Author Topic: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County (ARCHIVE)  (Read 540917 times)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
Re: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County
« Reply #1400 on: January 17, 2007, 07:18:39 pm »

SPOILER!

It boils down to having to trust what your lover tells you, really, and that is what both of them learned:  Lauren, needing to realize that if he is uncomfortable he has to say so, and Simon to admit his willingness to make adjustments when things go awry.  Or at least, that is how I see it.  I think the issue of sexual boundaries in intimate relationships is too seldom explored, especially when it comes to expanding beyond vanilla play, and too often we see the extremes of abuse and breakdown without seeing how people might actually work to resolve them because they love and care about each other.  And of course, also how members of a social community affect individuals and couple relationships by sharing (and interfering) based upon their own experiences.  Wayne, of course, wants everyone to try everything, because he has and does, with tragic results.  The "grapevine" and social pressure, and assumptions about what constitutes right and good behavior can also lead couples to trip up with each other, and why shouldn't this be covered in a story?  Which is why I "went there."

Thanks for the comments!

“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #1401 on: January 17, 2007, 08:45:43 pm »

SPOILER

SPOILER!

It boils down to having to trust what your lover tells you, really, and that is what both of them learned:  Lauren, needing to realize that if he is uncomfortable he has to say so, and Simon to admit his willingness to make adjustments when things go awry.  Or at least, that is how I see it.  I think the issue of sexual boundaries in intimate relationships is too seldom explored, especially when it comes to expanding beyond vanilla play, and too often we see the extremes of abuse and breakdown without seeing how people might actually work to resolve them because they love and care about each other.  And of course, also how members of a social community affect individuals and couple relationships by sharing (and interfering) based upon their own experiences.  Wayne, of course, wants everyone to try everything, because he has and does, with tragic results.  The "grapevine" and social pressure, and assumptions about what constitutes right and good behavior can also lead couples to trip up with each other, and why shouldn't this be covered in a story?  Which is why I "went there."

Thanks for the comments!

Thank you so much for those wonderful insights, Louise!  I love exploring and pondering the different dynamics of all our Laramie couples.  I found it really interesting that Lauren brought up his conversation with Ennis.  I remember that - Ennis was looking for a validation of sorts from Lauren to do something he desired (but was feeling unsure of) and now we find out that Lauren then turned around and used Ennis in his reasoning to do something he really didn't have a desire to do!  Fascinating!  And I remember the trust issue being discussed between E&E when Ennis left Ellery handcuffed a couple of times.  Recently, we've seen Nick introducing Jeremy to some toys with good  - well actually "great" results! - and Jeremy showing his curiosity, his desire for "more" and admitting that he likes being surprised.  It will be interesting to see the direction that takes. 

You're right, of course, Louise - all these things should be covered in a story - and thank you for doing so! 

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1402 on: January 18, 2007, 08:02:39 am »
Great updates Louise!

Love cranky Ellery and Ennis with his dress code enforcement!  Ha ha!

Really loved how Jeremy went from Angry to lovesick pup over Nicks absence.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #1403 on: January 18, 2007, 11:45:08 am »
muah hahahaha.

Updates will be slow today, due to trying to coordinate schedules for job interviews which suddenly showed up, and then doing reference phone calls... the kind of being-distracted-from-writing thing I don't mind doing at all, at all!

And I am sure no one else minds if I take a little time here to actually secure employment that will keep me happily typing away instead of gradually turning destitute!  AND apparently, I did!

See my blog for details.  I will update today... I just don't know WHEN.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #1404 on: January 19, 2007, 02:58:11 am »
okay, so I lied.  Actually, I suffered from insomnia after getting the news about my job,  and with the descent of the hurricane winds, and did not manage to get to sleep until very late.  I needed sleep before doing any actual writing.

I got about four hours and woke up when the storm began to abate, have worked on some editing, and hope to be productive again after my next nap.  Coordinating interviews, references, phone calls, and sending all sorts of email to and fro between two international destinations was a little much for my sense of peace and harmony.

Look for an update later on today.

yb

« Reply #1405 on: January 19, 2007, 03:05:17 am »
Louise, even though I’m eagerly awaiting your update, your job arrangement and the hurricane situation definitely take precedence.  Take your time and we’ll be here waiting patiently.

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1406 on: January 19, 2007, 07:27:29 am »
You rest up Louise.     I'll just keep picturing Jeremy meeting Nicky at the door naked.   That'll keep me warm until your next chapter is ready.

;)     ~D~

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #1407 on: January 19, 2007, 07:54:57 am »
and.... yes, an update.

http://louisev.livejournal.com/203433.html  "25. Free Floating Jealousy"

I spent some time thinking and considering, and it would see thinking and considering is a good thing in terms of taking original approaches, and so, a theme chapter to get us back to the point of it all.

Offline Kazza

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #1408 on: January 19, 2007, 10:25:51 am »
and.... yes, an update.

http://louisev.livejournal.com/203433.html  "25. Free Floating Jealousy"

I spent some time thinking and considering, and it would see thinking and considering is a good thing in terms of taking original approaches, and so, a theme chapter to get us back to the point of it all.

SPOILER

I did like the way that this was structured - touching base with our main characters. Everyone seems to be back on track (for now).

Do feel sorry for Jeeves though. I know that he's been a bit of an arse, but surely he deserves some companionship too. I'd love to see him and Ennis have the "my love died" conversation.

Karen

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1409 on: January 19, 2007, 12:25:44 pm »
SPOILER

Now that I am caught up with the reading I have to say that even though I feel bad for Jeeves (solitude is hard), I agree that he should not be invited to the reception. It doesn't matter if he has been buying the house over at the bar. He isn't a friend of Ennis and Ellery. I think the reception is something intimate not a public affair in which every queer in Laramie should be invited just because they happen to be customers of the bar. Besides, he and Jeremy are on bad terms. I don't think he belongs in the reception. Those are my two cents anyway.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2007, 12:28:49 pm by opinionista »
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.