Author Topic: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings  (Read 2607909 times)

karen1129

Re: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings
« Reply #3810 on: February 10, 2008, 11:41:12 pm »
I , like several of us here, have been talking to Scott every day for over a year.
I think of him as a close, very close friend.  He has been there when I really needed him.
I will do the same for him.  I do love him, and want him to be happy.
I don't understand how he got to this point, and I was devastated by the realization
that some things were not true.  I was sick to my stomach for days.  As a nurturer, my
heart went out to him.  I can't stop being his friend.  I'll hold his hand thru this.

I accept his apology and forgive him.  I did that for myself too. 

Like Janice said.... I can't kick him to the curb.  I remember the other Scott and pray that
he is able to get through all this and get back to that person we all knew and loved.

He'll be my friend always.

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
« Reply #3811 on: February 10, 2008, 11:42:10 pm »
[youtube=425,350]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=3Mf7zJbqi4Q[/youtube]  8)
Oh Tru!
I thought I was done grieving or caring.
But to see these photos's of this beautiful young man It makes me cry and rail against all that is unfair!
However, life isn't fair and anyone who tells you it is is trying to sell you somthing!
He was beautiful and talented but he was no more immortal than any of us.
I hope his family can find peace and I pray that the rest of us can too.

"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #3812 on: February 11, 2008, 12:39:11 am »
Truman, thank you for your post about Scott.  I had no idea.  I'm very sorry about the lies, but I'm very happy the sad stuff wasn't true.  I hope he's able to work through this.  What's clear is that he has very caring, loyal friends to help him, and that is the good news.
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #3813 on: February 11, 2008, 07:58:25 am »
I went thru several days of being angry, confused, lonely and just at a loss as to how to feel.

But I miss him. I miss talking with him everyday, miss the text messages, miss the pms, and I never even met the guy in real life. I told him to consider me a friend and stay in touch with me, but I know the person I thought I knew is gone.

Part of what went thru my head last week was trying to understand how he got to that point and could I ever wind up in similar dire straights. I suppose so, but I sure hope not.

Big brother, I am so there with you.

For those who don't know, I was one of the "circle" that Truman is talking about.  When Scott and I started PMing each other here, I had no idea that this would be the end result.

I had a whole bunch of emotions going on when I got word that the situations Scott was presenting to us were not true.  At first, I was completely shocked.  How can someone say stuff like this?   Then, I got angry.  I'm not supposed to take personal calls at work.  However, with what Scott was telling me, and the emotions that were coming through the phone, I felt he needed someone.  So I would leave my cubicle, sometimes 20 minutes at a time, and take his calls.  Now, I find out I risked being repremanded for nothing.

Sometimes I feel badly that he felt the need to do this.  Why?  What could be missing from his world that he needed to behave this way with his friends?

I also received a Valentine from Scott, that arrived after the truth came out.  However, the calls and texts from him have come to a grinding hault.  I'm not calling him, because it's possible he needs space right now.

I did send him a card back.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

injest

« Reply #3814 on: February 11, 2008, 09:08:21 am »
Good morning, Truman

:-* :-*

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #3815 on: February 11, 2008, 10:15:36 am »
Scott and I were not close, but as someone who has suffered through the death of a mother--and that very unexpectedly--that particular falsehood makes me very angry.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #3816 on: February 11, 2008, 10:28:46 am »
Hey Jess!

That part of it really bothered me because it *seems* like he was picking up on things that were sensitive areas for some in his circle. I dunno, I am not a clinitian but I know something is amiss with him and I hope he will get help, life is hard enough without self sabatoge. I wish the best for him, I really do.

I sent a card too Chuck.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #3817 on: February 11, 2008, 10:44:45 am »
That part of it really bothered me because it *seems* like he was picking up on things that were sensitive areas for some in his circle.

I'm a little unsure on how to proceed.  I would never shun him if he were to contact me.  But there is a phrase that keeps going through my mind right now.

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #3818 on: February 11, 2008, 12:15:15 pm »

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

Yeah, I have thought of that too. I am willing to be his friend in spite of not exactly being able to trust, but if it happens again, that saying would deffinatly come into play.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #3819 on: February 11, 2008, 02:05:24 pm »
I am sad and angry for all of you who genuinely befriended and supported Scott. 

And, I'm sorry that Scott chose to engage with people in this way.

Mostly, I'm sad that folks around here will be less trusting from now on.