Author Topic: Messages From The Heartland  (Read 2162893 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Messages From The Heartland
« Reply #3300 on: December 28, 2008, 03:10:52 pm »
I'm here Chuck!!

I was online for a few minutes earlier today and then the AOL server threw me off. Then I couldn't get back on. I kept getting a "AOL is not responding" message. They finally got the situation resolved and so here I am! :)

I only had three drinks last night, so I didn't have a hangover today!

Hiya David!  Good to see you here!

Glad you got the "not responding" issue cleared up.  I hate when my computer acts up.  I'm not a tech person by any means, and get frustrated quickly when this happens.

Although, I've decided that come New Year's Day, I'm going to save all that I have on m comp to disc, and do a complete clean up of the computer and start the new year off right.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #3301 on: December 28, 2008, 05:31:56 pm »
I'm here Chuck!!

I was online for a few minutes earlier today and then the AOL server threw me off. Then I couldn't get back on. I kept getting a "AOL is not responding" message. They finally got the situation resolved and so here I am! :)

I only had three drinks last night, so I didn't have a hangover today!

Ooooh, I wish I didn't. I feel bleugh today!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #3302 on: December 28, 2008, 06:22:55 pm »
Sorry you feel poopy, Kelda!

David, I just want ya to know, I was on the phone with Richard not long ago....as I was talking to him, he shouts ....."Oh damn!  Another Indiana car is here!"

So I told him about your reply here, about people from Indiana plotting to invade Georgia, and he laughed and said "Well, he needs to find out who these people are, so he can hitch a ride and come see me!"

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #3303 on: December 28, 2008, 06:27:15 pm »
Sorry you feel poopy, Kelda!

David, I just want ya to know, I was on the phone with Richard not long ago....as I was talking to him, he shouts ....."Oh damn!  Another Indiana car is here!"

So I told him about your reply here, about people from Indiana plotting to invade Georgia, and he laughed and said "Well, he needs to find out who these people are, so he can hitch a ride and come see me!"

Aww! That's so cute how Richard notices our license plates down there! I always think of him when I see a Georgia plate. He's such a sweetheart. I really like him a lot.

Thanks for telling me about it Chuck. And please tell him I said hey to him the next time you have him on the phone, okay? :D

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #3304 on: December 28, 2008, 06:32:13 pm »

Ooooh, I wish I didn't. I feel bleugh today!

Kelda!! You went and got drunk last night? :o

We're you just drunk, or were you Cootie Brown drunk?

I didn't have a hangover this morning. I thought maybe I would because even though I only had three drinks, I didn't get much sleep. Cody ALWAYS wakes me up around 5 or 5:30 so he can go potty outside.  Normally I go back to bed for a little while after he comes back in, but that didn't happen today. I only got about 1 hour worth of sleep. I was still a bit drunk when I got back up!

Maybe that's why I didn't get a hangover. :-\
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #3305 on: December 28, 2008, 07:45:33 pm »
Kelda!! You went and got drunk last night? :o

I didn't have a hangover this morning. I thought maybe I would because even though I only had three drinks, I didn't get much sleep. Cody ALWAYS wakes me up around 5 or 5:30 so he can go potty outside.  Normally I go back to bed for a little while after he comes back in, but that didn't happen today. I only got about 1 hour worth of sleep. I was still a bit drunk when I got back up!

Maybe that's why I didn't get a hangover. :-\
Heh, I didnt 'went' anywhere. I was drunk. In my house.  ;)

With all my band geek pals from yester-year who are home for the holidays. There was 11 of us singing singstar, playing the wii and catching up on old times and gossiping. It was fun. But then I had to go to my nieces birthday party today which was.. loud!

I went to bed at 3.30 after most people had left and left 3 of my mates in my living room living it up on singstar. They went to bed at 5.30am!!!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #3306 on: December 28, 2008, 08:03:13 pm »
Thanks for telling me about it Chuck. And please tell him I said hey to him the next time you have him on the phone, okay? :D

You got it, buddy!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #3307 on: December 28, 2008, 08:03:57 pm »

??? ??? ???

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3308 on: December 28, 2008, 08:40:16 pm »
We say Cooter Brown in Arkansas.  :P
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3309 on: December 28, 2008, 08:42:19 pm »

Cooter Brown is a name used in metaphors and similes for drunkenness, mostly in the southern United States. Cooter Brown supposedly lived on the line which divided the North and South during the American Civil War, making him eligible for military draft by either side. He had family on both sides of the line, so he did not want to fight in the war. He decided to get drunk and stay drunk for the duration of the war so that he would be seen as useless for military purposes and would not be drafted. Inebriety has been measured against Cooter Brown's extended binge ever since by use of the metaphors "as drunk as Cooter Brown" or "drunker than Cooter Brown."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cooter_Brown
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~