Author Topic: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County (ARCHIVE)  (Read 538422 times)

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
Re: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County
« Reply #980 on: December 29, 2006, 11:10:06 am »
I had no intention of telling my parents either.   That worked up till I was 29.   Then I was getting physically sick when it was time to go visit them.    A few therapy visits later it was decided that my guilt was making me sick.     I went to a PFLAG meeting first.  The lovely little old ladies sitting there knitting all patted me on the head and said: "Dear, your parents already know.  Just go home and tell them".   So I did.   And they were right.   My parents said they had already guessed that and it was fine long ago.   Problem solved. 

PS:   The PFLAG (Parents and Friends of  Lesbians and Gay people) are a great group of people.      When I visited them, there were some parents there with thier sons or daughters trying to sort things out.   There were some young people there to help the parents, plus some parents and grand parents there to talk to the kids.  What a great resource.

Aww, David - you've made me cry!  I have had one person come out to me - my Godson, Rob.  His mom is a very good friend of mine and Rob and I have always been very close.  And it wasn't a surprise to me either.  But he came to me first because he was so afraid to tell his parents. That was two years ago and he was 21 at the time.   I get all choked up every time I think about how frightened he was.  He actually wanted me to tell them for him.  Eeek!  I wasn't at all sure what to do!  So we went together and told them.  His mom wasn't surprised, either, and she was fine with it.  His dad . . . well, that was more difficult.  He didn't disown him or refuse to see him or anything, but he had a much harder time accepting it.  We eventually got him to go to a PFLAG meeting with Rob and his mom.  And you're right - a great group of people and a wonderful source of support!

I breaks my heart to think of all the young (and maybe not so young) men and women out there living in fear and shame - afraid to tell their families.  Thank you for sharing that story, David.

Hugs,  Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #981 on: December 29, 2006, 09:07:52 pm »
Update!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/193510.html  "3.  M is For the Many Things Unsaid"

It is 2 a.m. on Moving Day.

Please be patient while I organize my new apartment and internet access. I may not be able to get online for very long until after the New Year's Holiday, but I will be logging in each day and will try to make an update each day and get this little fic finished.  In the meantime the Rereaders Club will be holding down the fort with Looking for Answers in the E & E Thread!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #982 on: December 29, 2006, 10:12:44 pm »
SPOILER: CHAPTER 3

Jeremy’s face went still. “Nick, I don’t know what ta say. That’s .. got ta be the nicest thing anybody ever said ta me.” His hand slipped off Nick’s chin and he reached around his neck, pulling him into a kiss, languid, gentle, a brush of the tongue against Nick’s full lower lip.

Awwww  that deserves a photo.

Offline synne

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #983 on: December 30, 2006, 12:39:52 am »
 lovely part Louise
I love their clumsy romantic talk and love the picture David, lively
story is always better with  such poetic illustrations :-*

yb

« Reply #984 on: December 30, 2006, 08:42:17 am »
Hi, I'm back.  The past few days were very frustrating, the earthquake in Taiwan had damaged the under-ocean cables to such an extent that all European and American websites were not accessible to us, we were only able to get access to countries south of us - Australia.  I see that there are already 3 chapters for the new stories, so I'll go read them first and then I'll catch up on this thread.  It's great to be back.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #985 on: December 30, 2006, 09:04:42 am »
welcome back, Betty.  In the next couple of hours I will be unhooking from the internet here and continuing on to parts unknown... I am hoping to get to an internet cafe so I can continue to give out updates... but right now I am pretty tired!!!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

yb

« Reply #986 on: December 30, 2006, 09:38:25 am »
Thank you, Louise, but the repair work of the cables is not completed so the access is still quite unstable, it took ages to load just one page.  I have read the new chapters, they are great, can't wait for the follow-up but you take it easy, finish your moving, unpacking and settle down first.  I'm sure we can wait for the updates until you're all settled.

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #987 on: December 30, 2006, 10:06:55 am »
Thank you, Louise, but the repair work of the cables is not completed so the access is still quite unstable, it took ages to load just one page.  I have read the new chapters, they are great, can't wait for the follow-up but you take it easy, finish your moving, unpacking and settle down first.  I'm sure we can wait for the updates until you're all settled.

Hi Betty  :) Sorry to hear about your internet troubles  :( that must be so frustrating! Hope it gets better soon.

And Louise, don't worry so much about us! Just take it easy and rest for a bit  :) Like Betty said, we can wait.

*off to read chapter 3!*

:)

Offline notBastet

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • no way out but through
« Reply #988 on: December 30, 2006, 11:39:41 am »
I love posting quotes. This is from Chapter 8 of Red Stallions for Christmas:

Lol, Leslie.

I love it whenever Ennis says "huh"... it just makes me smile.
 :)
“It can be a little distressing to have to overintellectualize yourself” - Heath Ledger

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #989 on: December 30, 2006, 01:52:04 pm »
SPOILER

Update!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/193510.html  "3.  M is For the Many Things Unsaid"

It is 2 a.m. on Moving Day.

Please be patient while I organize my new apartment and internet access. I may not be able to get online for very long until after the New Year's Holiday, but I will be logging in each day and will try to make an update each day and get this little fic finished.  In the meantime the Rereaders Club will be holding down the fort with Looking for Answers in the E & E Thread!

That was just beautiful, Louise. And what a perfect title!  How sad about Jeremy  and his family  - makes me especially happy that he has his Nicky now!

Take care of yourself and good luck with the move! 

Thanks - Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain