Author Topic: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County (ARCHIVE)  (Read 547070 times)

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County
« Reply #1780 on: March 14, 2007, 06:34:14 am »
My Licky Nicky is a gorgeous Italian singer by the name of Patrizio Buanne (who happens to be touring Australia at the moment).

I think David's Nick may be someone slightly more downmarket!

Oh and we know Louise's Nicky like to get downmarket.    Down to business that is!  LOL.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #1781 on: March 14, 2007, 11:58:30 am »

Okay here it is, I did it AGAIN!

2750 words!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/214600.html  "Blood Oaths" complete
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #1782 on: March 14, 2007, 01:02:09 pm »
SPOILER

Okay here it is, I did it AGAIN!

2750 words!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/214600.html  "Blood Oaths" complete

You sure did do it again.  Wow.  That was so unbelievably poignant, Louise.  I loved that Sue took one look at Jeremy and knew something had changed.  I mentioned that he had to have been in constant turmoil - but I had no idea the depth of it.  The image of a young brother and sister making that blood oath is just heartbreaking.  I'm glad they at least had each other growing up and have each other now.   I cannot wait to hear the rest of that phone call Jeremy made to his mother on Christmas day. 

Seeing Jeremy shiver in that inadequate coat -  it touches my heart to know that Nick must have suggested a nice warm one for his parents' Christmas gift to his Sweet Thing.  Sniff.

Thanks, Louise
Marie

The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #1783 on: March 14, 2007, 01:11:46 pm »

Okay - so his name is right on the dang picture!   :laugh:  Duh.  Not being up on my gorgeous (understatement) Italian singers - I thought he was just a model in a tuxedo ad! 

And, yes, David, Naughty Nicky knows exactly how to get down to business.  Has he been taking any pics of Jeremy lately with his camera?   ;D

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #1784 on: March 14, 2007, 11:50:55 pm »
For all of you Laramie Saga fans, Laramie Tales readers, E & E eddicated folkses, as well as

All a you 'Love Born from Steel' fans and "Through the Veil of Time" fanatics...

I bring you,

An American Brokie in London, in today's DC Daily Sheet.

http://www.davecullen.com/forum/index.php?topic=21061.msg787617#msg787617
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline David

« Reply #1785 on: March 15, 2007, 06:28:18 am »
RE:  A Blood Oath

WARNING : SPOILERS

"THE END"   ?

Wait a minute?    Did I miss a paragraph?     What was the Oath all about?      So his sister was attacked.  That part I got.  But what was the other part?  The part about Jeremy?    Did she know he was interested in boys instead of girls?        Did his momma tell his sister he was caught wrestling with Steve?

I'm confused.     :-\

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #1786 on: March 15, 2007, 07:43:53 am »
Um.

Apparently you are not the only one confused.

"Blood Oaths" is not a stand-alone plot:  It hangs between two events in two stories about Nick and Jeremy:  the first one, "Dupree's Choice" in which he talks about his estrangement from his family in very sketchy terms.  The second is in "Home for the Holidays" in which Jeremy guides Nick back to Elk Mountain.  "Blood Oaths" takes place a week before Christmas, in preparation for Jeremy's reintroduction to his family and the discovery that his parents are no longer in Elk Mountain - the house has been all but abandoned, and his sister encourages him to phone his mother.

There are points in this plot that are not clear: however, they will be made clear in another story!

What "The End" means is the end of this episode, this short story.

And in answer to your very good questions:  their blood oath went two ways:  it was the promise Jeremy made to keep the rape secret from everyone at Sue's insistence.  The second was the secret Sue keeps of Jeremy's, which was only vaguely hinted, but concluded in the comment that he wasn't going to be making any grandchildren.

It was Steve's house they were at in the flashback - I should probably make the sentence structure a little clearer.  Steve's mother found them, to her puzzlement, wrestling in bed, but didn't think much of it.  Well, at least not right away!

Yes, more plot is in the offing.

Offline David

« Reply #1787 on: March 15, 2007, 08:00:39 am »
Okeey Dookeey!   :)

yb

« Reply #1788 on: March 15, 2007, 10:32:48 am »

It was Steve's house they were at in the flashback - I should probably make the sentence structure a little clearer.  Steve's mother found them, to her puzzlement, wrestling in bed, but didn't think much of it.  Well, at least not right away!

Yes, more plot is in the offing.

Will the other stories talk more about Steve's position in Dupree's life?  I find this part of the story intriguing.

Offline David

« Reply #1789 on: March 15, 2007, 09:02:28 pm »
Indeed!    I thought the only guy Dupree had ever kissed was back in basic training?