Author Topic: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County (ARCHIVE)  (Read 538174 times)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
Re: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County
« Reply #1350 on: January 14, 2007, 01:55:22 pm »
I know it isnt much but... I am pretty tired right now!

Update!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/200932.html  "19.  Lover's Quarrel"
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #1351 on: January 14, 2007, 02:43:23 pm »
Sigh, all this arguing and fighting....

is it the wedding reception that is bringing out the worst in everybody? Or are the planets out of alignment? Or something else?

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline souxi

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #1352 on: January 14, 2007, 04:14:44 pm »

is it the wedding reception that is bringing out the worst in everybody? Or are the planets out of alignment? Or something else?

L

I agree with you Leslie. I thought wedding receptions were supposed to be happy events, but as you say, all everyone is doing at the moment, instead of excitedly planning, is arguing. :'( I do hope Ennis can just wear those new jeans he got himself instead of a stuffy old suit. He hates wearing those and he,ll feel uncomfortable enough as it is. I know it,s far too much to expect him to dance at the reception, fair enough, but maybe when they get home? Just the two of them or is that me just wishful thinking? Probably lol. ;D. Right I,ve had enough for one day, enough sorting troublesome people out in chat, enough washing etc. Time to watch most haunted I think. I love that. Nite peeps. Nite twinnie.  :-* :-* :-*

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #1353 on: January 14, 2007, 06:02:43 pm »
I still have to read the latest chapter; been out most of the day.

Nite twinnie  :-*

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #1354 on: January 14, 2007, 07:51:15 pm »
SPOILER

L

Yeah, I think maybe a little bit of all three -a lot of things seem to be coming to a head all at once.  I keep saying planning these things makes everyone insane and that certainly seems to be holding true here!  I have hope that the party itself will be a lot of fun (as most receptions turn out to be) - but the planning?  Not so much.  But let's look on the bright side - now that everyone has gotten their crankiness out their systems - there should be lots of making up!

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1355 on: January 14, 2007, 07:57:42 pm »

I can finally start my reading tonight .. 8)

Lemme show off 3 of the books printed so far .. (they screwed up with the "What I did on my day off" and didn't print the cover pic, so I'll rectify that when I go to print the current LT)..

yay  :)

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #1356 on: January 14, 2007, 08:18:20 pm »
I can finally start my reading tonight .. 8)

Lemme show off 3 of the books printed so far .. (they screwed up with the "What I did on my day off" and didn't print the cover pic, so I'll rectify that when I go to print the current LT)..

yay  :)

Wow - I am so jealous - those are awesome!  Enjoy your reading - really great stuff!

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline David

« Reply #1357 on: January 14, 2007, 08:18:45 pm »
SPOILER: Chapter 19 !

OH NO!   :o

Relationship rule number one!   NEVER go to bed angry!

And we know how wreckless Nick can be when he's angry at Jeremy!     When Nick confessed that he was jealous of Jeeves lering at Jeremy all night,  Jeremy should have been flattered and then consoled Nick.      :-\

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #1358 on: January 14, 2007, 08:26:08 pm »
Wow - I am so jealous - those are awesome!  Enjoy your reading - really great stuff!

Marie

Cheers Marie!  Will do!   ;)

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #1359 on: January 14, 2007, 08:35:35 pm »
SPOILER: Chapter 19 !

OH NO!   :o

Relationship rule number one!   NEVER go to bed angry!

And we know how wreckless Nick can be when he's angry at Jeremy!     When Nick confessed that he was jealous of Jeeves lering at Jeremy all night,  Jeremy should have been flattered and then consoled Nick.      :-\

We certainly are getting a look at the different dynamics of the relationships of our favorite Laramie couples!  Remember how jealous Ennis used to get - a lot?  LOL!!

I'm not too worried about Nick being reckless - remember, this story takes place before Jeremy and Nick's Christmas story - and their relationship was certainly on solid ground then!

But, I will admit, as true to life as this chapter - and all the chapters - have been, I'm ready for everyone to make up and lighten up!

Thanks - Marie