Author Topic: Messages From The Heartland  (Read 2162802 times)

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Messages From The Heartland
« Reply #3680 on: January 25, 2009, 04:14:28 pm »
I'll second that, Jess.

Rich, you have a great smile, and inviting, almost sad eyes. 

Hey David, we haven't seen a picture of you in, like, forever!  Please?!

There are pictures of David? I didn't know there were any pictures of David around.

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3681 on: January 25, 2009, 04:50:49 pm »
I watched another movie on "Lifetime" today. I don't think this will spoil anything:

It was about a dysfunctional family--parents, 2 boys, 1 girl and her husband. The younger boy was engaged to a girl, but he was gay; the older boy (Jim Carrey) was an alcoholic, and the girl was thinking about having an abortion. It was a pretty good movie--will probably be on again. "Doing Time on Maple Drive".
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3682 on: January 25, 2009, 05:14:50 pm »
I watched another movie on "Lifetime" today. I don't think this will spoil anything:

It was about a dysfunctional family--parents, 2 boys, 1 girl and her husband. The younger boy was engaged to a girl, but he was gay; the older boy (Jim Carrey) was an alcoholic, and the girl was thinking about having an abortion. It was a pretty good movie--will probably be on again. "Doing Time on Maple Drive".

I've heard of that movie before, but I don't think I have ever seen it. It sounds very familiar.

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3683 on: January 25, 2009, 05:21:53 pm »
It was released in 1992 or 1993.
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #3684 on: January 26, 2009, 01:56:55 am »
DavidinIndy!

Hi Dev!!!

*David waves to Dev*

:D :D

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #3685 on: January 26, 2009, 02:01:17 am »
Oh Wow! This sounds like something I just saw. I just watched For The Bible Tells Me So on Thursday night. It was such a great movie. But one of the people in the movie(It's basically a documentary) was a mother who was raised and raised her children as strict fundamentalists. The womans daughter turned out to be gay and hung herself in her closet. It was so heartbreaking. However, the woman became a gay rights activist and is a part of the group SoulFource that travels around the country speaking to churches and groups.
Her story is amazing all be it very sad. If you havent seent he movie yet I highly reccomend it.

I think I've heard of that movie before Richard, but I don't think I've seen it. Didn't it take place in Kentucky? Maybe I remember hearing about it in the news since Kentucky is in my neck of the woods. I really can't remember for certain where I heard about it. But I will keep an eye out for the movie.

Hey Richard, I just saw several Georgia license plates on I-465 today! What's the deal? I always thought people went SOUTH in the winter! What are they doing way up here? They must have a few screws loose! :laugh:

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #3686 on: January 26, 2009, 02:04:34 am »

That movie sounds familiar to me too Shasta. I remember once watching a movie on Lifetime about an alcoholic father. Martin Sheen starred in it, and so did the guy who played Albert on Little House on the Prairie. I can't remember the name of it though. It was heartbreaking! It made me think a lot about my parents while I was growing up. :(

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #3687 on: January 26, 2009, 02:07:24 am »
Thanks for scaring the shit outta me!
So we rented this last night and tivoed  prayers for Bobby!
Should awatched prayers for Bobby and skippped Mirrors!
That really creeped me out!
I t was a good story and really scary.
I'm gonna have issues now! 
Ok, MORE issues! :laugh:

Mirrors scared the poopy doopy out of me! >:(

I didn't like that movie. It was scary and nasty. Lots of blood and gore, and now I'm scared of all the mirrors in my house. ::) >:(

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #3688 on: January 26, 2009, 02:12:28 am »
you are a very handsome young man, Rich...don't do that to yourself.

{{Rich}}

and you are a good person.

heck if D didn't have Jeff, I would be trying to fix ya'll up!  :laugh: :laugh:

ok, he might be a bit young for you... ;) but I wouldn't mind having you for a son in law at all.

Same here Jess! Not just because i can't stand lookin at my ugly mug either! LOL
i remember all them childhood scary stories about bloody mary and the boogey man that say they would get ya through the mirror! :o

Yes! The mirror witch! We did that too. If you looked into the mirror with a candle sitting on the bathroom counter and chanted "Mary Worth" 7 times while staring into the mirror she would appear and scratch your eyes out! Sometimes they would chant "Hell Mary".

Did you ever see the Candyman movie? Has anyone had the bravery to stand in front of a mirror and chant HIS name seven times?

Not me!!

I agree with everyone else Rich. I like your avatar! You are a very good looking guy. :D

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #3689 on: January 26, 2009, 02:15:14 am »
I'll second that, Jess.

Rich, you have a great smile, and inviting, almost sad eyes. 

Hey David, we haven't seen a picture of you in, like, forever!  Please?!

I'll put it back up again one of these days! In the meantime, enjoy looking at Cody's picture! ;)