones in it...(the label tells if they don't have it in there) you can BET that if the cows have been injected with that hormone the milk came from a factory farm.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #3084 on: November 01, 2008, 11:28:04 pm »
well a baby cow only NEEDS a certain amount of milk but they often suck when they aren't hungry...for comfort or reassurance or just cause its there and they want some...even after they are eating grass and grain they still suck every now and again just because...

these big factory farms feel that is wasted milk.  >:( >:(

you should (if you can) buy milk that is local...not grown at factory farms. and NEVER buy milk that has human hormones in it...(the label tells if they don't have it in there) you can BET that if the cows have been injected with that hormone the milk came from a factory farm.

They put human hormones in MILK?

:P :P

Why? That sounds disgusting.

injest

« Reply #3085 on: November 01, 2008, 11:31:42 pm »
They put human hormones in MILK?

:P :P

Why? That sounds disgusting.

to make the cow make more milk..

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #3086 on: November 02, 2008, 12:11:22 am »
to make the cow make more milk..

That's really sick and disgusting Jess. And I feel sorry for the animals too. They shouldn't do that to them. >:(

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #3087 on: November 03, 2008, 01:15:45 pm »
Hey David.......

I'm comin' for ya.............

Gotcha!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #3088 on: November 05, 2008, 03:38:57 am »
Oh HELL!! That's scary looking Chuck!

YOU SCARED ME!! >:(

;)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #3089 on: November 05, 2008, 03:42:42 am »
INDIANA IS BLUE!!!!!

BLUE! BLUE! BLUE! BLUE! BLUE! BLUE! BLUE! BLUE! BLUE! BLUE! BLUE! BLUE! BLUE! BLUE! BLUE! BLUE! BLUE! BLUE! BLUE! BLUE! BLUE! BLUE! BLUE! BLUE! BLUE! BLUE! BLUE! BLUE! BLUE! BLUE! BLUE! BLUE! BLUE! BLUE! BLUE! BLUE! BLUE! BLUE! BLUE! BLUE! BLUE! BLUE! BLUE! BLUE! BLUE! BLUE! BLUE! BLUE! BLUE! BLUE! BLUE! BLUE! BLUE! BLUE! BLUE! BLUE! BLUE!

BARACK OBAMA JUST WON INDIANA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*

God, it looks sooooooo pretty up there in BLUE!!!

I just can't believe it actually happened! :D

THANK YOU INDIANA!!!!!!