Author Topic: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings  (Read 2607809 times)

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings
« Reply #3250 on: December 25, 2007, 01:01:52 pm »
And then there is Brother Louie by the Stories:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stories_%28band%29

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brother_Louie

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exl0oSfTSoY[/youtube]

I love the song Brother Louie by the Stories. That brings back a lot of memories. It was considered quite radical at the time.

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #3251 on: December 25, 2007, 02:46:04 pm »
Everybody was wondering what Truman was doing last night for Christmas Eve. He went to a dance and was captured in this video  :laugh:

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEEy615Jzg4[/youtube]

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #3252 on: December 25, 2007, 03:11:03 pm »
And a big hug to you brother, I hope things are happy in New Jersey this morning.  ;D

all is good!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #3253 on: December 25, 2007, 06:28:56 pm »
Loved that vid of the dancing Jack........oh how I would love to dance like that.....

And who wouldn't be happy moving to a song like that?
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #3254 on: December 26, 2007, 12:55:17 am »
Loved that vid of the dancing Jack........oh how I would love to dance like that.....

And who wouldn't be happy moving to a song like that?

I'm sure Truman had a great time  ;D Did you Truman? That is a great song and yeah that is quite some dancing going on there.

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #3255 on: December 26, 2007, 09:21:20 am »
Well Thank Kew Jack, it makes me want to dance. Those folks were amazing.

It is a dreary day here, oh I need coffee.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #3256 on: December 26, 2007, 11:38:56 am »
Good Morning Truman!!! I'm glad you liked the footage that I got of your dance  :) I hope your Christmas Day was extra special.

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #3257 on: December 26, 2007, 03:07:07 pm »
You know I just don't know about these new light bulbs.

I got a slew of them for Xmess and had already heard people were disappointed in them. I can see why, they are nothing more than a miniature florescent tube twisted up to approximate the standard size of the traditional tungstun lightbulb. I have long held that florescent light is an embodiment of evil in the world. It makes people look jaundice, and it is actually blinkin' on and off at a hyperfast pace which cannot be good for the subconscious and leads people to conspiratorally theorize that the things are actually lighting a room in a parallel universe at the same time.

And you flip on the light switch and it is an ENTIRE SECOND before the thing comes on! That is long enough to make me wonder oh hell did I pay the electric bill. Plus, they don;t put out as much light. I had a burnt out bulb in my kitchen ceiling fixture and I replaced the one tungstun bulb with two of these new ones and it was not as bright as a single bulb. It gets brighter in a few minutes, but I mean c'mon, it is the 21st and we are taking a step backward. There has got to be a better solution than this. 

"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • I swear.............
« Reply #3258 on: December 26, 2007, 03:15:08 pm »
You know I just don't know about these new light bulbs.

I got a slew of them for Xmess and had already heard people were disappointed in them. I can see why, they are nothing more than a miniature florescent tube twisted up to approximate the standard size of the traditional tungstun lightbulb. I have long held that florescent light is an embodiment of evil in the world. It makes people look jaundice, and it is actually blinkin' on and off at a hyperfast pace which cannot be good for the subconscious and leads people to conspiratorally theorize that the things are actually lighting a room in a parallel universe at the same time.

And you flip on the light switch and it is an ENTIRE SECOND before the thing comes on! That is long enough to make me wonder oh hell did I pay the electric bill. Plus, they don;t put out as much light. I had a burnt out bulb in my kitchen ceiling fixture and I replaced the one tungstun bulb with two of these new ones and it was not as bright as a single bulb. It gets brighter in a few minutes, but I mean c'mon, it is the 21st and we are taking a step backward. There has got to be a better solution than this. 
They are working on LED lights which will be much more efficient and brighter.
The problem had been that the capacitors could do red and green easily but for some reason (I don't remmber) the white light was hard to do. Well, they have found a way to do it now that will be cost efficient. So in the next year or so it should be on the shelves. I think it may be in the scandanavian countries where the research was being done.
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #3259 on: December 26, 2007, 03:36:05 pm »
Here's you one Truman for after Christmas. The Tennessee Bird Walk

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-OrVQaqkg0[/youtube]