Author Topic: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County (ARCHIVE)  (Read 538334 times)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County
« Reply #1160 on: January 06, 2007, 11:15:54 am »
    No shots will be fired.  LOL

It isn't the foam covered face thats hot, but the shaving act itself that is sexy.   I used to love watching my ex BF shave.    Then of course the smooooth face afterwards was so fine to kiss.   :)

I have to laugh, because my husband shaves in the shower, so I don't see him shaving all that often. In the summer it is different, when the outdoor shower is open and functional.

This weather we've been having, I could be in the outdoor shower today! It is 58 degrees right now!

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #1161 on: January 06, 2007, 12:03:12 pm »
Didn't they go shopping together for groceries before their cookout party? They bought "too much food to eat" as I recall, including neopolitan ice cream.

L

Oh, yeah (slapping forehead)!!!  That's right!  Now I have to go back and re-read that!  LOL!!  And speaking of neopolitan ice cream (and being pathetic) - when I was looking through recipes and cookbooks trying to find something new to make for a cookie exchange this year- guess what caught my eye?  Neopolitan cookies!  Of course I had to make them (and they were great, too!)  I think E&E would have enjoyed them very much!!   :laugh:

Thanks for the reminder!

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #1162 on: January 06, 2007, 12:08:46 pm »
i'm a bit late into the shaving discussion.

Am I the only person here who thinks that men shaving is really really sexy?

L

*raises hand*, well, my man shaving that is...  ;D

No, you're not - it is really, really sexy - but, of course, it has to be real shaving, i.e., shaving cream and razor - electric razors don't have the same effect at all!!   ;D

Marie

i agree Marie!
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #1163 on: January 06, 2007, 01:44:09 pm »
  Then of course the smooooth face afterwards was so fine to kiss.   :)

Awww. . . Ellery agrees:

I said softly “How does a grown man have such a soft face?”, and moved closer, kissing his lips as I opened my eyes to his, molten darkness in the soft light.

"What I Did on My Day Off" - Chapter 13.  Love that line!

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #1164 on: January 06, 2007, 04:13:54 pm »
updaty-date-date:

http://louisev.livejournal.com/196781.html  "4. Indecent Exposure"
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #1165 on: January 06, 2007, 06:12:24 pm »
Great chapter, Louise!

Minor spoiler, but I loved this paragraph..

Ennis leaned over and kissed Ellery softly, brushing his thumb across the pale cheek, pushing back a shock of black hair, tongue gently probing as they clinched for a long moment, their rough passion having resolved into a tender ease between them. “Let’s go finish that basket, then,” he said softly. He knew from Ellery’s silent acquiescence that the subject of the wedding reception wasn’t over, but he also knew that Ellery was not going to torment him by bringing it up again or presenting him with a new argument. Now – Ellery would stand back, and let Ennis think about what he had decided, and whether he was comfortable with his decision, as he had done when Ellery had first proposed changing positions in sex. Ennis had thought about it, night after night, every time they had sex after that first proposal… after he had said “Ain’t ready for that yet,” and one day he knew – he was ready. Maybe it would be the same way with this – a public acknowledgement of their relationship, their marriage, their togetherness, beyond the exchange of rings, the quietly spoken vows in the presence of those four others who were closer to both of them than anyone else. Maybe there would come a time when the thought of sharing that acknowledgement with the wider community of their friends and coworkers would be a joyful prospect – but that day was not today.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #1166 on: January 06, 2007, 07:08:47 pm »
SPOILER

Really nice pillow talk - our boys sure do know each other well. 

Great chapter, Louise!

Minor spoiler, but I loved this paragraph..

Ennis leaned over and kissed Ellery softly, brushing his thumb across the pale cheek, pushing back a shock of black hair, tongue gently probing as they clinched for a long moment, their rough passion having resolved into a tender ease between them. “Let’s go finish that basket, then,” he said softly. He knew from Ellery’s silent acquiescence that the subject of the wedding reception wasn’t over, but he also knew that Ellery was not going to torment him by bringing it up again or presenting him with a new argument. Now – Ellery would stand back, and let Ennis think about what he had decided, and whether he was comfortable with his decision, as he had done when Ellery had first proposed changing positions in sex. Ennis had thought about it, night after night, every time they had sex after that first proposal… after he had said “Ain’t ready for that yet,” and one day he knew – he was ready. Maybe it would be the same way with this – a public acknowledgement of their relationship, their marriage, their togetherness, beyond the exchange of rings, the quietly spoken vows in the presence of those four others who were closer to both of them than anyone else. Maybe there would come a time when the thought of sharing that acknowledgement with the wider community of their friends and coworkers would be a joyful prospect – but that day was not today.

L

Yes, that and the last paragraph of the chapter were especially beautiful. 

Thanks - Marie

P.S.  Rollin' Rock Beer and Lilac Vegetal aftershave in a green liquor-type bottle!  Yay - more minutia!  LOL!!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #1167 on: January 06, 2007, 07:15:53 pm »
Really nice pillow talk - our boys sure do know each other well. 

Yes, that and the last paragraph of the chapter were especially beautiful. 

Thanks - Marie

P.S.  Rollin' Rock Beer and Lilac Vegetal aftershave in a green liquor-type bottle!  Yay - more minutia!  LOL!!

In my beer drinking days, Rolling Rock was my brew of choice..."33" Anyone remember the 8 oz bottles that were called "Lil Ponies"?

Is there such a thing as Lilac Vegetal? That name has sort of a Vitameatavegamin ring to me...

L

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #1168 on: January 06, 2007, 07:34:20 pm »
update!

WARNING:  JACK ALERT

http://louisev.livejournal.com/196879.html  "5. A Little Too Much Mothering"
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #1169 on: January 06, 2007, 08:48:49 pm »
okay another update... because that last one might have left readers in a state!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/197194.html  "6. Family"