Author Topic: BBM DVD review in my TV guide  (Read 2038 times)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
BBM DVD review in my TV guide
« on: October 21, 2006, 01:16:59 pm »
BBM's DVD release was this week in Germany. In my TV guide (TV Spielfim, for the Germans here), there are alsways reviews from current DVD's.

First Yay! was the fact, that BBM is the only one of 11 DVD presentations, that got a whole page of it's own  :). The first page of the DVD section.

Next Yay! - it is #2 in the DVD top 5 (BBM was released as rental DVD a feew weeks ago, that's why it can be in the top 5 at it's first week of sale).

Third Yay! - the movie was highly valued and recommented. Only point of their criticism was the way how it is ballyhooed with empty bubbles, typical "Hollywood-like", and that this kind of promotion is especially for this movie annoying, because it is 'far away from Hollywood mainstream'.

For those of you who can speak a little German, here's the link to the magazine's BBM pages (it's different than the article in the magazine, but enjoyable how many sites they have for it).

http://www.tvspielfilm.de/news/specials/b/brokeback?object_id=3870&artobj_id=12651

Their short résumé for the DVD: "This double DVD belongs in each and every saddlebag"
and for the movie itself: "Overwhelming, a movie like a punch in the gut"

Little things that can make my day... :)

mvansand76

Re: BBM DVD review in my TV guide
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2006, 01:38:19 pm »
Hi, thanks for posting, nice to read! Here in Holland the DVD is also very well-received! There was even a commercial for it on national TV, they never do that for DVDs, only for movies that are still playing in the theatres! Last time I checked it was even in the top-5 of DVD rentals! Do they also sell the nice boxsets?