Author Topic: Messages From The Heartland  (Read 2164926 times)

mvansand76

Re: Messages From The Heartland
« Reply #1350 on: January 30, 2007, 01:55:28 pm »
***BEWARE SPOILERS***
"Shades of Grey"
Chapter 13

This beautifully written, descriptively brutal prose re-created for me, in my heart and in my mind, the unresolved grief and desolation I experienced when Jack was murdered in the movie. It all came flooding back to me. It  was almost too much for me to bear and I had quite a jarring emotional  reaction on first reading it.

Ennis followed them out into the parking lot, stumbling along behind, not close enough to touch, but close enough to drown in the anguish spilling off Jack in great, swamping waves, his eyes begging Ennis to go back, to let go…let go. Madrigal shoved Jack into the passenger seat of his car, the tinted windows swallowing Jack in a single gulp. Madrigal stepped lightly around the front of the car to fold himself behind the wheel. He didn’t even look at Ennis, the blond man shouting hoarsely in the parking lot of no more interest than a pebble under Madrigal’s foot or a leaf dancing in the wind.

“Jack!” Ennis screamed. “Jack!” But there was no one to hear; Jack was gone, disappearing as if he had never been.

(my italics)

Oh God, Kerry, especially the let go.. let go....  :'( :'( :'(

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #1351 on: January 30, 2007, 05:42:51 pm »
Oh God, Kerry, especially the let go.. let go....  :'( :'( :'(

:'(  "Jack was gone, disappearing as if he had never been."    :'(

γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #1352 on: January 30, 2007, 08:54:44 pm »
I just dropped my coffee cup on my foot and it was full of coffee too.

Damn that hurts.  >:(

I was just wondering what chapter of SoG you're on now, Kerry.

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #1353 on: January 30, 2007, 09:16:12 pm »
I just dropped my coffee cup on my foot and it was full of coffee too.

Damn that hurts.  >:(

I was just wondering what chapter of SoG you're on now, Kerry.

I'll be reading Chapter 15 next. I'm posting favourite quotes from previous chapters, that I'm Oo'ing and Ah'ing over with Melissa. We're loving it.

Tell me, David, How long have you been accident prone?! LOL  :o
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

mvansand76

« Reply #1354 on: January 31, 2007, 08:53:17 am »
I'll be reading Chapter 15 next. I'm posting favourite quotes from previous chapters, that I'm Oo'ing and Ah'ing over with Melissa. We're loving it.

Tell me, David, How long have you been accident prone?! LOL  :o

David and I are always wondering if we are not related in some way, because we both seem to be extremely accident prone... LOL.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #1355 on: January 31, 2007, 03:58:51 pm »
David and I are always wondering if we are not related in some way, because we both seem to be extremely accident prone... LOL.

We sure are accident prone! Melissa and I have shared a few good laughs over the many things that's happened to us during the past year. I think Melissa knows more than my own family does! I tell Melissa almost everything!

.......AMOST everything!  ;)

Scott6373

« Reply #1356 on: January 31, 2007, 04:03:11 pm »
Hiya Buddy how ya feeling?

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #1357 on: January 31, 2007, 04:07:34 pm »
I know American football isn't the most popular subject on this board. I think it's a fairly safe bet most of you will not be watching the Super Bowl this Sunday.

But for those of you living in the U.S., you may want to watch "Animal Planet" this Sunday. They will be airing "Puppy Bowl III" and it's very cute. The show features cute puppies cavorting in a Super Bowl themed play pen. The Puppy Bowl is two or three hours in length, and Animal Planet will replay the program several times on Sunday.

You probably should record it too, because it's very cute and you will want to watch it over and over again.  :)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #1358 on: January 31, 2007, 04:09:40 pm »
Hiya Buddy how ya feeling?

I'm feeling a little better. Thanks for asking!

Hey Scott, you have some problems up there in Boston right now! I'm watching MSNBC and they are finding suspicious packages all around Boston!!

Are you listening to the news right now? God, it sounds really scary!

Scott6373

« Reply #1359 on: January 31, 2007, 04:10:25 pm »
I know American football isn't the most popular subject on this board. I think it's a fairly safe bet most of you will not be watching the Super Bowl this Sunday.

But for those of you living in the U.S., you may want to watch "Animal Planet" this Sunday. They will be airing "Puppy Bowl III" and it's very cute. The show features cute puppies cavorting in a Super Bowl themed play pen. The Puppy Bowl is two or three hours in length, and Animal Planet will replay the program several times on Sunday.

You probably should record it too, because it's very cute and you will want to watch it over and over again.  :)

David...are you for real?  Where the hell were you when I was single...and speaking of that...why are you?  You're like a gay dream come true!!!